Sponsored by:

Why are we so hard on each other?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 10:35 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

*takes free coupon*

I think it's the best way to keep everyone in check! Plus if you like a mod or a certain style more power to you....now if you change suddenly after ridicule...you might want to check yourself as a person.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:58 AM
WeightLimit

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I could use a free hug or two
Old 01-16-2014, 01:49 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,291 Likes on 1,651 Posts

Well, I'm sure it has been mentioned but..... The 350Z was once more of an adult car, and more adult mods were being done to them while the civic kids were of doing china parts, slamming to the ground and doing spray paint mods to their civics. Then the Z came down in price to where the civic kids that were slowly moving up could afford one. A lot of us got accustomed to not seeing as much rice in out community.

Last edited by terrasmak; 01-16-2014 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Lost train of thought and posted to early.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:28 AM
Z33Garage

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Facebook is 100% worse than this. Why? Because that where all the kids run after being lit of fire for their lazy, " my car says I need blinker fluid" or " what turbo do I get" threads. And believe me, they post the same crap threads on FB as well. I still call them out on their BS when I see something that stupid being asked but there are a lot more " lets all be friends" to defend their stupidity. Also you gotta read the stupid diagnose posts people write in response to threads like " there's a noise in my Zs bottom part" or "my Z smells like rubber"....
Old 01-16-2014, 05:29 AM
350zchad

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

I think it;s the idea of society wussinfiying people, cant say anything bad about someone.. when I grew up we had a phrase called "sticks and stone may break my bones but name will never hurt me" GTFOI.. tired of all these "bullying" laws being passed.. grow a pair and get a backbone.. society will continue to degrade if we whine about every time your feelings are hurt.

Originally Posted by Gumby Gone Wild
What are you, some kind of soy loving pacifist or something? It makes me feel better about my shitty life when I tear other people's joy to pieces. I'm not happy till you're not happy, and your views are wrong because they aren't mine. Why? Well... I'm a shitty narrow minded human being. No way around it.

As the (two) yoots like to put it, Haters Gon' Hate..
No need to bring the liberals into this

Originally Posted by 07maximan
I have to be honest, I like this site but some of the members do tend to get nasty. There have been some questions I've wanted to ask or post but just wouldn't because things tend to get ugly. The big thing here is money...the way you are made to feel is that if you don't have a 2000.00 exhaust or 4000.00 in wheels, you're a tool. I make decent money but I just can't justify purchases like that. If you ask about some thing on the lower end of the spectrum you're called names and told to go to the Honda forums.... I think there are many issues on this forum that need to be addressed. Just my .02...
I black chromed my stockers and have gotten nothing but compliments everywhere they are seen and I didn't spend a fortune.

Most (NOT ALL) that spend a lot on there car.. don't own it (have loans) have no savings, whine when they have a 500 repair, have a small *****.

Originally Posted by JYoza
First off, I'd like to say thank you to everyone. It seems like this post is serving it's purpose that I intended. To bring people together and express how they feel. Some lean to the left, others lean to the right. Overall, at least we all are getting a feel. Personally, I can take a bashing (Police Officer in training) and can take stern comments from stern people. I just wanted to create a post and bring this topic to attention. It doesn't hurt to have a reminder that we are all people in the end. This post isn't suppose to serve as a cry for help. It simply it just to serve as a reminder, and as an attempt to limit the down right unnecessary comments I seen time and time again. I agree, if you come to the forum and post something without doing your homework or without any background info, you're just going to get a bunch of pissed of guys/gals on your tail. But those are the times where it is necessary. I'm talking about time where it is completely unnecessary. That is the main objective of this post.

However, at least we are all coming together as a community right now so that's exciting!

...and unfortunately I do not drive a Prius and I REALLY WANT A PORSCHE! XD

Best,
Justin
its unfortunate you dont drive that ghey little prius?

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Well, I'm sure it has been mentioned but..... The 350Z was once more of an adult car, and more adult mods were being done to them while the civic kids were of doing china parts, slamming to the ground and doing spray paint mods. A lot of us got accustomed to not seeing as much rice in out community.
true dat

Last edited by 350zchad; 01-16-2014 at 05:40 AM.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:38 AM
DanQ

Received 227 Likes on 171 Posts

I think you get what you give to a degree. I've seen multiple threads where OP asks something that has been covered rather than do a search. And then immediately become argumentative with anyone who comments. Once the "first punch" is thrown, it's on.

And sometimes I've seen that the "first punch" has been thrown by veteran owners, who have spent years and lots of hard earned money trying to learn what is right for these machines. So in that light, they may be trying to "protect" their investment.

I've always felt more welcome here than on some sites I frequent. And when I've posted questions or comment I haven't seen any undue hazing or hostility, even when I poked fun at myself for owning an automatic 350Z. And with that being one of the more heated topics on this Forum, no one became argumentative or overly insulting.

So I say take it all with a grain of salt. The 350Z is not a new car. There are not a lot of "breakthroughs" taking place with it, so most topics have already been beaten to death. My counter point to that, just as I say on multiple other Forums, if discussions and new interest are going to continue, the veteran owners should be a little more tolerant when a topic comes up that has been discussed before. Especially if it's well thought out and worded. Even if all you do is point the OP in the direction to search (the search on these VBulletin type forums does leave a bit to be desired).

All in all I think it comes down to "respect begets respect."

Have a great day all
Old 01-16-2014, 05:46 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by pyshin
P.S. - I wish mods never deleted the home-made supercar thread with the con-artist and his gf... that was pretty spectacular.
Originally Posted by Jah70
lmfao I remember that thread hahaha. The op from that thread had his girlfriend make an account to back him up lmfao and dug him into a deeper hole.
Originally Posted by oldschool350z
I never saw that
Originally Posted by Jah70
Oh dude you missed a gem of a thread lol hopefully the mods put it in the most epic threads section lol. It was priceless.
And Halleck posted the GF's Instagram. Comedy gold ensued.

