Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Just gave my 350Z back :..(

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 02:04 PM
MRsnipez801

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just gave my 350Z back :..(

This is a very sad day for me. I recently went a thought I purchased an 03 350Z base model with 92K miles. It was in great condition, had a few things done to it and I just fell in love with it. It was a huge upgrade from my 07 Civic LX with 90K miles.

So I thought I purchased the car on a Saturday night and went through all of the paper work and signed the final contract stating the payments, interest rate etc. Shook the managers hand, and went on my way.

Well long stroy short along with some other internal issues, the finance manager failed to mention to me that the contract is subject to change almost a week later. I went in a few days later to have a headlight fixed on it per them, and he pulled me aside and said the bank won't do the loan becuase the loan to value was to high.

We knew this from the get go and with my 770 credit score I figured it would be ok. I guess not and I was extremely upset he fished me into a deal that i thought was completed and it wasn't. Then he has the nerve to look at me and say he has done everything legally. I pretty much told him that now the contract is null and void and becuase he pulled that S**T on me that I am giving the car back and want my trade in returned to me.

Funny thing is, my civic had already been sent to the body shop for work and was getting ready for auction even though the bank never even accepted the deal HAHA. So I am picking up the car after this message is done and they ended up fixing a few things that I don't have to pay for.

All in all, the car was not a realistic purchase for my family. I have a 6 month old daughter and am married so it didn't make sense having it. We were planning on getting a 3rd car to suit our needs just so i could have the Z. Well unfortunatley the car has now been returned and I won't be getting one for quite some time.

I wanted to say that all of you guys seemed really cool and like you absolutely love your Z's. I was so excited to have it and start talking with everyone about mods etc. Guess it was a sign that i just shouldn't have it.

Thanks Everyone
Old 09-20-2012, 02:07 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

depressing stuff...least you got out on top of that exchange...
Old 09-20-2012, 02:13 PM
MemphisZVert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear, dude...unfortunately this happens a lot at car lots...in the fine print it says " pending financing" and if they can't get the person financed for what ever reason...they roll the car back in and try to put them in something else or nothing at all...it's called " throwing the deal against the wall and see if it sticks" ....I hate you had to go through it....maybe later on down the road you can get a newer Z...
Old 09-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Corpse11

how much was the loan for? When I really wanted to buy my car too, I was going to dealers and looking at cars all the time, but I never got ahead of myself. I got the bank to pre approve for a set amount of money and I knew my budget so something like that wouldn't happen.

Hope you can get it done in the future
Old 09-20-2012, 02:23 PM
MRsnipez801

I was definitely lucky I came out on top of the deal....but the thing that upset me the most was that he knew the deal might not go through and led me on to believe that it was done and accepted. I guess you live and learn....and this car really changed my feelings on Hondas haha. The power difference for the price was insane and I was able to open her up to haha. I think i had already wasted half the rear tires and got her up to 135 in 5th.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:26 PM
MRsnipez801

Originally Posted by Corpse11
how much was the loan for? When I really wanted to buy my car too, I was going to dealers and looking at cars all the time, but I never got ahead of myself. I got the bank to pre approve for a set amount of money and I knew my budget so something like that wouldn't happen.

Hope you can get it done in the future
They wanted 11,500 for the car but I was upside down 2,500 on my Honda and didn't want to leave the lot without a warranty. So with everything the loan to value ended up being 140% but with my 770 credit score i was told that would be ok. total loan eneded up being about 16,500. It wasn't the numbers that were the problem and some other banks would finace it the way we had it, i was just so upset with what he did i just said nevermind.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:39 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You were going to end up paying $16,500 for a 03 Z with 92,500 miles on it? LOL. Consider yourself lucky that the deal fell through.

Also, you drove 135 on public roads? I'm now convinced you are better off because the deal fell through. Better luck in the future.

