Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Thoughts on Parting out my 4.15L TT PT67 350z, 900+rwp

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 12:53 PM
abushong504

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the kind words guys. I have been thinking about it a whole lot.

One of the main reasons I was debating on this was the coverage of the modifications that I have added to the car. Yes, I was worried about speed, but mostly if something did happen and I wrecked my car and lets say my engine was destroyed, my insurance would not cover it.

I know that I could have it appraised and then submit that to the insurance company so that the cost of the car would go up instead of what the car books for. But, I was really concerned as to how much my premium would increase.

I may be ignorant, but I wasn't aware there were special insurance companies that insure "special" or collectible cars that are not driven all of the time. A friend told me about this and I just did a little bit of research today on them. I am thinking of getting my own own separate policy on the Z. Dropping it from my current State Farm and getting a policy through Leland West. They allow for unlimited miles on it, and occasional daily routes (as in to work or school). I could submit receipts and an apprasial value to them so that we could have an "Agreed Value" on the car. This would allow it to be covered 100 percent in case of a similar accident, such as the one that happened to me the other day. I did some simple quick quotes online and it came to only about 10 more dollars a month for this coverage compared to my current state farm policy.

I am really thinking this is the route I am going to take and to keep my baby. Has anyone had any experiences with this sort of thing? Any information would be great.

Again, I appreciate all of the kind words. As I mentioned before, the main thing I was worried about was someone else doing something causing me to total my car and being out all of the money I have put into it, not so much wrecking it by myself. Thinking of that literally made me sick lol.

So basically, I think I am going to keep it and continue the build. It is very close to being completed. Thanks for helping me change my mind guys lol.

Last edited by abushong504; 09-05-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:38 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good choice on keeping it as you have to much time and money in it not to enjoy it.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:02 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i have my stuff insured through state farm. You just show receipts of the stuff done to the car and value then they adjust your rates based on how much money it is. I added everything to my policy and it truthfully didn't add much to my insurance. I still pay 52$ a month full coverage with all the other stuff added on.

You should call your state farm agent and talk to them. They will insure anything as long as you pay the premium!
Old 09-05-2011, 02:50 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

“The cat, having sat upon a hot stove lid, will not sit upon a hot stove lid again. But he won't sit upon a cold stove lid, either.” - Mark Twain.

Don't let this bad experience in your DD ruin your build or passion for your other car. Let some time pass so you can think clearly if you decide to part.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:32 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
“The cat, having sat upon a hot stove lid, will not sit upon a hot stove lid again. But he won't sit upon a cold stove lid, either.” - Mark Twain.

Don't let this bad experience in your DD ruin your build or passion for your other car. Let some time pass so you can think clearly if you decide to part.
Well put and I agree 100%
Old 09-05-2011, 04:26 PM
350zion
Professional

Glad to hear ur keepin it bro.....
Old 09-05-2011, 04:44 PM
ocdz

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I definitely would not sell if I were in your shoes! In the same breath I'd definitely take your steering wheel setup off your hands!

While I don't have near the investment that you do, I was paranoid about insuring my wheels. I have Allstate and what I have done is "or cash value estimate" on my car. The way it was explained to me was that if I can prove the value of the items on the vehicle, it will be insured up to the value which I have requested. It did raise my premium but only marginally so.

Glad to hear you're alright and best of luck with the build!
Old 09-05-2011, 04:46 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Remember, this isn't the classifieds section people
Old 09-05-2011, 05:32 PM
ShaNer14

I would love to take those big brakes off your hand, really considering that to be my first upgrade on my Z. But good to hear no one was seriously injured.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:42 PM
NJVinny350z

Originally Posted by abushong504
So basically, I think I am going to keep it and continue the build. It is very close to being completed. Thanks for helping me change my mind guys lol.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:43 PM
MaelstrØm

Basically, everyone was fine, just really sore. We were very blessed.
Blessed is where you avoid the accident. Being in the accident but OK is lucky.

Now on to the car - the engine is done right, you stroked it out and toughened it up. That is the only way to build a 350z. I would try to sell the thing as a whole to someone who knows what they are getting.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:50 AM
Bigchef66

Ash,
Sorry to hear of your accident, happy all are ok...
Good choice to keep the car, my own situation was similar when i rebuilt mine after the mechanic wrecked it. It had to be appraised and now it is insured at an agreed value and it really only comes out for special occasions... You've seen the pics of it, believe me you would have regretted parting it out.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:11 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Realistically even if you were gonna part out, that motor and turbo kit would sit forever. market is super small for that kinda stuff. LS swaps can be done for 1/3 of the price nowadays. Although 12k is a hell of a deal, esp considering what I paid for my motor

Glad to hear everyone is ok. Just keep dumping money into the car like the rest of us!
Old 09-06-2011, 07:55 AM
FlushedOut

glad to see that you and your mom is doing fine, your car....dont part it it is probably the single most sexiest z i've ever seen inside and out.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:50 AM
abushong504

Originally Posted by Bigchef66
Ash,
Sorry to hear of your accident, happy all are ok...
Good choice to keep the car, my own situation was similar when i rebuilt mine after the mechanic wrecked it. It had to be appraised and now it is insured at an agreed value and it really only comes out for special occasions... You've seen the pics of it, believe me you would have regretted parting it out.
Thanks man. Yeah, I think I definitely would have looked back and regretted it. Especially right before it was about to be done!

Originally Posted by str8dum1
Realistically even if you were gonna part out, that motor and turbo kit would sit forever. market is super small for that kinda stuff. LS swaps can be done for 1/3 of the price nowadays. Although 12k is a hell of a deal, esp considering what I paid for my motor

Glad to hear everyone is ok. Just keep dumping money into the car like the rest of us!
I agree man. That is one reason why I had it priced that low. I know there are not many people at all out there that would spend 10K+ on just a motor. Not everyone is that crazy like us :P

So don't you worry, I will continue to dump money into it haha. It will never end!

Originally Posted by FlushedOut
glad to see that you and your mom is doing fine, your car....dont part it it is probably the single most sexiest z i've ever seen inside and out.

I appreciate it man. Kind words. However, I no longer have the PMu brakes. I traded them for some stoptechs for some extra cash to help fund the motor along with some ARC parts and a TK shift **** (which I am actively trying to get back).

But again, thanks for the comments. It did help me a lot!