Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Bad luck for this Z driver

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruno350z
I agree with most of this, except the 100 is too fast passing cars... Maybe I'm just used to it because I drive minimum 50 miles a day going to work and back going near those speeds. Yeah I know if I get pulled over I'm fu*ked, but I have eyes of a hawk when it comes to cops, my eyes saved my *** a few times this week alone.
What's that expression... "Speeding is going faster than what you can handle" Something along those lines, heard it in a movie once lol
Bottom line is, do what you can handle. This driver obviously couldn't handle going 100mph. Nothing to do with age, only driving skills. Yes higher age means more years driving, which means more experience which should make you a better driver. That is never the case, don't believe me? Come by my area, choose any street, pull out a chair and a case of beer and just chill there all day. You'll see minimum 5 accidents and all of them being older people who can't drive but choose to anyways.
Example of stupidity isn't based off of solely age, but based off of being stupid..

Experience doesn't come from age... Experience comes from EXPERIENCing things. I'm only 19, not sure how old you are, but can almost guarantee I've have more experiences and life learning lessons than you have. Not saying I know your life, that previous statement might be completely wrong. But based on average statistics, yeah I've experienced more.
And most people don't learn from experience. You really think this kid is going to get a slower car and slow down? No he's going to get the same or a better car, be scared for a week or two and go back to speeding again. How do I know this? Experience. People don't change, you're stupid at a young age, you'll be stupid at an older age.

So take this example, a 45 year old who rarely ever drove his entire life because it wasn't his thing and me a 19 year old and I drive anywhere from 50-100 miles a day. Just because he's older, according to you, he's a more experienced driver. Even tho at the age of 19 I would of drove more then the guy I used in my example? Please rationalize your reasoning for me.

Exactly ^

Yeah if I take my 40 year old self compared to myself now, of course I would be a better driver, because I would've been driving for that much longer. But you're previous point is You learn with age. That's wrong, you learn with experiences. I can experience something at the age of 15 that you wouldn't have the opportunity to experience till 25. Does that mean I'm smarter? No. It means I've experienced it first. Age is an irrelevant factor.

It is, I'm stealing that haha

My insurance is $200 a month for basic liability... I don't even need to know what you're insurance payment is because it isn't that bad. Lol

Your mentality gives off a strong odor of immaturity.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Jah70

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

In all honesty if this kid died the only people I would be sorry for are his parents because they lost a child that made a bad decision. I also feel sorry for the Z because it had a bad owner, and sorry for the tree. I won't feel sorry for the kid himself because nature has it's ways of taking care of people like him. The grim reaper must of been on his lunch break or something that day. That lucky bastard.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:51 PM
350Z Project X

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Can i have the rims at least before they haul it off? lol
what an idiot, racing around on stock suspension like hes speed racer or something
Old 02-07-2013, 02:56 AM
bmyles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350Z Project X
what an idiot, racing around on stock suspension like hes speed racer or something
What? Idiots crash Ferraris and other exotics all the time, which have race suspension from the factory. Has nothing to do with it.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:12 AM
ProZach626

Age isn't a factor in ignorance. If someone is stupid at 19, he will be stupid at 50
This guy was just stupid, drove a car he didn't know how to handle and crashed

"This guy should never have been in A car period." Fixed

100mph isn't even high speeds, so idk why the article blames the speed. Driver is completely at fault
You're too young to realize that with youth comes a higher degree of carelessness and a feeling of invulnerability. It's pointless to argue with you about it, because you don't understand, yet.

100 MPH is a very high speed.

Not saying I go 100, I'm usually around 90. Same difference
Rate is higher for something completely irrelevant to my speed, never been pulled over for speeding
I hope I'm not the one who gets called to your accident scene where you killed someone by trying to pass a vehicle at 100 mph.

You haven't had that type of "experience" like I've had.

Last edited by ProZach626; 02-07-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:37 AM
j3tt2

Originally Posted by ProZach626
You're too young to realize that with youth comes a higher degree of carelessness and a feeling of invulnerability. It's pointless to argue with you about it, because you don't understand, yet.

