2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Any suggestions on my Z?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 08:44 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 414 Likes on 237 Posts

the taillights w the Z are KNOWN to cause ECU issues and they will also melt over time.. ive had them when i had my head up my butt lol..

OEM or none OP.. a good tip for you.

Gentleman this car is saveable. We have an OP who isnt being a d#ck about it either, and thats pretty cool. Get the car to traige stat! lol.

OP, leave the headlights alone, theyre fine.. not the best, but still better than crappy 05 halogens for sure.. Id reccomend disabling anything LED in the leadights tho.. if theres halos leave em, but the Audi led thing is dead unless its OEM.

Get rid of those taillights stat, they dont look great and are actually bad for your car.. plenty of threads on this.

Youll get tired of the doors when enough car wash guys and valet guys rip it off and the top of your door panel gets chewed everytime.. adn you have to open the door for EVERY passenger.. looks REAL weird opening and closing a door for your guy friends. looks like a terrible gay date...lol..

complete the kit on your car... this will be a huge difference.. even w replica parts.. you need some good side skirts, and a rear kit to match up with and tone down that wing..

Get rid of the green between the door and the 1/4 window, you can even use black vinyl.

Id personally black out the wheels... even if you had to go the plastidip route..

just some thoughts.. it appears your build quality is very good.. a few tweaks could really help tho man.. hopefully my suggestions point you in a better direction.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:51 AM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Diplomatic comment

Originally Posted by bmccann101
nearly every modification you chose to do are not popular items for the car, or the board of forum members. Its like a flashback to 2003 when they mave have been considered popular. .but the market has matured and the available parts have grown, as have the definitive looks campains attainable for the car. This ones kind of all over the place. And thats fine of course.. but as you read around here, you will certainly see a huge distinction between what you built and what is generlaly deemed as generally acceptable to the rest of the enthusiasts.

Wheel choice, lamborghini doors. etc.

A valiant effort, and its your car so if you like it, thats all that matters, but in terms of imminenet flaming, you did post it here, and you did start by asking the forum community for opinions, youre going to be told to sell it and start over, and most will do it in a fairly rude way.. but its our house, so we're kind of allowed to lol. Dont get mad.. its tuff love.

Im not banging ya, just being honest.
Great comment.Sort of says it all.

Well done!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:00 AM
JCITY
Banned

Cool thought so on the tint

Originally Posted by Xtream13
The tint is not legal but I only drive the car on weekend and its a small town and I know alot of the cops around here.
So,you plan never to venture out of your town?I'll take a educated guess
that your the only green Z in your town...
Just don't get over into Georgia.The cops will get you in a heartbeat.
In some areas they'll even confiscate your car.The law is really down on
the tint.Basically they are after the brothers...Tint darker than legal
means a stop and check for "controlled substances".The cops may even tear into your door panels etc.ANY tint on the windshield(except a strip on top)
is illegal.

Last edited by JCITY; 07-09-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Xtream13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I have 3 cars as you can see in the video so yea the Z doesn't get driven very much, I have a 2012 BMW 328i, Dodge Durango, and the Z just don't drive it much. I do live next to Georgia though so its possible for me to take it. The doors can open both ways normal or up only problem they only open 60% of the factory!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:09 AM
F34RL355
Banned

i like the color but not feeling the rims
Old 07-09-2012, 10:27 AM
end of z world

Originally Posted by F34RL355
i like the color but not feeling the rims
I wasn't a fan of the car at first but after some well played comments I think I'm not as down on it. I think darker colors on the rims will give it good contrast, it'll match your blacked out signals. AND WHAT'S WRONG WITH 06 TAIL LIGHTS? sorry I'm in love with mine. Also if I were to do a door mod, I'd do suicide. Although probably equally as impractical. Finish the body tho, but hey at least your front bumper seems to fit well, I've seen much worse gaps between bumper and hood.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Lil Dre

I actually love the color. But all the tvs, i never gothe trend for them. But i like the car overall, its deff one of a kind
Old 07-09-2012, 11:25 AM
cgkp0925

Originally Posted by end of z world
I wasn't a fan of the car at first but after some well played comments I think I'm not as down on it. I think darker colors on the rims will give it good contrast, it'll match your blacked out signals. AND WHAT'S WRONG WITH 06 TAIL LIGHTS? sorry I'm in love with mine. Also if I were to do a door mod, I'd do suicide. Although probably equally as impractical. Finish the body tho, but hey at least your front bumper seems to fit well, I've seen much worse gaps between bumper and hood.
If you're referring to 06+ OEM tail lights, those end of z world are not.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:04 PM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

color is fine. the only things i would change are the wheels, headlamps, taillights, and lambo doors.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:07 PM
TPete19

Old 07-09-2012, 01:56 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

No one ever spent money because someone else made a suggestion. Neither will you.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:04 PM
end of z world

Originally Posted by cgkp0925
If you're referring to 06+ OEM tail lights, those end of z world are not.
Sorry clarification I was asking op what's wrong with 06+, those are the best looking tail lights
Old 07-09-2012, 02:29 PM
tazicon

You don't even know the name of your coil overs? WTF?
Old 07-09-2012, 02:54 PM
ksuberk54

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the interior but the color choice? Not so much. Same goes for the wing.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:44 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's good to see you're enjoying personalizing your Z. From another guy in SC that doesn't really stick with "what's normal" for my modifications either, I have an idea of the things that you'll probably choose to change over time and after seeing more of other Z enthusiasts rides.

I think that I would like it more if your wheels were blacked out and you had OEM 06+ custom painted headlights and OEM taillights gently tinted. I just think the shiny chrome look of the headlights and wheels takes away from the the custom paint choice that you went with. Those tails look okay, but are known for causing electrical issues (as mentioned earlier).

BTW, there are some active Z clubs in SC - so I'd love to catch you at a meet sometime. What part of the state are you in?

Palmetto Z Club has a meet scheduled in Columbia later this month. They have a group page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/195806830462563/

Last edited by SparkleCityHop; 07-09-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:19 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Remove some tint, change tail lights , swap wheels , remove the lamborghini door crap, and a few other thing, it could be a nice looking car. There could be more , I just couldn't finish watching the vid , it was like watching a demo derby with a Z.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:00 PM
resident25

Definitely not my style. If your happy with it though, that's all that matters.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Arvin89

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Remove some tint, change tail lights , swap wheels , remove the lamborghini door crap, and a few other thing, it could be a nice looking car. There could be more , I just couldn't finish watching the vid , it was like watching a demo derby with a Z.
I agree. Get rid of the novelty stuff. I honestly like the color, and think you could make it work.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:04 PM
bluelineshooter

As long as you like it, that's what counts! I like the color but I don't like that the b pillar is painted as well. That alone, nearly takes that bright green over the top. I think the b pillars look better in black. I know there are other Zs that have painted the pillars to match the body paint and IMO it just breaks up the lines of the car.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:18 PM
dtowngreg

kill it with fire

Quick Reply: Any suggestions on my Z?