Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

New Silverstone Images

Old 06-01-2002, 12:53 PM
silverstone_350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THANK GOD!!! it was just the bad lighting as some else has posted...god that had me worried..

thanx jeff, i love you..
lol
Old 06-01-2002, 06:03 PM
LowFuel

I have to admit I think the Silverstone is pretty nice, after seeing these. The "official" Nissan pic doesn't do it justice.

Oh, one other quick point: People keep commenting "hey notice it's the same plate that was on the Brickyard? (or Chrome, or whatever). EVERY car I've seen driving around Nissan's facility has this plate, so I'm guessing it's not to ID the car, but the manufacterer.
Even the security van's have it.
Old 06-01-2002, 07:20 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Center Console/Door Panel Controls

I took a couple pictures of the above, to try and show what controls are located where. The center console has 2 buttons to adjust the power seats - one for each seat.

The driver's side door panel has 4 buttons - 1 door lock, 2 window buttons, and another button which I can only assume is a window lock button.
Old 06-01-2002, 07:51 PM
brackethead

Jeff, in case there was ANY doubt -- YOU RULE!

I am very happy with the Silverstone now. That is my exact car in your pics. I can't f*&^ing wait!

And Jmanz, I totally agree that the Redline is stunning. Sorry to hear you're going to have a little hassle now that you decided to sell the LeMans and get a Redline. But I completely understand!
Old 06-01-2002, 09:08 PM
rouxeny

Jman, I have to agree that the Redline is pretty awesome. I'd alwyas said that the only car I'd get in red would be a Ferrari, but I'm not so sure about that.

The irony in this is that we'll all be driving around in our new Z's and you'll be waiting for your red one.
Old 06-01-2002, 10:17 PM
BrianZ

GEEZ, that Silverstone is BEAUTIFUL!

Hats of to Scafremon & Jay for getting them and posting them!!!

You guys are like two superheros! Batman & Robin? No... maybe Obi Wan and that other guy? No... What about... awww, forget it. You guys just ROCK!
Old 06-01-2002, 11:41 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Default Re: Center Console/Door Panel Controls

Originally posted by Scafremon
I took a couple pictures of the above, to try and show what controls are located where. The center console has 2 buttons to adjust the power seats - one for each seat.

The driver's side door panel has 4 buttons - 1 door lock, 2 window buttons, and another button which I can only assume is a window lock button.
Jeff,

Just like I told you last night, today is YOUR day. Your pictures already help some Silverstone folks get over their heartburn last night, and you're busy being interviewed by faithful forum members.

On the center console subject, you mentioned that it has 2 buttons for power seats. When I saw the RHD model at the Dallas auto show, the power seat buttons is ON the front corner of the seat itself (next to the console), just like the one on the G35. tdcz and I also had discussion on this subject several days ago. See the picture that he attached in that link, third from last for reference:
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....=5257#post5257

Since you are the only one saw the real production model up close, did you see the little cutout for seat button on the right front corner of the driver seat, next to the parking break handle? I just wonder if those change in the production car and how are those buttons related to the one you referred to in the center console (which one do what). I am glad that you will talk back to me, unlike nissandriven.com.
Old 06-02-2002, 06:37 AM
john0213

i'm waiting for the high res..........waiting........waiting................
Old 06-02-2002, 06:54 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Jeff, your next mission if you decide to accept is to find a 350Z with spalsh guards, I am dying to see a good picture with those on. Keep up the great work we all appreciate it.
Old 06-02-2002, 10:09 AM
Scafremon

Default Re: Re: Center Console/Door Panel Controls

Originally posted by Touring6MT_Z

On the center console subject, you mentioned that it has 2 buttons for power seats. When I saw the RHD model at the Dallas auto show, the power seat buttons is ON the front corner of the seat itself (next to the console), just like the one on the G35. tdcz and I also had discussion on this subject several days ago. See the picture that he attached in that link, third from last for reference:
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....=5257#post5257

Since you are the only one saw the real production model up close, did you see the little cutout for seat button on the right front corner of the driver seat, next to the parking break handle?
Yes, the cutout in the seat was still there on the Silverstone model.I had tried to get a picture of it, because I remembered your previous discussions on it. But all I got were reflection pictures of me. The car was locked, so I couldn't clearly see the actually buttons that were in the notch, but they kind of looked like two dials. Maybe those are the heat controls for the seats?

