Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

To Burnt orange, or not to Burnt orange, that is the question?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2002, 03:45 PM
Slexis200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To Burnt orange, or not to Burnt orange, that is the question?

Ive got a Silverstone base on order, and have a choice of any color of leather i want from nissan (classic soft trim) Do i get Burnt Orange, or a cool Red. Ive seen the orange in person and the leather looks real nice, but im still not sure what're your opinions. Also in 5 yrs from now, is orange still going to be cool? Red will always look good though. Very tough decision. What do you guys think?

-Josh
Old 09-08-2002, 04:07 PM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

There was a Classic Soft Trim rep at the Chicago Z event today. He had all the Nissan authorized colors and a few others. Burnt Orange is not one of the options. The closest color is a shade of tan.
Old 09-08-2002, 04:38 PM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

Wow Victor, now you're asking me to have a memory.

The ones I can remember were black, red (I think only in two tone), tan, hum......and a few others. Those were the "Nissan Authorized" colors. Otherwise I believe you can get any of Classic Soft Trims colors, but there was nothing like Burnt Orange. I didn't pay too close attention since I have a Touring, but there was a guy there asking about Orange.

J350 was standing there with me, so he might remember more.
Old 09-08-2002, 05:07 PM
J350

I'll see if I can add anything, but perfectlyfrank's memory is right on track listing all the right colors & #s of Zs present today at the Chicago Motor Speedway event.

There was a rep at one of the tents that had some leather samples for adding leather to a 350Z. He said that there wasn't an official burnt orange color available, but they had a tan color (i think that was called "ash") that was the closest & he described it as being a toned down version of the burnt orange.

More info is available at: http://www.classicsofttrim.com/
some of the pics may be misleading, as all their leather seats will be perforated like the Touring models, but I think w/o the two-tone color that the Touring charcoal has with orange under the perforation, if that makes sense.

-J
Old 09-08-2002, 06:19 PM
Slexis200

Default hmmm

Whats the difference if its a "nissan color" Im actually happy i cant get the burnt orange now, makes the decision easier Sort of. Ill get Red, or some type of cinnamon (M3) or Saddle (SC430) If they have, but im still not sure. I was thinking two tone at first, but i feel like theyre not going to do such a great job from the pictures ive seen.

So what does authorized nissan color mean? Will the ClassicSoftTrim, still be perforated where it usually is, and then not, when its not?

-Josh
Old 09-08-2002, 07:20 PM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

I believe the authorized colors are the ones that Nissan dealers will be selling. I would assume the other colors can be purchased from an auto upholstery shop.