I hope I'm not the one who gets called to your accident scene where you killed someone by trying to pass a vehicle at 100 mph.

these statements dont put justice to what they really mean. i agree with this because I thought i wanted to go into Highway patrol, so ive done a few ride-alongs. Arriving to a crash with a fatality is something that can not be explained in words. this kid going 100 MPH hitting a tree, is insanely lucky hes not dead. I've seen crashes happen at way less speeds where people have been fatally injured from head trauma or internal problems cause by hitting the chest on the steering wheel.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Bruno350z

Originally Posted by j3tt2
I don't think it's fast, science proves it kid. Sorry to learn ya something

Think if it in terms of baseball. Is a baseball traveling at 90mph fast? Yes! Now picture w 3000lbs baseball going 90 mph......
My bad for drifting even further off topic but yeah I hope the kid does cherish life. Unfortunately you can't fix stupid
A baseball is also only 3 inches in diameter.....

Originally Posted by FamilyTradition
Chirping in with Bruno:
Speed limit on highways in Michigan are 70. You do 70 on some roads and your risking being hit from behind if your not in a semi lane. My avg speed is 80. I go with traffic, pass on the left when I have to. People going by at 90 is normal.
Exactly my point, when you're forced to do 80 on a daily basis it's not fast anymore.
j3 I can guarantee when you first started driving you were only going 50 mph on the freeway your first time and that felt too fast, now 50 doesn't feel to fast eh?
I'm not saying he doesn't drive that FAST. Or even that people in oklahoma don't drive that fast. He said that 80-90 isn't fast, in which on fact it is fast. Just because your not the only one going 80-90, doesn't make it any less "fast". That why I said just because everyone speed doesn't make it any less illegal
You're not getting the point.. "fast" or any term works on a societies stand point. If in you're society people only travel at 60mph yeah 80 is fast. But over here, everyone goes 80 so no, it's not deemed as fast where I'm from. And that doesn't only go for speed it's for everything. Something acceptable in my society might not be acceptable in yours and vice versa.

Originally Posted by stuartc323
Bro you have a lot to learn, You remind me of myself at 19, im 23 now and you will slow down one day man, but for right now do you, but be careful. and dont try to defend yourself on this forum, your age shows when you comment and your gonna get raped. You contradict yourself when you try to make your points and thats because you make no sense.

Experience comes from EXPERIENCing things. I'm only 19, not sure how old you are, but can almost guarantee I've have more experiences and life learning lessons than you have

How did you gain these experiences? ^ , pretty sure you had to grow up to experience them.

and

"But you're previous point is You learn with age. That's wrong, you learn with experiences. I can experience something at the age of 15 that you wouldn't have the opportunity to experience till 25. Does that mean I'm smarter? No. It means I've experienced it first"

so if you learned that at age 15, you would have learned from that experience and not done the same thing at 25, would you?

and you pay 200 a month for basic liability? wtf? and you think that is ok? bro I pay 172 for 3 cars full coverage. that insurance payment is NOT ok. I hope you can pay for that Z if anything happens to it other than an accident.
To your reply to the first bold statement. Yes you have to grow from your experiences, but my point is they can happen at any age. Sure at 30 you have the chance to experience more things because you've been around longer, but that doesn't mean you have. I know plenty of older people that lived their lives by the books and never really experienced a damn thing. But to everyones reasoning I should still listen and learn from them? No, doesn't work like that.
To your second bold, no I would not do the same at 25. But that's not my point.
My point is experience doesn't come from age. Just because you are older, does not mean you've experienced it all and you know more than everyone younger than you.
People laugh and say oh he's only XX years old, he does't know much.. That's flawed logic, automatically assuming something because of someones age.. Lmao cmon.
And yeah 200 for liability, I got pulled over for retarded things when I was 16. Not using a turn signal, supposedly following an ambulance (which they ran twice), talking on the phone with bluetooth... So I got my license suspended for 1 year and insurance companies don't want to deal with me because of it. Only reason I got this insurance to cover me was because I called them and described the citations. Apparently they were just like the majority of you guys on these forums. "Oh he's 18 and has points on his record. *Starts judging, blames his age."

Originally Posted by stuartc323
This is true, He is from southern california, and on our freeways, the average speed is 85, if your not doing that you will either get pulled over or cause an accident.
Exactly my point. People on the slowest lanes do 65 minimum, trucks travel at 70mph. If you're following the speed limit you'll last maybe 10 miles before you start an accident
Lol the kid says he drives 80-90 on almost a daily basis. This make these speeds not fast.
Exactly... I'm sorry but are you not capable of adapting? Lol After doing something for long periods of times it just becomes a routine. Don't worry, when you get older you'll learn the power to adapt with your surroundings

Oh no I understand that. I get that in my mind I'm superman, hey that's everyone tho. But that doesn't change the fact that just because I'm 19 means I'm automatically stupid. Like I said before, if you're an idiot, it's because you're an idiot, not because you're 19. This guy who crashed is an idiot, not because he's 19, but because he's an idiot.

