Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Opinions on looking at peoples' cars?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 08:07 AM
zaimer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked_Z
Yeah, i dont care who looks at my car but DONT EVER touch it!!!
I bought a brand new 2013 Chrysler 300 and drove it to friends house.. I came out and found a guy and girl making out while he had her pushed up against my fender.. I mean really, you have the nads to just walk up and lean on a brand new car that isnt yours? I blame the parents for never teaching their kids respect for someone elses property..
Yes, exactly! 100% ok with people looking. Just don't touch it! I realize our cars are not exactly "rare" or "exotic" but its disrespectful to touch something thats not yours (especially without permission). Isn't that one of the first things we learned as kids? end rant.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:23 AM
timeltel

Received 177 Likes on 123 Posts

Regards, go7roo7: Your account make me reflect. Several years ago I observed an elderly gentleman looking through the open windows of my '08 base. Hands clasped behind his back, he stayed a foot or more away from any surface.

If he had stayed until I'd finished lunch I would have enjoyed the opportunity of listening to his experiences. He appeared to be in his mid-seventies and I'm sure they would have been informative as he demonstrated the etiquette appropriate of one who appreciated respect for another's property.

The car draws the usual comments, mostly variations of "how fast?". I consider his simple inspection the highest compliment given in the five years I've owned the Z. Other than wash/wax, I expect the car to remain untouched, myself included.

https://my350z.com/forum/350z-colors...aro-red-6.html

Peace,
Old 04-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Tazrek

I don't people looking at my car but it does get annoying if they start to touch and or push their face onto the glass to try and look in.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:01 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Same as everybody else, I don't mind my car being looked at but if anybody touches it I will flip out. Some people have no respect.

However, I do sometimes get a good laugh using the panic button on people that get a little too close to it. My friend has it the best on his SRT-8 since he has a train horn hooked up. Scares the living crap out of people.

Last edited by SQuaLZ; 04-25-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:04 AM
HanoverZ

I came out from the bank once and a guy was standing in the middle of the busy street taking pictures of my car. He didn't say a word as I got in and it was awkward as hell.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:08 AM
SQuaLZ

Originally Posted by HanoverZ
I came out from the bank once and a guy was standing in the middle of the busy street taking pictures of my car. He didn't say a word as I got in and it was awkward as hell.
That is weird. I usually don't drool over people's cars (I guess I don't want to gas their heads up) but if I get caught, I will tell them they have a nice car.

I get mad when people hover around my car, especially kids, but secretly inside I love the attention my Z gets haha.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:52 AM
Z33Garage

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by timeltel
Regards, go7roo7: Your account make me reflect. Several years ago I observed an elderly gentleman looking through the open windows of my '08 base. Hands clasped behind his back, he stayed a foot or more away from any surface.

If he had stayed until I'd finished lunch I would have enjoyed the opportunity of listening to his experiences. He appeared to be in his mid-seventies and I'm sure they would have been informative as he demonstrated the etiquette appropriate of one who appreciated respect for another's property.

The car draws the usual comments, mostly variations of "how fast?". I consider his simple inspection the highest compliment given in the five years I've owned the Z. Other than wash/wax, I expect the car to remain untouched, myself included.

https://my350z.com/forum/350z-colors...aro-red-6.html

Peace,
Great looking Z, mine is pretty much stock ( just exhaust and spacers) but when I clean her up and park, people still tend to look at it alot. Granted I dont like parking in front of starbucks or anyplace like that, since I do live like 3 miles from UCF, and these kids drive dumb. Ditto, outside of a drop and power mods, I plan to keep the car as is as well.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:25 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mrsparco wrote earlier what I was thinking about people looking at the Z. Back in 2003, people would come over and look at my 2003 Z. In 2013, not many lookers but the ones that do say my car is 'clean'.

Anyhoo, I had a guy leaning on the passenger door of my Sequoia at the local Zoo last week. He saw me walk up and I asked him if he owned the car or did I (jingling my keys at him). He quickly got off the car and his wife scolded him for leaning on my car lol. People these days do not respect property that isn't theirs. Young or Old I see this happening a lot around me.

Looking is ok, but looking doesn't equal touching.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Golden_Armz

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

no need to be ignorant and start yelling at people. just tell them they need to stop touching the car.... im sure they didnt mean to blatantly disrespect the owner. some people just lack common sense. now if it was some young punk *** kids being stupid, they deserve a good lashing... lol

Last edited by Golden_Armz; 04-25-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:19 PM
srtr

I don't see our cars as old.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:15 AM
mann185

I am a high school teacher and my Z always gets looked at every single day after school. I am always one of the first teachers to sign out and get in their cars (before the students are allowed to leave the school buildings).

So, it's usually within the three minutes of heating up the engine that students finally got out and walk past my car and take a glance at her. One day, I decided to stay back a little while and watch from a distance how they would act when I'm not in the car. I was worried when group after group of students stopped by and checked out on her (no touching though).

I could use this as motivation for them. Whenever we have free time in class and a student says something nice about my Z, I tell them that they too can get whatever car they want if they do good in school and take teachers advice. It's a bit silly IMO but I'm not a good counselor, so that's the best thing I can do when it comes to giving advice.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:33 AM
blue350zed

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Back in '03, I used to get it alot. Even though the Z is aged a bit, my '07 is riced out enough that it draws alot of attention ( mostly from haters unless I'm with the local Z club ). I don't ever take it anywhere that I can't keep an eye on it now anyway. Stays in the garage most of the time...
Old 04-26-2013, 05:42 AM
SQuaLZ

Originally Posted by blue350zed
Back in '03, I used to get it alot. Even though the Z is aged a bit, my '07 is riced out enough that it draws alot of attention ( mostly from haters unless I'm with the local Z club ). I don't ever take it anywhere that I can't keep an eye on it now anyway. Stays in the garage most of the time...
Yea 620whp is totally rice. If your car is rice, I'll be a ricer anyday lol.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:03 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

I have limo tint in the front, I find it hilarious when I'm pakred and people cup their hands on my window to look in when I'm still sitting in the driver seat...
Old 04-26-2013, 09:39 AM
smokescreen

Originally Posted by Syner
I have limo tint in the front, I find it hilarious when I'm pakred and people cup their hands on my window to look in when I'm still sitting in the driver seat...
that's happened to me countless times. there were kids standing by my car, trying to peek in the windows, so i used the key fob window switch and it scared the crap out of them.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

Look all you want, just keep your hands off it. Some lady tried sitting on my dad's motorcycle while it was parked so her friend could take a picture. Luckily my dad who was hanging out outside and nearby was nice enough to tell her to fck off before she burned her leg and/or her dress caught fire. I know girls my age (mid 20s) that have also done this. It pisses me off because you know if they knocked the bike over or something they'd just be like whooooooops and scurry away giggling.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:23 AM
PikachuZ

I dont mind it but I try to follow a look but dont touch policy and would expect others to have the same respect for my car.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:15 AM
angelo350z

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PikachuZ
I dont mind it but I try to follow a look but dont touch policy and would expect others to have the same respect for my car.
Exactly.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:35 AM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have orange seats, so I get a lot of people stopping to peek in my window. At least, I assume that's what they're looking at since everything else is just poorly painted black plastic.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:56 AM
abarclay

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

It's difficult to stop people from looking when you're rimmed up with a killer system.

Quick Reply: Opinions on looking at peoples' cars?