Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

auto body rant/share your stories

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 07:24 PM
Sarahs350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmShiftinZ
"Man that sucks can't you file a lawsuit? Honestly if you really felt like it you could get your car fixed. "

I have done some research on the legal part of this and have found
out that if a defendnt cannot be found or ignores all request/summons
to appear the court would award me a default judgment.

now that being said, it's still the reponsiblity of the plantiff not the
court to physically collect the payment owed.

Which would really resolve nothing if he can't be found. I ran across
on the bbb site that they tried to go after him for another person and
were unable to locate him. His shop is empty and all signs were
removed last time I went by there. His website and phone dont work
either.

It sucks ya, Im kinda over it for the most part, though I'm really
looking forward to going shopping for a newer z 07/08 in a diff color
once I finish rounding up some used oem exhaust pieces to take my
nismo catback off the 05 before getting rid of it.
I see. It's really sad to see that happen to people honestly glad you're looking on the bright side of things and moving on I'm sure someone will paint that car up real nice one day and make it look pretty again good luck with your search!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:38 AM
818dbz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate taking my car anywhere.. I always feel like they r gonna mess up my car and then rip me off
Old 02-15-2013, 05:47 PM
fordmustanglove

Some dude with a tacostand thing on the back of his truck reversed into my right quarter panel. luckily nothing too bad of damage, so I took it to Sewel collision thinking it will be a quick fix.

After a month waiting on a tail light they accidentally broke off during de-assembly (how they did that i don't know) they finally start repairing the quarter panel. Well during one of my many visits to the shop I asked them if they were going to blend the new paint with the old. They said "no, we dont blend cause its hard to match 8 year old paint". I tell them this is a garage kept low mile car and suggest they at least detail (buff, polish, wax) the rest of the car as to closely match the new paint. They grudgingly agree after I call the GM and inform them that I'm not satisfied.

...3 weeks later....

They then call me for final expection and tell me the car is ready, so I point out a few flaws like compound on the weather stripping, and the gas cap lid not being aligned right. Then i pull on the side skirt and boom, it falls off! I didn't yell but told them that is beyond lazy and to fix these issues. The service adviser assures me all will be well tomorrow.

The following day, i wake up to a voice mail from a nervous sounding adviser. I call and he informs me that one of the employees crashed my car in the service area. Supposedly they drove my car from one shop to another dealership and the incident happened there. Irate, I asked who gave them permission to drive my car on public roads , and use my insurance in case of a accident occurring. They agree to use their insurance and fixed my car another 2 weeks later.

Moral of the story? take a body shop class and save yourself the trouble

Last edited by fordmustanglove; 02-15-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:54 PM
jmShiftinZ

ya fordmustanglove srry the tacostand got ya but from the time you
dropped your car off until the time all the bs was over with and you got
your ride back must of seemed like forever.

"After a month waiting"
"...3 weeks later...."
"The following day"
"nervous sounding adviser"
"another 2 weeks later"

So much wasted time on alot of these autobody situations simply
because they just didn't do it right the first time. They cause more work
for themselves and make the customer more likey to spread a bad rep
about their shop.

Last edited by jmShiftinZ; 02-17-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:02 AM
derekinthez

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A-1 Customs (Watkinsville, GA), owner Eddie. Stay away!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:33 AM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/the-lounge-...0z-ruined.html

Not all shops are equal in skill and talent. Be careful where you take your car for body work.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:26 AM
Sarahs350Z

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
https://my350z.com/forum/the-lounge-...0z-ruined.html

Not all shops are equal in skill and talent. Be careful where you take your car for body work.
Yeah I saw that. That is horrible work!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:28 AM
Sarahs350Z

Originally Posted by fordmustanglove
Some dude with a tacostand thing on the back of his truck reversed into my right quarter panel. luckily nothing too bad of damage, so I took it to Sewel collision thinking it will be a quick fix.

After a month waiting on a tail light they accidentally broke off during de-assembly (how they did that i don't know) they finally start repairing the quarter panel. Well during one of my many visits to the shop I asked them if they were going to blend the new paint with the old. They said "no, we dont blend cause its hard to match 8 year old paint". I tell them this is a garage kept low mile car and suggest they at least detail (buff, polish, wax) the rest of the car as to closely match the new paint. They grudgingly agree after I call the GM and inform them that I'm not satisfied.

