Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z VS. MY Z06..LOL

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 07:34 AM
nizl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by rpgonzalez
damn it nizl...no matter what, you always beat me at posts.
That's because I'M ALWAYS ON THIS DAMN BOARD!!

WHERE THE HELL IS MY ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ???!?!
Old 09-11-2002, 09:13 AM
roberto350z

Originally posted by silverstone_350z
lets enjoy our cars and be safe, and try to race everybody on the roads
Old 09-11-2002, 09:14 AM
roberto350z

Originally posted by nizl

That's because I'M ALWAYS ON THIS DAMN BOARD!!

WHERE THE HELL IS MY ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ???!?!
i thought your girlfriend made you stop!! Ha..looks like sun microsystems is losing some productivity
Old 09-11-2002, 09:35 AM
ZZtopp

I own a 2002 Z06 and I just picked up a track PPW Z. Other than in pure acceleration, the Z is a far better car. I originally intended to have the Z06 modified to the tune of about 550 HP, but after driving the Z for a week, and I think I'm going to dump the Vette and perhaps check out the new Viper instead of spending the money on Vette mods. The Z is my daily driver, and I'm totally impressed with it. Although the performance of the Vette is exceptional, it's build quality is not nearly what it should be for a $50000 car. When compared to the $30000 Z, it feels like a piece of crap.

As for racing a Z06 with a 350Z, that's just plain dumb.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:42 AM
zPilott

Originally posted by Zboy
Its funny that he can know about a 350Z and afford one but he has no idea how fast a Z06 is. Sounds like someone who just walked into a Nissan dealership, looked at the cool car and decided to pay over MSRP to get one.

As for respect for 350Z, most Porsche and Corvette owners have given me thumbs up when they see me driving a Z. But for some strange reason, the BMW and Audi owners pretend they didnt notice it and flyby.
Kinda funny, when I was driving around, the only two thumbs up that I got were from a 7 series and an A6
Old 09-11-2002, 10:06 AM
rai

Default zztops

Originally posted by ZZtopp
I own a 2002 Z06 and I just picked up a track PPW Z. Other than in pure acceleration, the Z is a far better car. The Z is my daily driver, and I'm totally impressed with it. Although the performance of the Vette is exceptional, it's build quality is not nearly what it should be for a $50000 car. When compared to the $30000 Z, it feels like a piece of crap.
ZZtops:

I am glad to hear you say so, as you know I was on the fence with the Z06. I love the performance, but the style was not for me, the interior was what I have come to expect from GM enough said. For me (being tall) I found the 350Z to have a bit more head room. How would you compair the view out the rear view and over the shoulder between the two??

Also what's with your avatar? It looks cool and all, but it's a little freakey like a mutant gorilla?

Old 09-11-2002, 10:29 AM
Chris S

Originally posted by NissaNZ
This reminds me of little s2000's trying to mess with a Z and getting their asses set straight.
What a dork....you probably don't even own a 350Z. I'm not into drag racing, but I spent last weekend at Texas Motorsport Ranch, and a Z06 was the only car that could hang in my group (which included Porsches, Vipers, M3's, C5's, etc.). I'm really looking forward to seeing how well the Z's do on a road course.
Old 09-11-2002, 11:05 AM
spf4000

This reminds me of little s2000's trying to mess with a Z and getting their asses set straight.
Please, we don't need to start another flame war. Both cars have similar performances and prices.
Old 09-11-2002, 12:09 PM
Chris S

Ohh my God, these honda fanboys are getting funnier by the minute. Now the s2000 is in the same league as a Z06, that is amazing.
No dipshit, I didn't say that...for amateur drivers, the driver is more important that the car anyway IMO.

Talk about fanboys, you're the one w/ the blinders on. I appreciate and respect many other sports cars, incl. the 350Z and the Z06. I have no particular brand loyalty to Honda, and wouldn't be driving one if it wasn't for the S2000. I also wouldn't be here if I didn't dig the Z, though I currently have no plans to trade my S2000 for one. Regardless, you won’t find me spouting off BS about how one car is superior to another, b/c that’s childish IMO. Like the S2000 board, this one is comprised of a lot of cool, open-minded enthusiasts. Too bad every car’s fanbase includes dumbasses who don’t know what the hell they’re talking about.
Old 09-11-2002, 12:29 PM
barnicleboy
Banned

Originally posted by Chris S

No dipshit, I didn't say that...for amateur drivers, the driver is more important that the car anyway IMO.

Talk about fanboys, you're the one w/ the blinders on. I appreciate and respect many other sports cars, incl. the 350Z and the Z06. I have no particular brand loyalty to Honda, and wouldn't be driving one if it wasn't for the S2000. I also wouldn't be here if I didn't dig the Z, though I currently have no plans to trade my S2000 for one. Regardless, you won’t find me spouting off BS about how one car is superior to another, b/c that’s childish IMO. Like the S2000 board, this one is comprised of a lot of cool, open-minded enthusiasts. Too bad every car’s fanbase includes dumbasses who don’t know what the hell they’re talking about.
The way you talk, you sound like a child.

