New Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2002, 09:36 AM
nizl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Touring6MT_Z
[B]

nizl,

Whatever you think of Nissan, I will enjoy having an option to remove and put it aside. Hope it is what we think it is.
All I meant was that for Nissan itself to unscrew the fixed mast in official pictures is muy muy lamo. If you're gonna sell a $30k car with a fixed-mast antenna, it should be fixed-mast in every pic.

As it stands, the redline and lemans orange pics make it look like the antenna is retractrable. This is deceptive and at the very least bad mojo; some would consider it false advertising.

Anyways, I'm ok with the fixed-mast decision, and if it's unscrewable, cool. But it is lame for the company that decided on it to release official pics with the antenna decision covered up. It's like a bad game of hide-the-salami.
Old 06-01-2002, 09:39 AM
brackethead

I'm so happy to see all the colors! (except for PP White, MIA)

Hopefully they'll post more. And I hope they add to the high-res photo gallery at NissanNews.com (http://www.nissannews.com/multimedia...003/350z.shtml).
Old 06-01-2002, 09:44 AM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Originally posted by nizl

All I meant was that for Nissan itself to unscrew the fixed mast in official pictures is muy muy lamo. If you're gonna sell a $30k car with a fixed-mast antenna, it should be fixed-mast in every pic.

As it stands, the redline and lemans orange pics make it look like the antenna is retractrable. This is deceptive and at the very least bad mojo; some would consider it false advertising.

Anyways, I'm ok with the fixed-mast decision, and if it's unscrewable, cool. But it is lame for the company that decided on it to release official pics with the antenna decision covered up. It's like a bad game of hide-the-salami.
Yep, I got your point and agreed with you that it will misled those who just visit nissandriven.com. Well, the original picture misled all of us, including those beefy rear wiper. I was disappointed when I saw the fix mast, but not to the point of whining everyday. Did you see my update on RxO's comment about removable mast?
Old 06-01-2002, 10:07 AM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Originally posted by silverstone_350z
come on guys, help me out on my last post, PLEASE!!..
silverstone,

scafremon posted a picture of himself in front of a Silverstone here => https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....=6602#post6602

You might want to go there to interview him. Good luck. BTW, I think it look classy.
Old 06-01-2002, 11:40 AM
christurismohk

I know is not that good....but the background of the orginal seemed kinda plain to me.....
Old 06-01-2002, 12:26 PM
silverstone_350z

exsillio and touring..thanx guys!! you both always seem to help me out..you guys are great.. thank you.
Old 06-01-2002, 05:12 PM
TCL

Good to see more shots though they don’t change my top two choices of Daytona and Le Mans. It’s interesting how the sunlight in Scafremon’s pictures brings out more of the metallic properties of the blue paint than the Nissan photos show. The last metallic blue car I owned was similar in that respect.
Old 06-01-2002, 08:06 PM
nizl

I ordered chrome silver, and still like it best, but I gotta say that Silverstone and Redline are both pretty damn nice looking. Especially the Redline.
Old 06-01-2002, 08:33 PM
Hank Nukem

Default Goosebumps!

Dang! They're all great! I would be happy with any of the colors. Glad to see an end to the speculation about Silverstone (that's what I ordered and I am very happy with it). I really liked the Brickyard...very classy.
Old 06-01-2002, 08:42 PM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

Originally posted by nizl
I ordered chrome silver, and still like it best, but I gotta say that Silverstone and Redline are both pretty damn nice looking. Especially the Redline.
Me too...always liked silver cars.. looks great day or night

96 Integra LS Silver
00 Nissan Xterra Silver
03 Nissan 350Z Silver
Old 06-01-2002, 09:02 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Great to finally see all the colors! ( I know...White was missing)
Makes me feel better about my choice of Chrome Silver. Redline was going to be my second choice but I was afraid it would look too orange...to my weary eyes it does...kind of why I don't like the Corvette Red...maybe it's time to have the eyes checked again!

Ride Safe

Pat
Old 06-01-2002, 10:32 PM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! How could half a day pass and me not be aware of all these new pics?!?!?!?!!!!! Would someone please e-mail, call, or send out the national guard to let me know the next time big news occurs!!!! For crying out loud!!!!!

Anyways, I love 'em all- a part of me wishes I had picked a color more original than chrome silver, but I think in the long run it will prove to be the best choice for me.

I think there is much for everyone to be happy about!

Ethan
Old 06-01-2002, 11:01 PM
ColecatZ

Default silverstone view

The brickyard continues to surprise me every new pic I see......great choice for those that ordered. It looks super classy.

The Silverstone (what I ordered) seems to have a little more blue in it than I expected. I'm pleased with the color and I'm sure I will like it more once some decent pics are out. The very first of the low res pic that scafremon took shows the metal flake in the fender flare so I know it is the pics. I just think some of the dissapointment over the silverstone is because we all built it up in our heads and on the forums over the past months that it was darker and now it seems too similar to the silver when it comes out lighter. And to add to it, all we have been staring at for the past 5 months is the chrome silver so naturally the one that would seem least impressive or awe inspiring would be the one that is closest to the chrome silver, silverstone. Personally, I love the color. I don't think it screems sportscar as much as the redline as JmanZ mentioned earlier, but it will have an agressive class too it (only way I can think to describe it.....kinda like the GT2 Porsche in that charcoal color) Can't wait to see it sitting on some nice rims with a machine polished lip.

I would have to say that I love them all, especially the Redline and Daytona. Redline makes the car look fast. You just know by viewing it that it runs like a raped monkey.

just my $.02
Old 06-02-2002, 09:52 PM
Zman

Thumbs up

I was quite decisive about LeManz at the beginning, but after seeing some of the other colors, I was not so sure about my choice. After seeing the above production model of the LeManz, I am again confident of my choice. I think it looks awesome! I guess the reason why we are having such a difficult problem picking color is because the car just looks great in any color.

Old 06-03-2002, 01:48 AM
ncrecordkeeper

I agree Zman...outside of white and the silvers (I'm not a real fan of any silver) they're all great colors on the car. I basically flipped a coin between daytona and lemans and the coin pointed toward orange. After scaf's initial pics, I was doubting, but I think we're all gonna be happy come fall.
Old 06-03-2002, 06:33 AM
john0213

You just won't go wrong with silverstone, it's gonna be a long term colour~

Originally posted by christurismohk

I know is not that good....but the background of the orginal seemed kinda plain to me.....
BTW, that picture looks sorta awkward.............
Old 06-03-2002, 06:39 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Just one question....How exactly, does a raped monkey run???
Old 06-03-2002, 09:09 AM
RainmanZ

Hey BonZ, Let's just say that raped monkey does not take the time to SNIFF that finger that he usually digs in his AZZ with.

Old 06-03-2002, 10:06 AM
ColecatZ

pretty freakin fast I would imagine......

Quick Reply: New Pictures