Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Thinking About 05 Stang Getting Z

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 07:16 AM
Z33Concept

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking About 05 Stang Getting Z

I was reading the Jan. 04 Issue of Motor Trend and on the cover was the 05 Mustang. I really like this car the design is really sleek. A GT cost a hundred dollars cheaper than a base Z, (in my area) but I think the new stang will have a hell of a mark-up (there going to be hot as hell) I am really thinking about buying one, the interior is so fresh. Since its new there should be some flaws like recalls and major problem (GOD ITS A FORD) the 350z went though this process with the 03 problems. I really want to get a car this year but I don't want to keep going to the dealer every week. (have a feeling I will be doing this with the new stang) One thing I like about the Z its a real sports car (2 seater) not a coupe with four seats (mustang).I feel also the stang will get played out quickly because as soon as the 05 comes in all the old mustang(98-03) leases will come back and every-body will be tryin to get one. I don't like to have a car everybody else haves there isn't to many 350z in STL in fact everybody with a Z i know 99.9%(of the people<< ). Unless I can get a super ultra deal on the stang im going with the Z..

1st Reason: mods already out on market/body kits

2nd Reason: 2 seater

3rd Reason: Better made car overall

4th Reason: Can put mods on LOAN!!

5th Reason: Better Stock design: ( the new stang look nice with Gray exterior with White racing stripes that what got me (in MOTOR TREND) but the stock ones don't look to hot!!( the z looks GREAT ANYTIME And everytime even when its dirty. I love the cheap plastic in the Z Im attached to iT and the loud aluminum door handles

6th Reason: Keeps VaLUE

Even thou the Z has less hp than the stang (V8-300 hp) vs (V6-287) nissan engineers have a little more knowledge then the ford engineers. Why did FORD Take away 5.0L (FREAKIN AIR RULES) but they are bringing it back really soon!!

As soon as the stang hit the market Im going to test drive em to see whats up with em. I haven't had a chance to drive a Z yet when I turn 18 Im going to at Bommarito Nissan

UNLESS THE MUSTANG DOES MIRICLES TO ME IM STILL GOING WITH THE Z

1/4 13.90 @104.00
0-60 mph 5.2 Sec

PS- IM GETTING A HELL OF A DEAL ON MY Z ALREADY
05 Stang no 6 gear wtf I just saw this **** Im really not buying it now
* Im already lookin at this ford truck ( BEATER WORK TRUCK) there is no need to have 2 fords
* Already scratch the eVO 8 and STI to much of a Bold styling

IM GETTING A Z I made up my mind while typing this article
Old 01-14-2004, 07:57 AM
Kas-Z
Banned

thanks for the enthusiasm but i dont think you had to convince anyone here that the Z is better than a Crustang, even the new ones.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:07 AM
ryno

you're buying through Bommarito? what kind of deal r u getting? i've heard they are the best dealer in STL as well.......
Old 01-14-2004, 10:24 AM
Big Sexz

Default I was all about the new mustang concept

that is until ford raped it of all the style and lines. I saw a pic of the final product and was very disapointed. For the life of me I cant understand why auto makers create such a beautiful concept car and then produce a boring car loosely based on it. To be honest, if the car looked just like the concept, I would be in line for one.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:48 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default it is your life but......

Z33Concept:

You most likely will not listen to me but at your age, a lot of things can happen in a car and not many of them are good. I see so many teenagers get focused on a car rather than their education. If you are having to pay for it then it becomes a priority compared to studies (you only have so many hours in a day). No matter what car it is, it is just a piece of metal and your future is more important. You can always buy a car later.

If you insist on getting one, the Nissan is most likely more dependable.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:50 AM
EL Diablo

FORD

F ound
O n
R oad
D ead!
Old 01-14-2004, 11:11 AM
Unison8

Default Re: it is your life but......

Originally posted by zland
Z33Concept:

You most likely will not listen to me but at your age, a lot of things can happen in a car and not many of them are good. I see so many teenagers get focused on a car rather than their education. If you are having to pay for it then it becomes a priority compared to studies (you only have so many hours in a day). No matter what car it is, it is just a piece of metal and your future is more important. You can always buy a car later.