Did you mommy buy you the S2000?
Old 09-11-2002, 12:35 PM
Chris S

No, I bought it myself and paid cash for it. I don't know what you're talking about, I'm the one that's open-minded here...I guess hearing NissanZ's repeated attacks on “Honda fanboys” and S2000’s is pretty annoying and just gets old.
Old 09-11-2002, 12:51 PM
silverstone_350z

OOPS...i meant lets try to NOT race everybody..lol
Old 09-11-2002, 12:52 PM
roberto350z

i think you two have communication issues. Many of the replies that are heated arent even addressing anything the other person said in the first place. Its like the stuff is coming out of thin air!

Please...stop arguing about nothing. At this point its a pissing contest with no clear topic of debate. The next person to insult the other after this post is totally irrational and uncivilized. STOP THE INSANITY>>>YOU WANNA TALK ****>>>TAKE IT TO THE TRACK!
Old 09-11-2002, 01:16 PM
ZZtopp

Default Re: zztops

Originally posted by rai

ZZtops:

I am glad to hear you say so, as you know I was on the fence with the Z06. I love the performance, but the style was not for me, the interior was what I have come to expect from GM enough said. For me (being tall) I found the 350Z to have a bit more head room. How would you compair the view out the rear view and over the shoulder between the two??

Also what's with your avatar? It looks cool and all, but it's a little freakey like a mutant gorilla?

The Vette has better visibilty, but I really don't think the Z's is as bad as everyone says it is. I don't find it to be a problem.

As for the avatar, that's a shot of a 1/4 scale lowland gorilla that I sculpted.
Old 09-11-2002, 04:46 PM
Zmeflyby

You paid cash for it? What a queer, not even Bill Gates pays cash for his cars, it's called a credit line, guess you don't have any. You must be a hotshot being able to pay cash for a car, I wish I could do that, NOT hahaha. What a joke. Now go drive the lawnmower you paid cash for.
hey man u better stop with that honda fan **** or ur gonna get banned real soon..i can promise u that.
Old 09-11-2002, 06:06 PM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Conveniently, the moderators gave us ignore buttons...
Old 09-11-2002, 06:06 PM
Bishop_Tx

Default this is ridiculous

Guys Chris S is a responsible poster and fellow sports car enthusiast who has been kind enough to invite us (Z folks) to outings, events and get togethers. Their S2000 Central Texas group was very friendly to me when I posted to their forums and I'm ashamed of how some of the Z people in thread has treated him.

The S2000 is a great car and so is the Z. Opinions are great and we should air them, but not at the expenses of others. Stay fatcual and leave the locker room talk for the locker room.

Chris S - I'm sorry and please don't think this is the way the majority of Z owners react.

Bishop_Tx
Austin, Tx
Chrome Silver Track - All the options
Old 09-11-2002, 06:40 PM
silverstone_350z

lets try to stay on topic here guys (the topic that i started, if there is anything more to say that is) and quit the childish fights.
Old 09-11-2002, 07:06 PM
Ohio350z

Unhappy 4.5 Sec and 385 hp, tought to beat

<---- That is what that guy looked like. He probably thought it was a standard vette not the Z06 which packs a 4.5 0-60 time with 385 hp under the hood. It has 100 more hp than the z and is basically the same weight, therefore as it stands now we will get toasted. But, all is not lost there is room in the Z for another 100 hp+ if when we eventually get a supercharger and some nitrous kits avaiable. Damm, I said last night I was going to stop thinking like that. Oh well, you always can dream about going faster. Hmmm, Jet Assisted Takeoff? Nooooo, I don't want to end up on the cover of the 2003 edition of the Darwin Awards.

Ohio 350z
Old 09-11-2002, 07:54 PM
Chris S

Default Re: this is ridiculous

Originally posted by Bishop_Tx
Guys Chris S is a responsible poster and fellow sports car enthusiast who has been kind enough to invite us (Z folks) to outings, events and get togethers. Their S2000 Central Texas group was very friendly to me when I posted to their forums and I'm ashamed of how some of the Z people in thread has treated him.
Thanks, Chris (Bishop_TX). I've never come here to troll, start any pissing contests, or say anything bad about the 350Z, which seems like a great car as far as I car tell w/o actually driving one. I'm only here to learn more about the Z, since it could be a future replacement for my S2000, and to meet some of the local Z owners/owners-to-be, who have been very cool so far. The Austin S2000 crew has plenty of admiration for this car, and hopes the Z owners will feel just as welcome joining us for events as if they owned S2000's.

Sorry to those I've offended for refuting the baseless comments about another wonderful sports car.

Quick Reply: 350z VS. MY Z06..LOL