Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Opinions on looking at peoples' cars?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 10:13 PM
djjsarai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 08 Nogaro Red and it gets looks where ever I go. I live in colorado and I know there are many z's here, but people act like they have not seen many. When I walk out of a store or from work, I'll find someone looking at it or taking pictures a lot of times. I don't mind it, I also even let people in it from time to time just to check it out.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:04 AM
Jah70

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

My cars are like strippers, no touching. I remember some random drunk chick laid down on my car and started posing for a facebook pic with her bird brain friends. I raised hell and told them to get the f*** up off the car.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:27 PM
DarkCreep

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

lol you guys act like your cars are made of pure gold.

I found hand prints on my windows last week, but thats because some punk wanted to break into it. I have absolutely nothing in my interior so the thief just broke into my co workers car and stole misc. crap.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

simple answer: don't take nice cars to bars. too many idiots, drunken ones, at that.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:09 AM
Tuco

Is kind of the nature of the beast owning these types of cars.
I agree with the look don't touch thing though. As thats the way I was brought up.
As much as I love to drive a sports car, I hate they are ahole magnets.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:03 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

I was at the zoo one time and saw a guy stick his finger in his mouth to get it wet and then wrote "WASH ME" across the door of a dirty black RX-7 (the nice kind). I said, "dude, you just cost the owner of that car about $100 for a detail job." He looked like he was about to pee his pants and then started to apologize to me profusely. I think he thought I was the owner of the car (I'm a big guy). I told him that he might as well have scratched those words in with sandpaper and obviously the guy was proud of his ride because it was tricked out with some nice wheels and an exhaust. He kept apologizing and apologizing. I told him he didn't need to apologize to me, but maybe in the future, he could stop and think and not be such a douchebag. So he pulls out his wallet and sticks a couple twenty dollar bills under the car's wipers. My reaction to this was to say "f-ing unbelievable" and I walked away (to my clean black Mitsubishi Eclipse).

The whole scene amused my wife considerably.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:22 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^good for you looking out for that guys FD.

There is no respect anymore for peoples property.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:00 PM
zaimer

Originally Posted by DarkCreep
lol you guys act like your cars are made of pure gold.

I found hand prints on my windows last week, but thats because some punk wanted to break into it. I have absolutely nothing in my interior so the thief just broke into my co workers car and stole misc. crap.
We're not acting like our cars are pure gold . I don't care if I'm driving a $500 POS, people have NO business touching other people's cars.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:01 PM
zaimer

Originally Posted by Entaille
simple answer: don't take nice cars to bars. too many idiots, drunken ones, at that.
I agree, I usually never take the Z to the bars. This was in the afternoon so I figured there wasn't as big of a risk
Old 05-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Jah70

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by zakmartin
I was at the zoo one time and saw a guy stick his finger in his mouth to get it wet and then wrote "WASH ME" across the door of a dirty black RX-7 (the nice kind). I said, "dude, you just cost the owner of that car about $100 for a detail job." He looked like he was about to pee his pants and then started to apologize to me profusely. I think he thought I was the owner of the car (I'm a big guy). I told him that he might as well have scratched those words in with sandpaper and obviously the guy was proud of his ride because it was tricked out with some nice wheels and an exhaust. He kept apologizing and apologizing. I told him he didn't need to apologize to me, but maybe in the future, he could stop and think and not be such a douchebag. So he pulls out his wallet and sticks a couple twenty dollar bills under the car's wipers. My reaction to this was to say "f-ing unbelievable" and I walked away (to my clean black Mitsubishi Eclipse).

The whole scene amused my wife
considerably.
So....you didn't take the 20 bucks? Lol I would of acted like I was to owner too.