So true, so true. I'm taking that advice right now.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:16 AM
Dissolved

Z33Concept:

On the other hand Z33Concept, you're only young once. IMHO, now is the time to have a nice fast car and enjoy it while you are not tied down by a wife/family ....mortgage etc. Having a new, fast and hot looking car at your age is what it's all about. You won't enjoy it as much when you're older. Do it in your prime my man
Old 01-14-2004, 11:47 AM
robho

If you like the new styling of the Mustang (I prefer the concept) - then I suggest you wait out the SVT version. For the 06 MY there supposedly will be a Cobra version of the new Mustang, and my guess is that it's going to be targeted at the Vette.

Ford is re-thinking their SVT strategys, and wanting to move the division upmarket. We should see the results of this when SVT makes its comeback on the new Lightning and Cobra. But they won't be cheap.

And hopefully, now that Carrol is back on board, Ford will be putting out cars that will one day gain legendary status like the original Cobra and Shelby Mustangs.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:16 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"4th Reason: Can put mods on LOAN!! "

NOOOOO. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER(enough? no) EVER EVER EVER EVER take out loans for modifications. It is the WORST IDEA EVER!!!!!!!! modifications are worth absolutely nothing to the resale value. as a matter of fact; they DECREASE RESALE VALUE, as an indication of abuse. yes, a car is a depreciating investment; taking out a loan on a car is a bad idea; but owell, 99% of the population does not have 30k in cash sitting around, nor does it mean 99% of the population cant afford a 30k car.

but modifications have 0 value unlike a car which can maintain a certain value.

hope Ive been clear and you reconsider what is possibly the worst financial decision a person can make. if you cant afford it now; whats the point? save untill you can. youll get more for your money.

as for the thread at hand. I like the mustang concept too. its a nice looking car. production looks nothing like it; and is about 50% as sexy. BLAH. they got a whopping 300hp out of a V8, and a huge 200 from a V6. weighs more, lower redline, bad weight distrobution, and they have no qualms about producing 200,000 a year. the Z has 30k. meaning the Z will likely be out of production before it matches a single years worth of sales on the mustang.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:17 PM
marhot

Originally posted by EL Diablo
FORD

F ound
O n
R oad
D ead!

F ixed
O r
R epaired
D aily
Old 01-14-2004, 01:22 PM
ml2316

where did you see 0-60 in 5.2 secs.
Old 01-14-2004, 01:25 PM
Setter32

Z33Concept:

Totally agrees with this. The way I look at it, the more horse you have.....the more skill and wisdom you better have. Unless you've been racing on the track for the past few years, I just don't see this skill or wisdom in an 18 year old.

In the world of crotch rockets, we see this all of the time. A kid wants a bike, of course he has to get the one that is bad ***. Instead of first learning the skills on a 250cc or a 500cc bike, he goes for a 600cc super sport. Or worse, a Gixxer 1000. A few months later, if not weeks, he total the bike and earned a nice hospital stay. Classic case of more money and testosterone, than skills.

Follow the advice of the wiser individuals on this board and spend your money on more important things. You're plenty young. Give yourself some time to acquire the skills and some self discipline, or else you'll just be tossing that $30+k down the toilet, and may even hurt yourself and someone else in the process.

Sorry for the long windedness. But like I said, I have just seen this too many times, and it's just a tragic waste.

But if you decide to get an uber high performance vehicle, I wish you good luck and to stay well.

Old 01-14-2004, 02:41 PM
zpylot

Growing up my dad always said that FORD meant.

Friggin'
Old
Repaired
Dodge

And he did not say Friggin' I just censored myself. You should be able to guess what he said Back in those days I guess there were alot of interchangable parts betweeen Fords and Dodge. I won't buy either.
Old 01-14-2004, 04:26 PM
archman350z

Default Re: Re: it is your life but......