Last edited by AroundMyHorn; 09-20-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:41 PM
ColombianoG35

sorry to hear about your experience, but if other banks would finance you, why didnt they just send your deal to the other banks? im asking because im a manager at a nissan dealership, and eventhough cases like yours are common, we do everything we can to get the deal bought at another bank, and with your credit score it seems like it couldve been saved.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Corpse11

yea, 16.5k is way too much
Old 09-20-2012, 02:51 PM
MRsnipez801

Originally Posted by ColombianoG35
sorry to hear about your experience, but if other banks would finance you, why didnt they just send your deal to the other banks? im asking because im a manager at a nissan dealership, and eventhough cases like yours are common, we do everything we can to get the deal bought at another bank, and with your credit score it seems like it couldve been saved.
There were other banks that would have accepted the deal, but like I was saying becuase of the shysty stuff he pulled and some other internal issues, I was fed up with him and the people so decided to give it back. In all honesty i shouldn't have purchased the car but feel in love with it so i was ok the deal was upside down. They also shouldn't have let me leave with the car if the deal wasn't done and should have never prepped my car for auction if the deal wasn't done. All in all i see myself getting a newer one in the future but not like this.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:01 PM
ColombianoG35

well, they sold the car pending final approval on the bank which is not uncommon or against the law, but they definetly shouldnt have taken your trade to the auction or done anything with it until your deal was funded.
well, either way it sounds like it wasnt meant to be and you should be able to find one later on
Old 09-20-2012, 03:06 PM
Corpse11

I'd be beyond happy right now the deal fell through. I know you wanted a warranty, but that deal was too much for the car you were getting. I've seen better deals on an 06' with the same mileage for like $6K less. (10k out the door)
Old 09-20-2012, 05:00 PM
GLRacing

dealers rip you off so bad. its as if they don't know the actual value of the car and they just throw random numbers out of their ***.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:26 PM
zeroaccessinc

LOL I was at the dealership when this guys buys a GTR same issue couldn't get him done in the financing dept. He had the car over the weekend, and had to return the car. Funny thing is it had a punctured intercooler, road rash wheels, and front corner panel scrape when he brought it back it had 2 miles on it when bought and 400 when back.. The guy that bought didn't know how to drive and had to give it back.. The deal got screwed for about 2500$ in damages.. It was great makes me want to but a RS6 or something they can't get me done on..
Old 09-20-2012, 06:43 PM
dkmesa350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

decision making not your strong suit?
Old 09-20-2012, 07:25 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow you dodged a bullet, they absolutely took you over a barrel on that purchase price

If you spend some time in our marketplace you will realize they were ripping you off
Old 09-20-2012, 08:45 PM
MemphisZVert

Originally Posted by MRsnipez801
There were other banks that would have accepted the deal, but like I was saying becuase of the shysty stuff he pulled and some other internal issues, I was fed up with him and the people so decided to give it back. In all honesty i shouldn't have purchased the car but feel in love with it so i was ok the deal was upside down. They also shouldn't have let me leave with the car if the deal wasn't done and should have never prepped my car for auction if the deal wasn't done. All in all i see myself getting a newer one in the future but not like this.
Just about every car sold leaves the lot before the deal is completely done...
Old 09-20-2012, 10:29 PM
ronn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MRsnipez801
They wanted 11,500 for the car but I was upside down 2,500 on my Honda and didn't want to leave the lot without a warranty. So with everything the loan to value ended up being 140% but with my 770 credit score i was told that would be ok. total loan eneded up being about 16,500. It wasn't the numbers that were the problem and some other banks would finace it the way we had it, i was just so upset with what he did i just said nevermind.

There's the *elephant in the room*. What were your scheduled monthly payments? I bet they were pretty steep. Sorry about your experience...but consider yourself very fortunate it fell through for a loan that you would have shelled out around 20K+ (after interest over..4 years?). The car is prolly worth 10K.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:03 PM
quiksilver38

wtf 16.5k i paid that much for my 2003 with less miles 6 years ago...
Old 09-20-2012, 11:57 PM
dykel3fiddyz

Man, that totally sucks. Stay away from dealerships! I bought my Z from the Nissan Dealership and after a few weeks I noticed so many problems with it.. They blew me off when I went to their garage telling them to fix it. Thinking I was some kind of retard and telling me "The car seems to be in perfect condition". When I knew it wasn't. So after the 10 thousand mile warranty went out i took it back just to see what they would say. They really wanted to fix it then. Gave me a piece of paper saying what was wrong and a Total price of 880. They said sorry buddy but the 10k warranty is up. And I only have Engine and Tranny coverage. Its all suspension and a few other things. So i have to buy Rear shocks, A front right wheel bearing, new Rotors and some brake hardware for a car I just bought only 3-4 months ago.

Dealerships are Dirty. But that's how the game works.

Last edited by dykel3fiddyz; 09-20-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Just gave my 350Z back :..(