Originally Posted by 1973camarolt
Almost every post I see from some members (pyshin, SR71, etc.) is a negative one. Maybe I'm wrong, but I like being nice. It's too much work to get angry and make derisive comments. Watch me get flamed now.
You forgot my name, fkr.

Originally Posted by travlee9374
i got slammed a couple of times when i first joined.... but i was lazy and didnt read or search, i didnt lose any sleep over it
This. Seriously.

If someone is offended by a random comment, from a random individual on the internet, they have serious issues. How do they hold down jobs if they run crying from the slightest criticism and/or ridicule?

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
I don't discriminate. I hate everyone.
Too much negativity, I'm leaving (hot Velma made you come back though, didn't she?)
Old 01-16-2014, 06:37 AM
booozy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol you think my350z is bad? go to zilvia
Old 01-16-2014, 07:58 AM
TuckerE36

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by stogey420time
I see members now who were regular forum noobs, now a mod - congrats to those btw.
Hmmmm KingBaby instantly comes to mind!

Originally Posted by Stayka
It's because deep down inside we all know we'd rather have porsche.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:45 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

time flies...
Old 01-16-2014, 08:59 AM
pyshin

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

Zilvia... LOL.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:08 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Don't think any site can be more **** than zilvia...
Old 01-16-2014, 11:12 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by KingBaby
Don't think any site can be more **** than zilvia...
False. Google "**** sites"
Old 01-17-2014, 10:17 AM
allshownogo

Originally Posted by JYoza
Hello All! Justin here. I've been a part of these forums for a little while now. Long enough for me to realize that the 350z community is really stern on other people's creations/posts. Thankfully, I have not been victim to these stabs but I just wanted to ask the Z community. Why are we so hard on each other? We all have beautiful pieces of machinery that both drive well and look great. How come when I sign on; I can't go a day without seeing one person bashing on another.

Now I'm not saying lets not give criticism toward other people. (Yes I have seem some pretty stupid things on here) However, that doesn't mean we can't give constructive criticism. If someone has a ridiculous spoiler that you can spot a mile away or some crazy color combination, why should we be the one to say it looks bad. Maybe in the owner's eyes and other individual's eyes it looks awesome. However can't we just say "Not too crazy about that color/spoiler..etc" instead of "What the heck were you thinking when you had that installed."

I don't know, maybe I'm just tooting my own horn and maybe I should just close the curtains before the rotten fruit begin to get chucked at me. I just believe it is important for the 350z to have have an awesome community backing up such an awesome car.

Well that's my two cents. Who even knows if I posted this in the right forum, but at least my thoughts are out there with the internet. Now let's go do some burnouts and have some fun with our cars!

Best,
Justin
nothing lasts forever. think about a fresh lawn and how eventually weeds take over. or how an awesome neighborhood eventually goes downhill bc of the quality of people that move in. same with this site. the problem is that the 350Z is becoming more and more affordable for kids and from there things go south with forums. you've got kids on this forum with no knowledge and big egos and when someone calls them out, they get super sensitive and that's how thread bashing begins.

i personally wont call someone out unless they give wrong info and try to justify that they are right.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:52 PM
a7x4life2005

Some people are going to be just plain rude. That is basic human nature. Always has been. Nowadays, it seems as though people are more easily offended online than they are in real life. Me personally, I find it hard to take offense to a hateful or negative comment from a total stranger that is most likely several states away sitting in front of a computer. When you post on here, you should remember that you are posting something to invite EVERY type of personality imaginable to read and respond to in their own words.

If you post and ask a previously answered question without reading the forum rules that clearly states "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION," I'm not saying you should expect to be flamed to the point that your ego would gladly volunteer for a castration with a rusty pair of scissors, but you should expect some attitude and sarcasm.

Attitudes, sarcasm, flaming, negativity, etc etc..is going to be encountered ANYTIME you interact with people in general. Why must some have to take it so personally though when it's online and from total strangers?
Old 01-17-2014, 05:19 PM
abarclay

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

Old 01-18-2014, 09:55 AM
stuartc323

LMFAO ^

That thread with the super car kit bs was comedic genus, i have never witnessed such a fail lolol

This thread however brings up an interesting point. We are all men here, well most of us. Me and my friends rag on each other all the time for stupid **** we do or say and i think that mentality is brought over here onto the forum.

Dont do stupid **** and you won't receive stupid comments. Asking if a pop charger will increase whp by 18 hp is a dumbass question and you deserve every bit of flaming because u did no research.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:14 PM
Jah70

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

People are just having good fun. Btw, Stuart I'll be in LA and Santa Barbra on Monday and Tuesday. So far I'm loving California a little more than Florida and definitely more than boring CT.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:24 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Agreed....that's why I respect the guys on forums who stick around after the flaming...
Old 01-18-2014, 02:35 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,056 Likes on 6,521 Posts

Originally Posted by stuartc323
LMFAO ^

That thread with the super car kit bs was comedic genus, i have never witnessed such a fail lolol

This thread however brings up an interesting point. We are all men here, well most of us. Me and my friends rag on each other all the time for stupid **** we do or say and i think that mentality is brought over here onto the forum.

Dont do stupid **** and you won't receive stupid comments. Asking if a pop charger will increase whp by 18 hp is a dumbass question and you deserve every bit of flaming because u did no research.
^troof..... it makes 67.2348 hp

Quick Reply: Why are we so hard on each other?