Originally posted by nizl

But the S2000 is SOOO FOCKING KEWL!!!!

It's a roadster!
Err... o--k--a--y...
Old 09-13-2002, 01:33 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please don't make this thread into another 350Z vs ... discussion or debate.

I am just asking Jay for clarification on the new site rule. So, let's focus the discussion on rules that help make this site civilize. I have to agree with BullishZ that constructive and civilize discussion on pro and con of one car vs another is productive, whereas bashing and name calling are not. In fact, that what car magazine do, they compare one car vs another.

In that specific thread that started this thread, there were also so many M3 vs 350Z heated debate, but only the 350Z vs S2K was mentioned here.
Old 09-13-2002, 04:06 PM
Boomer

Default Re: Yea, but what about the Z vs.

Originally posted by ericn
The legendary 1988 Yugo YL???
I actually commuted with a Yugo(on the same highway) for about 6 months, then I noticed some bodywork "kisses" and a couple of weeks later it was gone forever. I would be in fear of my life to drive a Yugo on our roads; made of rusty tin and as slow as molasses in winter. Scary.

Boomer
Old 09-13-2002, 05:16 PM
bhobson333

Default Things I dont like about Z.

Thanks for the great job cleaning up the "Things I dont like about Z" thread JmanZ. It's really a beautiful, funny thread that was polluted by that nonsense.
Old 09-13-2002, 10:07 PM
Chris S

As posted @ http://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthrea...threadid=81382
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I met up w/ a few Z guys tonight, and Bishop_TX gave me a ride in his silver, fully loaded Track model. He took it easy since it's still in break in, but it was very impressive, and the handling felt very composed.

It prob. won't provide quite the visceral exp. of an S2000 being thrashed along Hill Country roads, but the grunt off the line reminded me of my old '94 Z28 6 sp. It sounded great, and had lots of cool features...DVD nav., computer w/ stopwatch, etc.

All the Z's I've seen look great, but the Rays wheels and Brembos really make it stand out.

I'm keeping my S2000 for the time being, but when the time comes for a change, the 350Z will be @ the top of my list. The M3 has now been totally dismissed...the Z was that good!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

to Nissan!
Old 09-14-2002, 07:37 AM
SilverStreak

This formal note about banning "vs" type discussions with disagreement is stupid. I'll bet the farm if a 350Z owner creats a thread in which he spanked a S4, S2k. WRX people on here would have no problems about that.

Face the facts that there is a vast majority of owners on here are narrow in scope in appreciating other vehicles and hence can't take a ribbing once in a while.

You guys always say we are scared but really it is you guys who are scared that your extra power and the fact that the new Z will not be faster than a 3 year old Hampster powered car.

From the "encounters" I've heard between the S2K and 350Z, you guys have nothing to brag about so far in wins. It is purely a drivers race.

Perhaps, the moderators can create an "Encounters" forum where people just put their experiences in running against other cars. There will always be disagreements between cars, that is a fact and will always be..
Old 09-14-2002, 09:27 AM
rouxeny

The above post exactly depicts why the S2000 vs 350Z posts have been discouraged.

Silverstreak, that you for being yourself, and for being a good example of something bad.
Old 09-14-2002, 09:43 AM
z350z
Charter Member #13

I really don't understand the big problem with threads full of messages like SilverStreaks's above. Personally, I find it kind of entertaining to read stuff like this. But Jay doesn't like it and it's his board, and it's still a great place to be, so I won't complain.
Old 09-14-2002, 08:15 PM
tbcz

Originally posted by SilverStreak
This formal note about banning "vs" type discussions with disagreement is stupid. I'll bet the farm if a 350Z owner creats a thread in which he spanked a S4, S2k. WRX people on here would have no problems about that.

Face the facts that there is a vast majority of owners on here are narrow in scope in appreciating other vehicles and hence can't take a ribbing once in a while.

You guys always say we are scared but really it is you guys who are scared that your extra power and the fact that the new Z will not be faster than a 3 year old Hampster powered car.

From the "encounters" I've heard between the S2K and 350Z, you guys have nothing to brag about so far in wins. It is purely a drivers race.

Perhaps, the moderators can create an "Encounters" forum where people just put their experiences in running against other cars. There will always be disagreements between cars, that is a fact and will always be..
SilverStreak...perhaps you would be so kind as to show me where Jay said "vs." type discussions were banned, because I can't find it. All I read was that he, at the request of many members, asked that the ridiculous fighting and name calling currently going on about these two cars stop.

You state the "fact" that the "vast majority" of owners in this forum are narrow in scope when it comes to appreciating other vehicles. I beg to differ. To the contrary, I believe it is a select few who tend to engage in these pissing matches with the select few from the S2K camp who feel it necessary to come here and start them. It would seem we could count you among them.

My advice to you: if you feel that the practice of cracking down on this behavior is "stupid", then please do us and yourself a favor and stop logging on to the site. Why would you want to read the ramblings of a bunch of narrow minded 350Z owners anyway?
Old 09-14-2002, 09:31 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Originally posted by tbcz

To the contrary, I believe it is a select few who tend to engage in these pissing matches with the select few from the S2K camp who feel it necessary to come here and start them.
Tim,

Just to point out some of my own observation, I also see some of the recent heated discussion started by 350Z guy bashing other car first. So, that prompted other car owners to response by bashing 350Z. My view is that the site rule should be pure and simple, if you start bashing other car, you are starting a fight, and that is not allow here.

