Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Z vs WRX What do you think ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 01:24 PM
02spas2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would get a 350 z. it looks fantastic in and out, has low and high end power, all wheel drive is only good off the line. i use to own a impreza 2.5 rs and it was only good off the line but that was it. i know the wrx is turboed, but you lose a lot of power becuse of the all wheel drive and the weight of it. they might be close from a dead stop, but for a pull, youwill get htm good. the 350 z is an awsome car and would with out a dout, you should get one. no questions asked.

MAtt
Old 09-17-2002, 01:59 PM
Old Skooler

ROTFL! "Envious stares"?!?!?! In that godawful Subaru??? Are you sure they're not just wondering how much uglier a car could be? I think someone might be confused.

Now call me shallow....but the Z is a work of art while the Subaru is....okay, I'm not going to insult TOO much, I don't want to offend anyone, but for the love of god just get a Z, please?
Old 09-17-2002, 02:49 PM
john0213

are u sure those people who enviously staring the car is actually staring at the driver? hey, maybe the driver is a model or maybe the person who staring the car is thinking "hey, that man got some courage for buying the car!~"

i don't know y but i always feel the need of the STI headlamps for the suburu, the original headlamps are so cheap! the STI headlamps make me feel much better.
Old 09-17-2002, 04:18 PM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Matt Lush
ROTFL! "Envious stares"?!?!?! In that godawful Subaru??? Are you sure they're not just wondering how much uglier a car could be? I think someone might be confused.

Now call me shallow....but the Z is a work of art while the Subaru is....okay, I'm not going to insult TOO much, I don't want to offend anyone, but for the love of god just get a Z, please?
That wasn't necessary. Please at least make an attempt to hide your newbieness.
Old 09-17-2002, 04:26 PM
Old Skooler

Calling an ugly car ugly makes me a newbie? What the f**k ever, man, I'm 29 years old. I think I'm beyond the "newbie" crap. I'm sure Zterritory knows I'm not insulting him/her, and if they think that I was, then they have my deepest apologies and my assurances that I was NOT. I just hold a VERY strong opinion considering the WRX's looks, and honestly cannot see too many people giving it "envious" looks, and I'm quite sure I'm not alone.

Last edited by Old Skooler; 09-17-2002 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-17-2002, 04:41 PM
TJZ

Originally posted by Matt Lush
Your comment just seemed a little harsh to the guy. Maybe you should throw in a smilie.
Old 09-17-2002, 04:45 PM
Bishop_Tx

Default Acquired tastes

From my perspective I see the WRX and Rally car look to be somewhat of an acquired tatse. Certain people love it and are addicted to it, while the mainstream public generally gets turned off by it.

I'm one of the masses and find the whole Subaru line to be uglier than sin. The WRX ranks right up there with the Pontiac Aztec and Chevrolet Avalanche as fugly vehicles.

Chris
CS Track
Old 09-17-2002, 05:12 PM
CaneZMD

They're really different cars. A good friend of mine is in love with subaru's. (He has an outback that he named "Sheila") The WRX is a good car. It has alot of bang for the buck, but the interior is lacking and most people, unless your a rally car fan, think it is ugly as sin. (read: I don't know any chicks that like it)
Plus, low torque as other's have said.

And I don't think you would get many envious stares either. Maybe a few of these , but definitely not these
Sorry, I thought that was funny.

Oh yeah, please don't jump on me TJZ, I was just kidding. Maybe your just still a little upset about the recent demolition of your local college football team by the current National Champion Miami Hurricanes! J/K
Old 09-17-2002, 05:50 PM
ToddLuc

Originally posted by TJZ

Your comment just seemed a little harsh to the guy. Maybe you should throw in a smilie.
Maybe bend over and show some butt-cheak action as well... He said "ROTFL." That implied he was laughing about the comment, not serious.

I am curious... why is his comment bad, and everyone else's comments okay? Everyone else called the WRX ugly, and even compared it to a Yugo. (All of which were pretty darned hilarious)

Just curious,
Todd

Ps. The other vehicle that is almost as ugly as the Aztec is the Avalanche pickup. Yowsers! After you look at it, it's like, "my eyes! my eyes!"

Last edited by ToddLuc; 09-17-2002 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-17-2002, 06:30 PM
TJZ

Originally posted by ToddLuc

Maybe bend over and show some butt-cheak action as well... He said "ROTFL." That implied he was laughing about the comment, not serious.

I am curious... why is his comment bad, and everyone else's comments okay? Everyone else called the WRX ugly, and even compared it to a Yugo. (All of which were pretty darned hilarious)

Just curious,
Todd

Ps. The other vehicle that is almost as ugly as the Aztec is the Avalanche pickup. Yowsers! After you look at it, it's like, "my eyes! my eyes!"
Sorry, I percieved his post to be a little harsher than it actually was. I apologize. I just felt sorry for the scoobie owner, that's all.
Old 09-17-2002, 07:33 PM
ToddLuc

Originally posted by TJZ
Sorry, I percieved his post to be a little harsher than it actually was. I apologize. I just felt sorry for the scoobie owner, that's all.
Oh, no need to apologize... I was just curious.
Old 09-17-2002, 09:47 PM
Old Skooler

ToddLuc, you're completely right about that Avalanche, completely hideous. I'll never understand the obsession with SUV's and huge trucks...methinks a lotta people are compensating for something.

