2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost My Z

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 03:06 PM
stevehl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't repeat the same mistake by getting married again haha Everyone around me, including my dad/aunt/uncles have all gotten divorced. Needless to say I hate the thought of marrying as well.

Z looks nice, any other plans?
Old 08-21-2012, 03:14 PM
pbgrep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome wheels man
Just bought a set from a member and theyre in the mail, glad to see they look that good on a red Z
Old 08-21-2012, 06:13 PM
Wicked_Z

Originally Posted by stevehl

Z looks nice, any other plans?
Yeah, I'm thinking about some mild tint on the windows and maybe a spoiler on the back.. Since i wont be getting too radical with it I might install some 10mm spacers to bring the wheels out a little so they are more inline with the fender.. And then maybe a 1" drop in the future..
Old 08-21-2012, 11:04 PM
raysoy

that paint looks amazing!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:29 PM
MaelstrØm

Originally Posted by poopman123
For us single guys. In case of a divorce, what can we do to make sure we have our cars Etc. Prenup??
It depends on your state. There are community property states (8 of them) and then there are non-community states. In a community property state, generally any property owned prior to the marriage that is not comingled or blended with community funds will remain yours. Document the title and don't improve it with cash you and your wife both earned. That will help to keep it yours - however anything you earn or acquire after marriage is jointly owned and will be split.

In a non-community state, the court will use equity (ie. whatever it feels you deserve) to decide who keeps what.

In both cases, you are best to have a prenup agreement when you get married, which essentially guarantees there won't be an issue. However, prenups are often a stumbling block for getting married in the first place (women hate them because they will often be the lower earner, and they will stay at home more often).

Using title alone will not protect you from losing the car. You would have to do something like putting your name on the Z title, and hers on another equally valuable vehicle, then you can argue that it is easiest to simply divide the property by title since they have equal value.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:30 PM
MaelstrØm

Originally Posted by Wicked_Z
Im in a 50/50 state and was able to keep everything I brought into the marriage but I did have to show unquestionable proof such as my IRA and all investments.. I only had to split what was aquired during the marriage...

Advise, if at all possible, always keep what you bring into a marriage seperate and leave it seperate. If its an account or investment, dont touch it, start a new one or transfer only what your willing to lose 1/2 of..
Yes, you should document all your property prior to marriage and if you can prove earlier title in a community property state like yours, then you will keep it on divorce.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:42 PM
MaelstrØm

Originally Posted by PerfZ
They are not considered a gift, they are considered a part of the impending marriage and if no marriage, no rings. Regardless - prenup is the safest thing to do.
They are referred to as a conditional gift, or a revocable gift. So he is correct in using the term gift. However, you are also correct in that in most states, the ring is consideration for the marital contract, and if the contract is broken, then the ring is returned. This is just a fiction of course, it is formally treated as a revocable gift (one of the very few types).

Prenup however has nothing to do with the ring. Prenup defines the disposition of property owned individual prior to marriage, and then the property acquired after marriage has occurred (the revocable gift situation occurs only prior to marriage, then the ring is either community property or the wife's property). For example, if you get engaged, then split a day before the legal papers are signed, then the ring is not subject to the prenup because the marriage never happened. I agree though, that once the marriage is official, the prenup would apply and could decide the ownership of the ring.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:13 AM
Jennifer 2

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Wicked, sorry about the recent unpleasantness you had to endure. I can speak from experience that even an amicable divorce can be pretty shattering. However, your attitude is excellent and your reward seems to be an upgrade of your life. Well done.

You stated, that you and your ex-spouse were required to split 50/50 all the assets acquired during the marriage. With a clean, tastefully modded Z, she certainly got some cool stuff. I’m curious as to what treasures you got for your half? Toaster, blender, possibly a Panini sandwich maker? (Since it’s really none of my business, feel free to tell me to shut-it, you wouldn’t be the first.)

By-the-way gentlemen, just so there’s no future ambiguity, I will be keeping the ring when we split!
Old 08-22-2012, 03:15 AM
Wicked_Z

Originally Posted by Jennifer 2
Wicked, sorry about the recent unpleasantness you had to endure. I can speak from experience that even an amicable divorce can be pretty shattering. However, your attitude is excellent and your reward seems to be an upgrade of your life. Well done.

You stated, that you and your ex-spouse were required to split 50/50 all the assets acquired during the marriage. With a clean, tastefully modded Z, she certainly got some cool stuff. I’m curious as to what treasures you got for your half? Toaster, blender, possibly a Panini sandwich maker? (Since it’s really none of my business, feel free to tell me to shut-it, you wouldn’t be the first.)