...3 weeks later....

They then call me for final expection and tell me the car is ready, so I point out a few flaws like compound on the weather stripping, and the gas cap lid not being aligned right. Then i pull on the side skirt and boom, it falls off! I didn't yell but told them that is beyond lazy and to fix these issues. The service adviser assures me all will be well tomorrow.

The following day, i wake up to a voice mail from a nervous sounding adviser. I call and he informs me that one of the employees crashed my car in the service area. Supposedly they drove my car from one shop to another dealership and the incident happened there. Irate, I asked who gave them permission to drive my car on public roads , and use my insurance in case of a accident occurring. They agree to use their insurance and fixed my car another 2 weeks later.

Moral of the story? take a body shop class and save yourself the trouble
Moral of the story? Also do your research on a body shop and make sure they have good reviews so you don't end up kicking yourself in the *** afterwards like me.

So does your car look alright again after this whole ordeal?
Old 02-21-2013, 07:42 PM
Sarahs350Z

so after a month the car is finally back and it looks like it used to.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:08 PM
J 0 K 3 R

Originally Posted by Sarahs350Z
Moral of the story? Also do your research on a body shop and make sure they have good reviews so you don't end up kicking yourself in the *** afterwards like me.
So does your car look alright again after this whole ordeal?
Research is good, word of mouth is good. But they.all cut corners. Its not there car, they dont care. The owner of the shop never works on it, and his hourly paid workers want it.done and dont care about the reputation.
Last time i drifted over a curb i got.it repaired and they lost my front bumper shroud bolts and plasic fasteners and used whatever was around. All mismatched. And painted my sideskirts fasteners. Not huge deals but just stupid.
Howerever they were sopposed to roll my rear fenders after ther paint, and they did it before and cracked the new paint when they rolled em. I called my insurance, they talked to em, and the shop fixed it, because at that point the shop owner knew about it and also wanted it fixed correctly. It is a great shop! But some of their workers obviosley suck. Those workers wont last. And i take my car to shows and meets, so i need it perfect.

Last edited by J 0 K 3 R; 02-21-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:46 PM
J 0 K 3 R

Damn i just read about mustanglove's car. Good luck man. I always feared that would happen. Thats why im extremely clear that the car is not allowed to leave the lot for anything. They like to drive the cars to alignment shops, eff that.
Last time i got my oil changed the mechanic tried to drive the car around the block, i quickly walked in front the car just before it was about to pull out on the street, with my arms out i said where do you think youre going?" he replied "just a quality check, its cool i will be carefull thats my car over there." as he pointed to a riced out integra pos. I think i said hell f@#%n no! Well he got out and i drove away.
Dont let 'mechanics' walk all over you be firm.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:40 PM
350zsunshinefl

Nothing with my Z thank god "knocks on wood, but I have a story about my s2000 repair;

Had a minor fender bender (front driverside fender), long story short I specifically told the shop (recommended by Allstate) not to use any bondo and all new parts;
I then showed up unannounced about a week into the repairs, what do I see? my car with some aftermarket fender and half of it was sculpted out of bondo because it wouldn't align properly!!
Not only that, the hood had a 2" gap on the left side the day I picked it up, the guy who worked on it was trying to tell me it's normal, when even a bystander who worked at the shop agreed with me that it's off, left the car there came the next day... find out they only replaced one headlight because a new assembly is 1k.... one headlight looked brand new one looked older.
Anyways after coming to look at the car another 4 times I kept finding something wrong, finally I accepted the car (even though it still wasnt %100 and traded it in for a Z)

Lesson here;
A. don't get in any car crash in florida because you won't get a diminished value claim
B. 95% of shops will do a half *** job, never go to an insurance recommended shop
C. Never accept the keys until the car is truly finished,
Old 04-03-2014, 10:00 PM
derekinthez

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nowadays going to the insurers recommended
Shop may be your best bet, because the insurer
Will put the screws to the shop for you
If its not right. Just say, "bad faith" to your
Insurer and they'll get hopping on that
Shop for you. Guarantee ya!
Old 04-04-2014, 04:38 PM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That looks like really shitty work
Old 04-05-2014, 02:27 PM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Craftsman Auto body? They ought to rename the business Crapman Auto Bodgers. That is one hell of a scabby job and how the hell they had the nerve to present it to you in that god-awful condition, well, words fail me.