BTW: Thanks for deleting some of those posts recently.

PS: You should be out driving your car. How many miles you got so far?
Old 09-14-2002, 11:53 PM
sschmuve

I really don't see the problem with the "350z vs. XXXX" threads. I love the heated discussions with all the witty sarcasm. It's really entertaining. Now I do understand why name calling, and personal attacks aren't allowed. No problem with that. But lets face it...

The Z is a sports car.
This is a sports car enthusiast site.
Enthusiasts are competitive.
Therefore we have pissing matches with other enthusiasts.

And why complain to Jay.."Whaahh..They are saying Car XXXX is better than the Z. Do something."

NOBODY IS MAKING YOU READ THE POSTS. SKIP THEM IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE TOPIC.

America is full of whiners that lack any sense of personal responsibility. (i.e..Sue McDonalds for spilling hot coffee on your lap).
Ok....Im done
Old 09-15-2002, 03:02 AM
tbcz

I'd just like to make one more point regarding this topic. Debate (yes...even heated debate) is definately welcome. I think it's vital to keeping a forum interesting and growing. However, when personal attacks and insults are thrown in the mix, it ends up being counterproductive to what a forum is all about. Less people contribute to the threads...and in the long run, less people will come to the site. Have you ever noticed that when a good debate sinks into **** slinging, it ends up being the same group of people? And does anything useful really come from it? I think many of our members here get discouraged by this, and will refrain from posting because let's face it...who wants to be called an ******* for sharing your opinion?

I don't know about you, but there's already more stuff on here than I can keep up with. I really would rather not read through a four page post where Joe from Peoria and Stan from Albequerque are calling each other names like a couple of five year olds.

Touring6MT_Z...yes I should be out driving! I will be soon. I've put 200 miles on the car since I picked it up Friday night...another 100 or so going on it today. This car is just too cool!
Old 09-15-2002, 05:43 AM
bhobson333

Originally posted by tbcz
To the contrary, I believe it is a select few who tend to engage in these pissing matches with the select few from the S2K camp who feel it necessary to come here and start them.
Well-said, tbcz.

I love a good debate and I love to engage in them, and rough language used properly doesn't bother me at all. Our threads are interesting conversations on a particular subject, and when someone takes the time to post a well-thought-out argument with good insight and a little humor it shouldn't be followed by something like:

"ur a ****-head and yur carz a fat pig! ur going to eat my dust! S2K RULZ!"

Now, I made that up, it's not a quote from anywhere, but you probably all realise that it's a good representation of what the crackdown is about. I have followed threads to other forums where I swear it seems like everyone is 8 years old and needing a nap and it is no fun at all to read. That kind of behavior would keep me away and I hope this forum never degrades to that.

It's not just the S2K owners who are guilty of this, fights have also been started by 350Z-lovers bashing S2Ks and other cars, and I bet that some 350Z-lovers have been warned. The problem is that this board, in the past couple of weeks, has had an influx of rabid S2K fans that seem eager to ruin our conversation by throwing around as much fire and gasoline as they can. The moderators did the right thing, and I bet they had MANY regulars asking them to do it.

Well-done, JmanZ!
Old 09-15-2002, 11:26 AM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Originally posted by z350z
I really don't understand the big problem with threads full of messages like SilverStreaks's above. Personally, I find it kind of entertaining to read stuff like this. But Jay doesn't like it and it's his board, and it's still a great place to be, so I won't complain.
I agree 100%. I enjoy the entertainment that these threads provide. I'm a staunch defender of the Z car (big surprise there) and relish the opportunity to engage in verbal reparteé with any of these S2K (or other) twits. As a well-spoken individual, it's often enjoyable to watch these cretin trip over their own words in their attempts to belittle our beloved Z.

It's not my board, so I can't make the rules, but let the record show that I have my doubts that any of these trolls will ever get the best of me.
Old 09-16-2002, 03:36 PM
ToddLuc

Willit,

how boring would life be if we all loved civics or taurus wagons???

Welcome to the site.

Last edited by ToddLuc; 09-16-2002 at 03:38 PM.
Old 09-17-2002, 11:42 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by willit
how boring would life be if we all loved civics or taurus wagons???
Id have to kill myself.
Old 09-18-2002, 05:18 AM
SilverStreak

Originally posted by NSANY

I agree 100%. I enjoy the entertainment that these threads provide. I'm a staunch defender of the Z car (big surprise there) and relish the opportunity to engage in verbal reparteé with any of these S2K (or other) twits. As a well-spoken individual, it's often enjoyable to watch these cretin trip over their own words in their attempts to belittle our beloved Z.

It's not my board, so I can't make the rules, but let the record show that I have my doubts that any of these trolls will ever get the best of me.
Oh mighty one, you are no match for us weaker verbally challenged individuals. Perhaps you can share with us the freshly baked humble pie

So far, your wit and debating skills are not apparent. Your response lacks substance since it does not focus on facts but rather focuses more on personal criticism.

Quick Reply: 350Z vs. s2000 debate --> READ ME