By-the-way gentlemen, just so there’s no future ambiguity, I will be keeping the ring when we split!
Well, we had 4 vehicles, she got the 2 cars and I got the 2 trucks.. I have since sold both trucks and bought a 2012 300c and now the 350z.. She also bought my 1/2 of the house (it was paid for).. The worse part is that I started a business after marriage and she will always get 1/2 the income unless we sell it, which she then gets 1/2 the sale.. I did not have to pay alimony due to her income (the income I pay her from my business )
I was not able to recover the ring because it was considered a gift, even though it wasnt a holiday.. Once your married its no longer considered a gift.. My wife was an obsseive control freak so I am very happy to finally be free and not owned..
Old 08-22-2012, 04:00 AM
Bret86944

Originally Posted by PerfZ
Wrong, in almost every state. My daughters fiancee broke off their engagement several months ago and she had to give the rings back; did some research and if the marriage doesn't happen, and the guy bought the rings, the girl has to give them back. They are not considered a gift, they are considered a part of the impending marriage and if no marriage, no rings. Regardless - prenup is the safest thing to do. Actually staying single is the best thing to do - this coming from a guy who has been happily married for 28 years, lol. So I kid........
No, not wrong. You just didn't read the part about proposing on a holiday.

Originally Posted by 350zchad
Not sure about your state... but Indiana it's only 50/50 after 6 months... I'm sure 1 day isn't the case
Yeah, I'm sure you are right. I was just trying to make a point.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:08 AM
dfresh713
Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

No plans to marry...
Old 08-22-2012, 04:52 AM
zach711f

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Till death do us part is the best solution...
Old 08-22-2012, 05:58 AM
Z33Garage

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

AM I THE ONLY ONE NOT GETTING DIVORCED?!

LOL but yea man, really get to know the person. I come from studying relationship psychology and you wouldn't believe some of the signs people miss when they are together. BTW the Red Z spanks the white one, the only white cars I like are the ones that have been slammed and turned into storm troopers.

Btw you just got married to the Z she will never disappoint! (and if she does, there are always aftermarket parts for her )
Old 08-22-2012, 07:07 AM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice.

Jenn needs a black eye and some cooking lessons.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:36 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well if you got away from a control freak, and have a red Z, you're doing just fine. Redline looks gorgeous.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:29 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Nice upgrade
Old 08-23-2012, 06:34 AM
Amirs350z

Ouch, well at least you have a better looking Z.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:15 PM
TheWoo

I have the same wheels also.

Nismo LM-GT4s made by Rays Engineering. They are more or less 5-spoke Volk TE37s.

Your set looks like the same size as mine, tentatively judging from the pictures.

My fronts are 18x8.5 with a +25 offset, on 245/40 tires
Rears are 18x9.5 with a +30 offset, on 275/40 tires

They are extremely nice wheels to have, particularly if you track your car (very lightweight). I'm trying to find another pair of the 18x9.5 so I can run a square setup.

Regarding the rear tire, I would second the advice to stick with the 275/40s and lower the car if you are just looking to kill gap. You can go 285/40 but you *MAY* need to upsize the fronts to 255/40 so that the F/R ratio doesn't become skewed past the point where the VDC system throws a fit.

You may want to read up on https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-...read-here.html.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:09 PM
falsey91

red>white

looks great!
Old 08-25-2012, 05:09 AM
Wicked_Z

Originally Posted by TheWoo
I have the same wheels also.

Nismo LM-GT4s made by Rays Engineering. They are more or less 5-spoke Volk TE37s.

Your set looks like the same size as mine, tentatively judging from the pictures.

My fronts are 18x8.5 with a +25 offset, on 245/40 tires
Rears are 18x9.5 with a +30 offset, on 275/40 tires

They are extremely nice wheels to have, particularly if you track your car (very lightweight). I'm trying to find another pair of the 18x9.5 so I can run a square setup.

Regarding the rear tire, I would second the advice to stick with the 275/40s and lower the car if you are just looking to kill gap. You can go 285/40 but you *MAY* need to upsize the fronts to 255/40 so that the F/R ratio doesn't become skewed past the point where the VDC system throws a fit.

You may want to read up on https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-...read-here.html.
Thank you very much for the info!! I really like these wheels and based on the price they would normally cost if i would of purchased and installed them myself, I think I scored a pretty good deal on the price of the car.. Its a one owner car with 35k and dealer documents oil changes every 3k miles and a perfectly clean carfax.. Its pretty obvious it was garage kept and kept very clean.. The only thing I could find on the whole car r some scratches on the radio and shifter bezels but thats been the case on almost every z i looked at..

Quick Reply: Lost My Z