Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Anybody have a problem with the interior door lock sticking?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 12:26 PM
jimster716

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody have a problem with the interior door lock sticking?

This happened to me this morning. I went to the post office, got out, closed the door fully, locked the doors by remote, did my business, came back out, unlocked by remote, and tried to open the door. The door wouldn't open and i tried the remote a few times. Had to go the passenger side, open that door, and manually push the lock at the driver side interior door handle. The interior door lock seemed to have been stuck in the middle twen lock and unlock. Nothing was caught like the seat belt or anything.

Wouldn't have been a big deal but this happened before with the passenger side.

Both times kind of walk away scratching my head wondering if this is the type of thing people complain about with Nissans...the Z is my first nissan.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:11 PM
simply333

This is my 2nd Nissan & have yet to have a prob w/ the 350Z. I belong to some other Z forums & have not read any complaints regarding the door locks getting stuck.

Sorry I couldn't help, but don't get discouraged w/ your Z. It's definitely a great car!

simply_ZZZ
Old 01-31-2004, 07:04 PM
GreenE69s

did you try opening the door before the remote can unlock your door? this will cause the door to stay lock and repeated remote presses doesn't unlock the door until you arm the alarm again. this happens to me also, but like i said it's only because i try to open the door too soon.

can you use the key to unlock the door? if the key still sorks fine then it's not a problem. If it still stuck then you may have a problem.
Old 01-31-2004, 08:22 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

think theres a few problems in this thread.

first for dave079, you do have to hit unlock twice, the first time does the drivers side only, second opens the passenger side. its a safety feature, go out to your car at night, you might not want all your doors unlocked.

as for the origonal problem. you tried to open it before it was unlocked right? like at the same time? it will get stuck in the middle on either side. unlocking it again wont finish the job as it would in most cars. however locking it will reset it, and then unlock it once more; then your in. its happened a few times to me or the passenger, but never without the handle being pulled at the same time.
Old 01-31-2004, 08:40 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can change the settings, I THINK you do it by holding lock and unlock on the FOB for 3-5sec. then they should both unlock together when you hit unlock from then on.

cant say what other features this might change... might not honk when you lock it anymore. do it again to switch back.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:29 AM
hypersonicaz

Originally posted by ares
you can change the settings, I THINK you do it by holding lock and unlock on the FOB for 3-5sec. then they should both unlock together when you hit unlock from then on.

can't say what other features this might change... might not honk when you lock it anymore. do it again to switch back.
This only toggles the honk feature when locking the car.