Btw, I love the stereotypes this forum always uses lol.. It's racist against age; if you don't understand why, replace "young age" with "a black guy" and you'll understand.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Bruno350z

I've been t-boned, me going 40mph and the other driver going 50. My car slid a good 30 feet before the curb stopped it and still came about 2 inches away from hitting a pole which could have killed me, according to the police.
I blacked out behind the wheel for a good 5 minutes, but still was able to walk away from the scene. I had a banged up knee for a few months, other guy didn't have a scratch on him. A passing driver saved my life by blocking traffic with his car.
Yeah, pretty sure I did experience something like that..
Old 02-07-2013, 08:53 AM
zswickliffe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You almost died (according to you) in an accident where both parties were going half the speeds we're calling fast and you still don't consider it fast? Wow.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:00 AM
Bruno350z

This was on a street? Speed limit was 45....
And no not according to me, according to the police. I still don't believe a pole could have done enough damage to the car that would've killed me
Old 02-07-2013, 09:15 AM
ProZach626

I've been t-boned, me going 40mph and the other driver going 50. My car slid a good 30 feet before the curb stopped it and still came about 2 inches away from hitting a pole which could have killed me, according to the police.
I blacked out behind the wheel for a good 5 minutes, but still was able to walk away from the scene. I had a banged up knee for a few months, other guy didn't have a scratch on him. A passing driver saved my life by blocking traffic with his car.
Yeah, pretty sure I did experience something like that..
I used to think you were just young and ignorant, but now your stupidity is starting to really show.

It's OK, kid. When you kill a wife and mother on her way home from work, don't worry about it. I'll be the one to tell her husband and children that she was killed, because some fool didn't think 100 was too fast to be driving on the freeway.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Bruno350z

Lol I'm done here. I find this hilarious because you are calling me young and ignorant, yet you are the one who has a hard headed mentality of "I'm older so I'm better"
Obviously respect doesn't come with age. But don't worry man; you're better, more experienced, and smarter than me
Old 02-07-2013, 09:44 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

I got my Z at 19 and I'm 24 now. Although it's only been 5 years I consider myself lightyears ahead in regards to experience and responsibility from when I was 20.

Have you ever taken your car to the track? My experience taught me alot about my car, and you would reach limits that you could never experience on the street. I feel the track experience makes me a much better driver on the street.

By the way, as a fellow young Z owner, you're sounding pretty ignorant with your responses. Not trying to start with you, just looking out.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:56 AM
cgkp0925

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 02-07-2013, 10:53 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Experience doesn't come from age... Experience comes from EXPERIENCing things. I'm only 19, not sure how old you are, but can almost guarantee I've have more experiences and life learning lessons than you have. Not saying I know your life, that previous statement might be completely wrong.

That might be the most laughable statement I have ever seen from a 19 year old! I have bad habits over twice as old as 19 years, lol.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:17 PM
bmyles

Btw, I love the stereotypes this forum always uses lol.. It's racist against age; if you don't understand why, replace "young age" with "a black guy" and you'll understand.
The term you're looking for is "ageist" or "ageism." You can't be racist against something that isn't a race.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Jah70

Lol I'm done here. I find this hilarious because you are calling me young and ignorant, yet you are the one who has a hard headed mentality of "I'm older so I'm better"
Obviously respect doesn't come with age. But don't worry man; you're better, more experienced, and smarter than me
Your free do as you like. If you wanna go 900 mph down the freeway on a cheetah strapped with two rockets on it's sides and Jenifer Lopez on the back do whatever tickles your pickle. Just make sure you don't take anyone with you because you'll be infringing upon their freedoms and rights because of your decisions. DISCLAIMER: I'm not telling anyone to speed, I'm just saying it's your body, your car, your freedom (even though our society frowns upon things like that). All we can do as other human beings is offer our ideas and suggestions, you can still do whatever you want to do if you really want to regardless if it's against the law or not.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:30 PM
j3tt2

A baseball is also only 3 inches in diameter.....

Exactly my point, when you're forced to do 80 on a daily basis it's not fast anymore. j3 I can guarantee when you first started driving you were only going 50 mph on the freeway your first time and that felt too fast, now 50 doesn't feel to fast eh?
You're not getting the point.. "fast" or any term works on a societies stand point. If in you're society people only travel at 60mph yeah 80 is fast. But over here, everyone goes 80 so no, it's not deemed as fast where I'm from. And that doesn't only go for speed it's for everything. Something acceptable in my society might not be acceptable in yours and vice versa.

