Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Crawford bolt-ons

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 05:30 PM
titankiller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Crawford bolt-ons

I am the proud onwer of a '04 Z and '03 G35 Sedan. Since the summer I have been an loyal customer of Crawford Z products. My G35 was the first to wear the big bad crawford plenum. I supplemented the G with a stillen CAI, Z intake tube, and Z midpipe. With only these mods,I instilled fear in many N/A Z owners and stock G35 coupes did not have a chance.
I purchased a '04 in October and immediately contacted Doug to cure my hp woes. Crawford plenum, headers, and cats to the rescue. Almost forty hp to the wheel with only a K&N drop in and borla exhuast. Any one that disputes the value and the performance gaines of the Crawford products was most likely born a crack baby and has 10% brain development. Get with the program people, Crawford is the Shizzzznnittt !!!!!!!!!!!!!.

'03 G35 Sedan
Crawford Plenum, Stillen CAI, Z intake tube, Z midpipe
'04 Touring
Crawford Plenum, Crawford Headers, Crawford Cats, Borla
K&N
Old 01-06-2004, 05:36 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Crawford bolt-ons

Nice post until..........
Originally posted by titankiller
Any one that disputes the value and the performance gaines of the Crawford products was most likely born a crack baby and has 10% brain development. Get with the program people, Crawford is the Shizzzznnittt !!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:54 PM
titankiller

I apologize for the harsh quote to describe my satisfaction of the Crawford parts. If anyone has purchased these parts parts for their Z or G, they now the excitement that it gives you after driving it. My quotes were not directed to anyone or group. Hope I do not offend to many!!
Old 01-06-2004, 06:07 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for that, now don't get me wrong, I have the Crawford plenum too.

Old 01-06-2004, 06:13 PM
titankiller

Engine cover mod is very nice. never thought of it!
Old 01-07-2004, 11:31 AM
cedusett

Yeah neither did I... I was going to get the engine cover painted, but was hesitating because you can't have it and the plenum at the same time. Did you just cut the cover a bit? Was it painted AFTER the cut or before?
Old 01-07-2004, 12:12 PM
Reese

how much $$ does all that run...ballpark.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:22 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Crawford bolt-ons

Originally posted by titankiller
Almost forty hp to the wheel.
Would you mind posting the dynos please?
Old 01-07-2004, 12:30 PM
cedusett

I'm not sure about an exact price, but it costs around 500 for the plenum, and ZPRESENCE on 350zfrenzy.com will paint your cover, as well as battery and brake fluid covers for around 280.
Old 01-07-2004, 06:08 PM
zzzya

I hear ya titankiller, the Crawford package has transformed my Z into a car that I love to drive. The throttle response, HP, and TQ is simply astounding. The other mods I have help as well but the Crawford products made the greatest improvements and I could tell immediately. I only wish I had a way to Dyno the car to show others the improvements on paper, but at least I know what driving my car feels like now vs stock. Simply no comparison.
Old 01-07-2004, 06:49 PM
VandyZ

Default Re: Re: Crawford bolt-ons

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
Nice post until..........
You better watch it. You see his screen name? I cant see how he folds himself in the Z. He is onE big guy.

Mark, glad to hear you like the headers and good to see you post up about it.

HFM, I dont think he dynoed (I could be wrong). . .I think he just was using other's numbers. He probably did not feel the need since he has seen all our dyno graphs and driven all our cars and has followed Doug's progress on all his mods. He knows the power is there and has Dougs parts on both his cars!

Last edited by VandyZ; 01-07-2004 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:07 PM
dougrace zs

Default Re: Re: Crawford bolt-ons

Originally posted by hfm
Would you mind posting the dynos please?
Your honor, may we present Evidence A...

Mind you we've shown this HOW many times. When will you start paying attention?

Oh wait, you're right... only 37.80 HP at redline.

Did I remember to mention this hasn't even been tuned to fully optimize everything we've done? This is with a STOCK ECU!!!

By the way, mind we see your baseline? I'm curious to see what kind of gains you have made with your mods.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:51 PM
daytona350z

Default Re: Re: Re: Crawford bolt-ons

Originally posted by dougrace zs
Your honor, may we present Evidence A...