Originally posted by Setter32
In the world of crotch rockets, we see this all of the time. A kid wants a bike, of course he has to get the one that is bad ***. Instead of first learning the skills on a 250cc or a 500cc bike, he goes for a 600cc super sport. Or worse, a Gixxer 1000. A few months later, if not weeks, he total the bike and earned a nice hospital stay. Classic case of more money and testosterone, than skills.
Yup, coming from the bike world myself I can vouch for this. It's sad to see guys get messed up at such a young age. I started on Moto-X at 13, rode my first rocket at 20. It was a FZR600 (an awesome bike). Since then, I've rode some liter-bikes but I still prefer my trusty 'ol ZX6. It's funny cause I'm finding the same thing out about cars: I've owned a fire-breathing V8 Mustang, now I have a V6 350Z (and love it to death) and my dream car is a Lotus Elise. (For those not familiar, the Elise is all of 200HP, but weighs only 1400lbs. It can hang with any of the world's supercars, with ease, on a race track) Smaller just seems to be better!
Old 01-15-2004, 05:21 AM
Z33Concept

Thanks for yall input.. Im very focused I have several goals. IM not just thinking about the Z (well I take that back Im thinking about that and my job I will have soon very soon!!!!!!!!!)
Old 01-15-2004, 05:44 AM
Kas-Z
Banned

Before reading this know that I am a 21 year old Pre-Law student soon to start law school at loyola, the nations #1 ranked criminal law school. I am holding off on buying my Z untill next may when i can put alot of cash down and have low notes. I could buy it today but the small amount of wisdom i have tells me to wait. But i am in your age group so you may listen to what i have to say.

if you are starting a carreer at 18 then its likely that the money is not going to be raining down from heaven. I would look into something better to spend your money on like buying a house. Renting sucks. If you buy now it would be paid off by the time you are 40. Just dont blow your whole paycheck every month on a car note and insurance. It may be worth it for a few months, but after a year or two you will start wishing you had money to put aside.

AND DO NOT GET A LOAN TO PAY FOR MODS!!!!!

I did this in my 87 300ZXT. Got a 10,000 signature loan and had the car running 11.2 at 400HP.It was fun and worth it at first, but when an old man sideswiped me and put me through a ditch i got screwed. I was paying a loan for mods for several months without having the car. I had to sue his insurance because they offered me 1,200 for the car because it was old and they said that it was below blue book because it didnt have the original engine!!!!! It had a brand new engine, and a but load of mods plus 2 tvs and a huge system, so we sued and i eventually got paid, plus i got to keep the car and part it out, but if i had to do again i would wait and do cash for the mods to keep myself out of the hole.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:59 AM
Hey Ya

Originally posted by Z33Concept
Thanks for yall input.. Im very focused I have several goals. IM not just thinking about the Z (well I take that back Im thinking about that and my job I will have soon very soon!!!!!!!!!)
I'd definitely wait and see how that job goes first...I recently graduated from a top-ranked school for MIS (UT Austin) and had a sweet paying job doing what I loved, only my boss (company owner) was totally insane. Needless to say, I quit after 2 months and took a pay cut but my new job is heaven compared to that one, and there's great potential here.

I wouldn't consider the Z a 'goal' necessarily - like zland and others have mentioned, it's just a piece of metal. I place my health/family/friends first in life, then saving for a house and a MBA. Not trying to lecture, I know how you feel, being 22, the Z was a must-have for me. So do what you gotta do!

BTW - Your profile says you are an owner? Que?

Back to the stang, I thought it was not so bad until I saw it on a cover of some mag, with some GIANT round VW Bug looking headlights. It was hideous!

And now...I'm going to lunch.

Last edited by Hey Ya; 01-15-2004 at 09:01 AM.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:26 AM
Z33Concept

to lazy to change it. The z its not a goal its just a car Im getting.
Like my truck Im getting after graduation

Thx for uR input Kas but all the mods on the list im not getting I changed my mind a long time ago maybe 2-3 mods thats it

I will be makin $16.00 hour getting 2-3 raises a year

Last edited by Z33Concept; 01-15-2004 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:29 AM
Kas-Z
Banned

getting 2 cars for graduation? thats rediculous. I wasn't spoiled so I wanna spoil my kids one day, but that is a little extreme

Quick Reply: Thinking About 05 Stang Getting Z