Alright, we've established the ugliest vehicles out there, the Aztec obviously being the worst, how about the best?

Price no object? The Ferrari Modena Spyder, Italian Red would be my dream car. The F60 and McLaren F1 are just too Formula-racer looking for me.

Price an issue? I'm gettin' it in November!
Old 09-18-2002, 02:25 AM
mikeinatlanta

I own a WRX and agree that it is one butt ugly car. My wife gets quite angry when I share this opinion with her, she says it's "cute". I have no idea why, but this car does in fact get a lot of "envious" stares and thumbs ups. My favorite thing about the WRX is I can embarass a mustang on my way to the grocery store, park up close, and not care when I get a shopping cart ding because it doesn't make it look any worse.

Oh yea, It makes me popular with the high school kids. Yes, I am being a smartas, but all I have said is factual.
Mike
Mike@dynashield.com
Old 09-18-2002, 03:00 AM
ATL350Z

Originally posted by mikeinatlanta
I own a WRX and agree that it is one butt ugly car. My wife gets quite angry when I share this opinion with her, she says it's "cute". I have no idea why, but this car does in fact get a lot of "envious" stares and thumbs ups. My favorite thing about the WRX is I can embarass a mustang on my way to the grocery store, park up close, and not care when I get a shopping cart ding because it doesn't make it look any worse.

Oh yea, It makes me popular with the high school kids. Yes, I am being a smartas, but all I have said is factual.
Mike
Mike@dynashield.com
Okay, just for completeness I have to ask, why did you buy the car if you thought it was ugly? Your wife?
Old 09-18-2002, 03:46 AM
mikeinatlanta

Wife says It's cute and "zippy". 9 year old daughter says "when your'e not in the car, mommy drives like you do".
The Z is an awesome car, however, the WRX is the ultimate cheap grocery getter.
Old 09-18-2002, 04:53 AM
Old Skooler

Originally posted by mikeinatlanta
9 year old daughter says "when your'e not in the car, mommy drives like you do".
LOL, that's great!
Old 09-20-2002, 06:29 AM
Zterritory

I agree that in terms of sheer beauty, the 360 Modena is the only other car I place in the same class as the Z.

My WRX does indeed get envious looks from those who recognize and appreciate the performance of the car. The Z gets envious looks for both the design and the performance. I don't think the WRX is ugly, however. I think it looks tough and mean, with the fender blisters, like a muscle car, instead of sleek like a sports car. The Aztek, on the other hand, is absolutely the ugliest vehicle ever made.
Old 10-11-2002, 09:12 AM
jigga

I own a WRX myself, and while it is not pretty in a 350Z kinda way, I think it is pretty in a Skyline GTR kind of way. It is very butch and blocky,purposeful, and not flashy, but as was said by someone above, only those who know what it is capable of give it it's dues. It does not look like much, but it has the capability to embarass many cars costing much more. That is what I like about it. I like the fact that it does not look anywhere as sleek or sporty as your 350Z's, but in my car's current state, can play exchange blows with your cars even on the highway. (Stock it WILL NOT do so!).In my car's current tune, S2000's which are considered to be deadly on the highways are not so anymore. As I eluded to before, this type of performance is not something the typical driver would be aware of, because apart from the OEM bodykit, rims and my muffler, my car looks totally stock and unassuming. The interior of the car is not as nicely appointed as that of your cars, but I kinda took care of that with some custom leather seats and carbon fibre interior. The build quality of the car is as good as your cars(nothing rattles or anything. The car feels solid), but the materials used are definitely not. It is obvious that most of the money went into the drivetrain of this car. Whether or not this sits well with you depends on what you want out of a car. My previous car was a 97 Dodge Avenger V6. It was an auto, and was slow as anything. I knew that my next car would have to be A LOT faster than it was, and I was happy with what I got with the WRX.

As for the person that said that girls do not dig the car, I would tend to disagree, I have had many compliments and stares from the lades, but then, I did not get this car to pick girls up with, I got this car because I am a true performance fan, and do not care where it is comming from, be it from a Subaru, or a Nissan. Please know that I am not saying that you guys are not true performance fans also. Your 350Z's are definitely no slouches afterall.

As for the person who places the looks of the 350Z in the same class as a Ferarri 360 Modena..... ummm...... I think the looks of any ferrari is visually in a class of it's own.. Those things look stonkingly good!

Can I ask you guys an off topic question though... especially the younger 350Z owners...Have you guys had problems with cops pulling you over for no reason??..perhaps because they thought you stole the car or anything?? I have that problem, and just wanted to see if you guys have also

Drive Safe guys!
Old 10-11-2002, 10:09 AM
Vlad

I was driving WRX once... It's not bad, but no comparison... especially handling. And I believe difference is less than $6K

Quick Reply: 350Z vs WRX What do you think ?