Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Last Nissan product I will purchase!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 07:00 PM
mpfstew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Last Nissan product I will purchase!

Originally posted by Phat Z
I finally traded in my 350z for a BMW 330i Sports/Premium package. I owned my 350z for 16 months and while I did enjoy the car all I have had is problems. The transmission, tire feathering, window grease. bose system, suspension noise and a car that pulls to the right.

I must tell you all that I test drove many cars trying to find a replacement. Some cars were faster but the overall quality of the car, suspension and workmanship were the best in the BMW.

I wish you all luck with your 350z's. The Z is a beautiful car, however Nissan has not treated us with the proper care and respect that we all deserve.

From the begining Nissan has had an opportunity to do the right thing with many of it's customers that were unhappy with the product they had put out into the market. They have chosen not to do the right thing and I have chosen to never purchase a Nissan product again.

Good Luck Nissan!!!
I here ya man. I had to start counting on my toes the number of times my car has been in the shop. I to have thought about selling it or trading it, but I'm not rich and I can't afford to lose that much money right now. All my problems have been fixed now so I'm just enjoying my car as much as possible at the AutoX and whatnot. Have fun with the BMW.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:42 PM
cwerdna

Default good luck w/the BMW

Good luck w/the BMW. They aren't known for reliability although they're not as bad as some Audis (mainly the TT) or most Mercedes. Looking at the most recent April auto issue, only 1 year of the 3 series (the 95) had a better then average reliability rating. Two years were worse than average, and the rest were average.

Compare that w/say the Maxima, where every year was better than average.

On consolation, at least in Germany, BMW didn't do too badly in this survey...
http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content...._code=02881991
http://www.wheels24.co.za/Wheels24/N...453742,00.html

If you want reliability, you should've gone w/a Yota (too bad they don't make anything exciting anymore) or a Honda.
Old 01-06-2004, 12:13 AM
Beaker02

Man it bums me out to see people have such bad problems with a Z as to get rid of it. Mines 6mo. old and nothing big to speak of. Ya its been more finiky than a Civic, but heck, it's a sports car. Knew what I was buying.

As for the Bmer, great car. Not a sports car, but great car. Were looking into one of those for next year. My manager loves his.

I'm sure it will be very dependable for you. Enjoy.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:35 AM
cincyspider

*scratches his head in disbelief*

Sold a beautifully designed car and bought a box.
Old 01-06-2004, 01:33 PM
samw1978

most my friends who have the new 3 -series have some minor problems frequently...(5s are a bit better)
I've driven both 328 and 330, they are nice, but... not as good as what I thought, and don't think they worth that money IMHO
I love 5 and 7 series though, just don't really like 3 series
no offence... I'm just too poor and don't have that much money...

My Z's been problem free so far, dealer is really nice to me
Old 01-06-2004, 02:18 PM
NismoKid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my car since March '03 and only things that have happened to mine are the window streaks and drifting to the right. I never brought the car in for the window streaks because they went away on their own. I took the car to the dealer and they found it was out of toe in the right rear. Now it drives in a straight line forever. As for the BMW, I think you'll like it a lot, but probably not as much as the Z if your's didn't have the problems. My dad has a '98 740iL and it has had some issues. The big ticket one was when the head gasket blew.