Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
View Poll Results: Would You Ship Your Z to Guam?
Yes, the roads aren't as bad
50.00%
No, roads are bad. Just get parts while in you're in Guam
35.71%
No, and don't get parts. Put the money towards a newer, faster car
14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Would You Ship Your Z to Guam?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 10:12 PM
farvaric

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your Z wont be doomed if you take it to Guam lol! Take it from an actual local ;-)

The only fear is the shipping (as with shipping a car any where in the world or the nation. Not trying to argue with any of the members, I know everyone has their best intentions, just want to ensure a board member enjoys their vehicle and has all the info so he can make a sound decision is all :-)

But I would consider selling it after your term to free it up, may go for a tad bit above Mainland US market (Guam is a US territory) but most likely not much more if at all...there are plenty of Z's and imports there. If you enjoy it, then sell it...it will give you play money for your next car when you come back.

I would consider selling the Z32 if anything for cash before you leave, ship your Z (if you want to enjoy it), then sell it locally before you leave. Military sells are nice and many buyers locally that look into the departing Military offerings...or just look to sell it back to the Nissan dealer there.

If you want your Z there, no worries about it locally...not any more than owning a Z in Florida or Hawaii.

Let us know what you decide to do, keep us posted.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:24 PM
farvaric

Originally Posted by angelo350z
^^^I really appreciate the info and vids farvaric. I'll see how it is first hand and then decide. I'll check out the spots you mentioned, seems like I'll enjoy it as much as Florida. I miss the chill, beach lifestyle so I'm sure Guam won't fall short on that. What about the women?
NP, life is great there and very chill. I mean evey place has pros and cons, but I miss it.

Local island girls are very nice, nice mixes as well...there are also not so nice girls too (same as any place lol!). The island has a large mix of various islanders though, lots of Micronesians and Chuuk folk...lots of Filipinos. Locals are called Chamorro...lots of asians...lots of white people...miniature Hawaii I guess.

Scope the place out, your existing hobbies and new hobbies may make you decide to just get an FJ cruiser or something as cliff diving, snorkeling, hiking, and off-roading are big there too.

Small place, but lots to do, but it will become repetitive after a while, but hell...having brunch by the beach each Saturday/Sunday morn, hitting up the clubs or hotel tree bars each free night, watching movies one day before the rest of us, and having everything else around you that you would have in the States isn't such a bad Ground Hog's day experience in my book.

Horse and Cow every Thursday is Go Go Girl night (at least it was)

...Magic Stix, Side Pockets, and Buddies are good billiard spots too...
Old 04-29-2012, 10:26 PM
angelo350z

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It would be wise to sell one or both cars, but I've always wanted to have a fleet of my favorite Z cars so I'm holding off on selling anything right now. The cars are safely parked in a Porche delaership in Germany, and for about $1K a year in storage fees, they'll stay that way as long as I'm in Asia. The 300ZX will be a problem since I won't be able to bring it back to the US for another 9 years. I don't intend on going back until I retire in 7 or 11 years, depending if I make E-8. Again, thanks for the great info!
Old 04-29-2012, 10:35 PM
farvaric

Originally Posted by angelo350z
It would be wise to sell one or both cars, but I've always wanted to have a fleet of my favorite Z cars so I'm holding off on selling anything right now. The cars are safely parked in a Porche delaership in Germany, and for about $1K a year in storage fees, they'll stay that way as long as I'm in Asia. The 300ZX will be a problem since I won't be able to bring it back to the US for another 9 years. I don't intend on going back until I retire in 7 or 11 years, depending if I make E-8. Again, thanks for the great info!
Anytime Angelo!

I recently converted over to Z's myself (a year ago...have a Carbon Silver 08 myself now).

I frequent Philippines for business (was just there for two months and stopped into Cali this past week as well as by Z Car Garage while there). Maybe I will hit you up if I end up going back to Philippines in June, it is only a 3hr plane ride to Guam and was planning to swing over this next trip again.

If I do, will PM you and might be able to show you around if you are stationed there by then and if my trip pulls through (that's a lot of if's).

Either way, sexy car collection so far, good luck with the move, and as others have said, thanks for your service!
Old 04-29-2012, 11:00 PM
angelo350z

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sure thing, hit me up whenever you go to the PI. I actually plan on visiting before I move to Guam. Thanks again.