Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z VS. MY Z06..LOL

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2002, 11:00 PM
silverstone_350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z VS. MY Z06..LOL

Ok folks, as some of you know, i got a Z06 about 1 month ago.
Anyways, as i was driving in Fenton (a city about 20 mins north of me) when i noticed a 350Z. Of course, i wanted to check it out, since this is the first time i ever seen a Z in person. So i speed up and we both ligned up at the light. It had just turned red, so we had a while before it turned green. Anyways, i look over at him and roll my window down, so does he. I say "Nice car man, i was gonna get one but decided to go with this car" He says "Awesome car, but i cant afford it. How fast is that thing?" so i said "You wanna find out, haha" I was just joking, but he took me seriously and rolled up his windows with anger.. It was just a joke, but this guy took it the wrong way. My intention wasnt to get him upset, it was simply a joke. So he put his windows up and started to.....................REV HIS ENGINE at me. LOL, i couldnt believe it. I didnt want to race him. again, that wasnt my intention. Anyways, the light turns green and guess what? the guy punches it! lol. i didnt even take off, so of course he was ahead of me. We pull up to another light about 1/4 mile later, and he rolls his window down and says "is that all u got?" oh my god, i said "ha, no man, i was just messing with you earlier, i really like your car" and he says nothing but "lets go dude, lets see what you got" oh man oh man, i couldnt believe it. Well, he asked for it right? the light turns green and, well, lets just say i was about 7+ cars lenght ahead of him in a matter of secs.
Then he does a ricer fly by where he flicks me off.

I dont know, but i hope not all the 350Z drivers on this board are like that.

Well, i just thought i would share this rather odd story with you guys. Please respect your fellow Z06'ers, because sometimes one just wants to compliment you on the car, rather then race..
Old 09-10-2002, 11:11 PM
nizl

Weird story, that's basically the opposite of how people on this board seem to act.

Maybe the guy had a small *****...

Or his mommy never hugged him...

Or the bully always took his lunch money...

Or the girl he really wanted to take to the prom said "No"...

Or he's just an ***...
Old 09-10-2002, 11:13 PM
silverstone_350z

Yes Nizel, it is a weird story, exactly why i said i would share this "odd" story with you guys. That was too weird. Ur right, i dont think his mommy gave him the hugs he deserved. But, i dont think he needed it, he was about 30 years old.
Old 09-10-2002, 11:17 PM
rilez

Obviously the guy's an idiot if he thought for a second that his Z would beat your Z06, let alone a regular C5. In my opinion, he deserved to get smoked - especially after you didn't race the first time and explained what you meant.

Just cuz the guy owns a Z doesn't mean he deserves it. The Z has a rich heritage and he's probably the type who doesn't know diddly-squat about it. Sheeot, he should give me his car... I deserve it.

You did the right thing in my opinion. Congrats on the car too... if anyone doesn't know it yet, those things are monsters.
Old 09-10-2002, 11:21 PM
Zboy

Its funny that he can know about a 350Z and afford one but he has no idea how fast a Z06 is. Sounds like someone who just walked into a Nissan dealership, looked at the cool car and decided to pay over MSRP to get one.

As for respect for 350Z, most Porsche and Corvette owners have given me thumbs up when they see me driving a Z. But for some strange reason, the BMW and Audi owners pretend they didnt notice it and flyby.
Old 09-10-2002, 11:24 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha you made a grown man cry. nice!
Old 09-10-2002, 11:40 PM
silverstone_350z

I ALWAYS give credit when it is due. I think the 350Z is a sweet car. imo, anybody that doesnt give it a thumbs up is either jealous, or stuck up.