To your reply to the first bold statement. Yes you have to grow from your experiences, but my point is they can happen at any age. Sure at 30 you have the chance to experience more things because you've been around longer, but that doesn't mean you have. I know plenty of older people that lived their lives by the books and never really experienced a damn thing. But to everyones reasoning I should still listen and learn from them? No, doesn't work like that.
To your second bold, no I would not do the same at 25. But that's not my point.
My point is experience doesn't come from age. Just because you are older, does not mean you've experienced it all and you know more than everyone younger than you.
People laugh and say oh he's only XX years old, he does't know much.. That's flawed logic, automatically assuming something because of someones age.. Lmao cmon.
And yeah 200 for liability, I got pulled over for retarded things when I was 16. Not using a turn signal, supposedly following an ambulance (which they ran twice), talking on the phone with bluetooth... So I got my license suspended for 1 year and insurance companies don't want to deal with me because of it. Only reason I got this insurance to cover me was because I called them and described the citations. Apparently they were just like the majority of you guys on these forums. "Oh he's 18 and has points on his record. *Starts judging, blames his age."

Exactly my point. People on the slowest lanes do 65 minimum, trucks travel at 70mph. If you're following the speed limit you'll last maybe 10 miles before you start an accident

Exactly... I'm sorry but are you not capable of adapting? Lol After doing something for long periods of times it just becomes a routine. Don't worry, when you get older you'll learn the power to adapt with your surroundings

Oh no I understand that. I get that in my mind I'm superman, hey that's everyone tho. But that doesn't change the fact that just because I'm 19 means I'm automatically stupid. Like I said before, if you're an idiot, it's because you're an idiot, not because you're 19. This guy who crashed is an idiot, not because he's 19, but because he's an idiot.

no offence kid but im 24 and i promise ive gone faster than you, drove more than you, and have made more mistakes than you. i have been fortunate enough to have never been involved in a crash considering all the dumb things i have done.

I've highlighted in bold your ignorant comment. society does not determine what is fast, just because you drive 90 more than me, this doesn't mean your 90 is slower than my 90. 90 mph is 90 mph.

Age is a very good trait to determine intelligence, education, rationality, stubbornness, and ability to understand. you do not understand that just because you drive 90, doesn't make it any less fast than if I drove 90. If you actually believe that because you drive this fast as much as you say, than you my friend are indeed what everyone else says you are. a mere 19 year-old.

Respect in fact does not one with age. It come from the understanding of what others are saying/doing and using it as a lesson to add to your life or understand why this person says/thinks/acts they way it does.
I can respect that in California drivers might drive at an average rate faster than Oklahoma, but that fact that more people drive this way is possibly a reaction to lack of police to manage so many cars on crowded streets. What I can't respect is a 19 year old telling a bunch of 20+year olds we don't know what fast really is, or that he's experienced more than us. The lack of respect is on your end due to the level of unwillingness to see things from another perspective.

From when I was 19 to now 24, I feel I am thousands of years from where I was. Information, knowledge, and anything else that you get with age. Experience does come with age. What doesn't come with age is the experiences you have. You can not determine what you will go through but you hope whatever it is that you learn from it, whether it be good or bad.

An then I realizes I was talking to a 19 year old with a Z who pays $200 for liability insurance........ You can blame the cops all you want but at the end of some day in the future you will realize that it's not poor pitiful you. Not everyone is out to get you. You bring these negative "experiences" on your self.

Hell maybe you won't learn, maybe it will always be poor pitiful you. I'm leaning more towards this the more I type.

Last edited by j3tt2; 02-07-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Jah70

Wait a second, I missed the part about the insurance. 200 for liability?! Your getting raped dude lol. When I was looking into how much a Z for insurance would cost when I was at 19 it wasn't 200. I suggest you switch to Geico and save a bunch of money on your car insurance. It's so easy a caveman can do it. Whoever you have as your car insurance you are not in good hands.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:59 AM
350Z Project X

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bmyles
What? Idiots crash Ferraris and other exotics all the time, which have race suspension from the factory. Has nothing to do with it.
your comparng a ferrari to a Z, there is no comparison there. yes Z suspension is good, but its not like a ferrari or Lambo

Quick Reply: Bad luck for this Z driver