Attached is a blow-up of the 2 buttons that are in the center of the center console. These are the seat adjustment buttons I was originally referring to. I have rotated it 180 degrees, as it was taken through windshield. I'll also attach a blow-up of the door panel buttons.

Last edited by Scafremon; 06-02-2002 at 10:11 AM.
Old 06-02-2002, 10:14 AM
Scafremon

Default Center Console Buttons

Center Console Buttons
Attached Thumbnails New Silverstone Images-consolebuttons.jpg  
Old 06-02-2002, 10:16 AM
Scafremon

Door Panel Buttons, Drivers side door
Attached Thumbnails New Silverstone Images-doorpanelbuttons.jpg  
Old 06-02-2002, 10:19 AM
Scafremon

Originally posted by westpak
Jeff, your next mission if you decide to accept is to find a 350Z with spalsh guards, I am dying to see a good picture with those on. Keep up the great work we all appreciate it.
Mission accepted. I would think they would put these on at least one of the initial pre-post-whatever-type-of-cars-I-am-seeing cars.
Old 06-02-2002, 10:38 AM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Default Re: Re: Re: Center Console/Door Panel Controls

Originally posted by Scafremon

Yes, the cutout in the seat was still there on the Silverstone model.I had tried to get a picture of it, because I remembered your previous discussions on it. But all I got were reflection pictures of me. The car was locked, so I couldn't clearly see the actually buttons that were in the notch, but they kind of looked like two dials. Maybe those are the heat controls for the seats?

Attached is a blow-up of the 2 buttons that are in the center of the center console. These are the seat adjustment buttons I was originally referring to. I have rotated it 180 degrees, as it was taken through windshield. I'll also attach a blow-up of the door panel buttons.
Jeff,

Thanks for enlarging and rotating those button picture. You must read my mind, I have to turn my notebook up side down today tried to see the icon on the button of the picture. After seeing the picture with legible icon, there is arrow about the seat, one pointing toward left, one pointing toward right. Also, there are some lines above the seat. My guess right now: those are button for the heated seat, one for each seat.

I suspect that the power seat adjustment buttons are on the seat itself, just like the G35. On the G35, the one that adjust the seat up and down looks exactly the same as the windown button.

Thanks for your first class spy work, Jeff.
Old 06-02-2002, 11:00 AM
Scafremon

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Center Console/Door Panel Controls

Originally posted by Touring6MT_Z

Jeff,

My guess right now: those are button for the heated seat, one for each seat.

I suspect that the power seat adjustment buttons are on the seat itself, just like the G35. On the G35, the one that adjust the seat up and down looks exactly the same as the windown button.
Now that I actually think about it, your button logic makes a heckuva lot more sense then mine. I wonder how hot my bum would've got before I realized my seat wasn't moving!

Thanks for the assist on this one Touring.
Old 06-02-2002, 11:22 AM
fairladyZ in Japan

Default will you still love her in the morning ?

since as someone noted... the redline picture was taken in the evening with different lighting, of course...

Will be interesting to see if this baby is still as beautiful under full lighting.

Still love the Silverstone ... but was shocked by the Redline picture == simply stunning.
Old 06-03-2002, 06:57 AM
Zmeflyby

silverstone looks nice. so far we've seen blue, brickyard, and silverstone.
wheres black?!??!
Old 06-03-2002, 07:08 AM
blackSunshine
Charter Member #84

Originally posted by rouxeny
Jman, I have to agree that the Redline is pretty awesome. I'd alwyas said that the only car I'd get in red would be a Ferrari, but I'm not so sure about that.

I've always said the same, but I've amended to Ferrari or 350Z, redline is sweeeeeeeeet on the car. Black has always been my number one color for cars though. Maybe when I get sick of the heat and the dirt I'll get a red or blue Z, but until then shiny black is the color for me. Sorry to hear about the extra wait J, who knows maybe the le mans will kick a$$ in person and you'll change your mind again. It's happened before.