But ya, that guy was weird. But hey, i tried right?
Old 09-11-2002, 01:07 AM
3rdpower

*sniff...sniff*

Burnt flesh?

um... can you say "I'm an idiot boy"?
Old 09-11-2002, 02:52 AM
jgrier

He was obviously not a car person. Zo6's always get my respect no matter what car I'm in. It's too bad they can't provide the bubble back on that car. I know they do it because of handling, but damn the Zo6 would look good with it..........congrats. Now I have sit back and wait till November for mine..........
Old 09-11-2002, 03:51 AM
LS350Z
Charter Member #56

[quote]lets just say i was about 7+ cars lenght ahead of him in a matter of secs. [quote]

Can you explain to me the measurement of a car length? Is it the length of the car winning? Maybe the car losing? Is it the average length of all cars on the road? With the vette being a good 8 to 10" longer then a Z, the carlength difference between the too could be 56-70" difference based off of the car length factor.
Old 09-11-2002, 04:14 AM
rai

I was torn between the Z06 and M3 before deciding on the 350Z. I really love the Z06 performance and would never think of challanging one to any kind of race unless I had a 911 turbo or a viper, but a 350Z is not meant to out drag a Z06. That's a joke.

BTW I saw a Z06 the other day, the exhaust sound is a awesome.

Let's review

350Z: 11 pounds per hp, 1/4 mile in 14 sec
Z06: 7.6 pounds per hp, 1/4 mile in 12.4 sec

cry little boy, go find an eclipse to challange next time if you want to compensate for something.
Old 09-11-2002, 04:33 AM
AdamLotz (Z FIEND)

Yeah, my daily driver is a 300ZXTT, and it's faster than most of what's out there... I went out a few times with a girl who owned a Z06, and she let me drive it once... holy christ... by the time my accelerator foot hit the floor, it was time to shift to 2nd... Honestly, I didn't like the car (hate the corvette interior and layout) but for raw power, it was unreal.
Old 09-11-2002, 04:40 AM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

no way in hell I'd mess around w/ a Z06, especially on a public road- but yes I was in Michigan.

Ethan

Originally posted by JmanZ
Wouldn't it be funny if that guy you smoked was/is a forum member?

Let's narrow it down... Michigan right? What city? What color was the Z? What did he look like?

haha

I bet it was Ethan visiting some friends.

Fess up Ethan, you left the Garen State and drove a few thousand miles JUST to take on one of Bolwing Green's finest didn't you?
Old 09-11-2002, 04:58 AM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

I used to have stuff like that happen all the time with my 91 GMC Syclone. People knew what it was, but they just KNEW their stuff had to be faster.

The Syclone isn't much for handling or top end, but at a stop light in the early 90s, there wasn't much better. I even had one guy in a GNX try to race (Syclone=AWD) me three times in the rain, when I was just telling him how nice his GNX looked.

Enjoy the Z06 I'm sure those here that have and will have 350Zs will enjoy their cars for what they are, but have enough sense to realize what the car is capable of and not at its very reasonable price.
Old 09-11-2002, 06:42 AM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now THATs an example of a NON-enthusiast.

It's good you didn't punch it the first time... and it's cool you did it the second time - even if the other guy had 350Z i thought it was funny because he just made a fool of himself.

Where's the gas cap when he needs one?
Old 09-11-2002, 06:49 AM
roberto350z

damn it nizl...no matter what, you always beat me at posts.

sigh...shouldnt have been wasting my precious time at Zcar the first half of this year.

Old 09-11-2002, 06:51 AM
roberto350z

Hey..I justed looked at top ten posts....youre almost there! (dork)
Old 09-11-2002, 06:52 AM
matt@importlife.tv

Default Um we should call nissan na and have that 350Z revoked

from the owner!

I have a thing for american muscle cars. I love the new SVT Cobra and the Z06 is also bad ***. The Z06 is to supercars what the 350Z is to mid market sports cars, i.e e46M3 and Non turbo porsches.

I would never race a z06 on the road. call me after my forced induction kit arrives from nismo. keke and we'll head to the track.
Old 09-11-2002, 06:58 AM
silverstone_350z

i am happy to see that you guys responded the way u did. I thought it was going to be a different outcome.
Weather you are driving a 350Z or a Z06, lets enjoy our cars and be safe, and try to race everybody on the roads (man, i sound like a grandman..lol)

Quick Reply: 350z VS. MY Z06..LOL