Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear ended on I-95

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 05:49 PM
xman2yman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesn't sound
Ike you are at fault, guy rear ended you causing you to hit another car. That meAns you are not at fault. I know I written a lot of these accidents up. OM me and I know guy that does great work on cars mainly works with German car especially BMW,s but he is located in lansdale if you need Philly I know another guy that did my car and 2 years later they are replaying my front bumper bc it peeled a little.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:26 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by omniskillz
thanks boomer and everyone else. just pray i get it all fixed without alot of difficulties from insurance.
The car will be fine. Only minor question is who will the claim be against? Your car and insurance or the vehicle behind you. Either way the car still gets fixed right. Relax.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:47 AM
omniskillz

Originally Posted by davidv
The car will be fine. Only minor question is who will the claim be against? Your car and insurance or the vehicle behind you. Either way the car still gets fixed right. Relax.
its my first accident and i've taken care of my car. my car has no dings or scratches, some rock chips on the front bumper and hood. I really hate the fact this happened, but thanks I am trying to relax and just go thru the steps of getting it fixed. claim will be against the car that hit me into the car in front of me.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:02 AM
keniff536

Originally Posted by omniskillz
its my first accident and i've taken care of my car. my car has no dings or scratches, some rock chips on the front bumper and hood. I really hate the fact this happened, but thanks I am trying to relax and just go thru the steps of getting it fixed. claim will be against the car that hit me into the car in front of me.
If you have a decent insurance company there shouldn't be any problem getting your car repaired. Anything attached to your car is covered. If you file with YOUR insurance company they will take care of your car less your deductible. Once they get the money from the other insurance company(if responsible) you will be reimbursed the deductible. Let a good shop determine what's damaged. And if you find that something was missed later, a good insurance will fix that also. Good luck.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:38 PM
xman2yman

any update? any idea where you are going to go?
Old 02-22-2012, 07:04 AM
omniskillz

I just met with the adjuster. he said he'd send me his estimate and a list of shops I can take it to.

In regards to aftermarket parts, he said to talk to the shop and have the shop order the aftermarket part. so dont know how that will fly.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:19 AM
SLIdEwAyZ25

turn it into a drift missle and spend the insurance check on a daily. best desision you will ever make
Old 02-22-2012, 11:32 AM
xman2yman

at the end of the day they give you money and really you can do whatever you want with it. Thats why a lot of people if its something they can live with or just do not care they pocket said money and continue on.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:21 PM
JDSMotoring
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good luck with the repairs
Old 02-22-2012, 01:24 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

That sucks, but at least its not bad. Best thing is you can get rid of that grill when it gets put back together.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:19 PM
rockinbboy

Originally Posted by davidv
You story does not hold water. There is not sufficient damage to the rear to force your vehicle into another in front.

About $3,000 damage.
Not sure if you are implying he is lying about his story or just saying insurance might be harder with his story without solid evidence such as a police report.

I've been rear ended before in my Z (well, van hit another van, which then in turn hit me). It was loud and I moved forward, but luckily nobody in front of me.

I stepped out expecting the rear to be in ruins, but shocked to see no obvious damage. It still had to be fixed because bumper had to removed and repainted.

I did however have a police report.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:29 PM
omniskillz

Originally Posted by terrasmak
That sucks, but at least its not bad. Best thing is you can get rid of that grill when it gets put back together.
I LOVE MY GRILL... although no idea if i can get the same.

car still not closed to getting fixed. the other car owner's insurance company is coming out to estimate damages since my insurance co requested I handle it directly with them... sigh.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Fenom

Sorry to hear, but glad you walked out safe.