Mind you we've shown this HOW many times. When will you start paying attention?

Oh wait, you're right... only 37.80 HP at redline.

Did I remember to mention this hasn't even been tuned to fully optimize everything we've done? This is with a STOCK ECU!!!
humm...dyno run 001 vs. dyno run 027....i hope runs 2-26 were consistant with run 27.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:04 PM
PhoenixINX

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Crawford bolt-ons

Originally posted by daytona350z
humm...dyno run 001 vs. dyno run 027....i hope runs 2-26 were consistant with run 27.
Yeah I bet run 27 was just MAGICALLY HIGHER than the rest.

Dude, get over it... and quit looking for excuses.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:13 PM
hfm

The dyno, was that Titankillers? I suppose not unless he independently did a helluva lot of dynos.

What is it that is so hard for you Crawford people? I'm asking Titankiller if he had an indepedent dyno.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:16 PM
VandyZ

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Crawford bolt-ons

Find a better excuse than that. Do you realize how many dyno runs it takes to R&D parts? That is just the ATL dyno. He has over 25 here in Nashville too. As a matter of fact between the 3 of us, we have over 100 dyno pulls.

Its called R&D, I dont know how some people can be so ignorant. No that’s not an insult its just an observation. Just think about how much 100 pulls would cost you. Not looking for sympathy, just credit where credit is due.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:21 PM
VandyZ

Originally posted by hfm
The dyno, was that Titankillers? I suppose not unless he independently did a helluva lot of dynos.

What is it that is so hard for you Crawford people? I'm asking Titankiller if he had an indepedent dyno.
No it was dougs. I think Titankiller was sold when his Crawford modded G35 sedan out ran a stock 350Z. I was there when it happened. Now he has Crawford parts on his 350 and his wifes G35 sedan.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:24 PM
hfm

Originally posted by VandyZ
No it was dougs.
That's all I wanted to know.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:43 PM
daytona350z

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Crawford bolt-ons

Originally posted by VandyZ
Find a better excuse than that. Do you realize how many dyno runs it takes to R&D parts? That is just the ATL dyno. He has over 25 here in Nashville too. As a matter of fact between the 3 of us, we have over 100 dyno pulls.

Its called R&D, I dont know how some people can be so ignorant. No that’s not an insult its just an observation. Just think about how much 100 pulls would cost you. Not looking for sympathy, just credit where credit is due.

well excuse me for being a lil interested. and geez, whats with all the defesive attitude? it seems when someone makes an "obsevation" they get flamed for everything they say. all i wanted to know was why you guys chose #27, did it show the highest results? gawd, its not like i am sayn "**** crawford! i dont believe their results, they are ********..."

Dude, get over it... and quit looking for excuses.
not looking for excuses, just answers. and answers from an independent dyno, not anyone affiliated with crawford, im not saying that i dont believe them, just saying 3rd party dynos reflect how much the product proves itself. kinda like what we do with all manufactures. For ex. injen claiming 17rwhp before with their exhaust, when we only see a god 7-12, or even borla at something of 20hp, and only giving about 10. dont think i am just ragging on you guys specifically.

im glad you guys at crawford are making good parts, i realy am, i am just voicing my own opinion. why does that bug you so much?

i think we have pretty much argued all bout this on other threads,no need for that here.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:58 AM
VandyZ

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Crawford bolt-ons

i think we have pretty much argued all bout this on other threads,no need for that here.
So don’t instigate us by posting comments like your first.

We don’t like (well myself anyway) to have to play defense the whole game, but that’s what is happening. Every time we post something someone else has to try and be smart about it.

To you its not a business, to Doug it is. If someone comes along and reads this thread in the future, we don’t want the last thing to be said to leave our success questionable. I am watching out for Doug at Crawford’s because he has provided me with quality parts and personal and professional respect. I know he would do the same for me. The fact that I am probably the second most knowledgeable person on Crawford parts also makes it easy for me to be Doug’s voice when he is not here to post.

Quick Reply: Crawford bolt-ons