Sponsored by:

I got the Z fever!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 03:32 PM
krash91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got the Z fever!!!

Hey guys, I'm new on here. Unfortunately I dont have a Z yet

However, I'm finally going to get my degree in about 1 year so I've been looking at buying a new toy. I first started looking at 370s and wow what a phenomenal car that is. I really cannot get over the rear end of it though. Something just doesn't flow quite right. Its a great looking car overall, but I always catch myself looking at Z33s with a big ol' smile on my face.

I'm hoping to pick up an HR Z33 to as a nice toy when I graduate. Currently I'm driving a '93 240sx convertible thats getting ready for boost in a few months. Anyway, just in here to learn about these awesome cars and look at your builds!
Old 03-04-2014, 03:52 PM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I wouldn't buy a z if you're just graduating.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:17 PM
krash91

I'm not buying anything right away. I've been looking at stuff recently though because I do need to acquire a reliable daily driver within a year or so... The 240 is great and all, I love it, but sometimes it'd be nice to own a car thats a bit more solid.

I was originally looking at Z32s, but I know that'd just turn into the same story as the 240 lol
Old 03-04-2014, 06:20 PM
08andawesome

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Everybody on here is a total complete *******. You won't get a straight answer. My advice is try a different forum.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:45 PM
ntwillie1

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Lol. Not everyone.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:46 PM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Welcome to My350Z.

Good luck with your graduation and search for a 350Z when you are ready.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:04 PM
IcanHaz

Originally Posted by 08andawesome
Everybody on here is a total complete *******. You won't get a straight answer. My advice is try a different forum.
Why do you think this? if you need any info on the z this forum is full of it. If you have a question search for it. More than likely the subject has been discussed numerous times over. If you asked a question that has been asked numerous times yeah people are going to be an ******* just because you have the information right in front of you. I believe the purpose of this forum is to add new information about the z, not reitterating old information 1000+ times.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:35 PM
krash91

To be honest I dont really have any questions that haven't been answered by this forum. I've been lurking for a LONG time haha. I'm not new to Nissans in any way, I've been a fan since I was like 10 years old

Mainly just came on to join in on the fun. I dont need any help with my desicions to by a car either, I can handle my finaces

I joined My350z because you guys seem to have the biggest community, every forum has its turds haha

Thanks for the welcome!
Old 03-04-2014, 08:02 PM
IcanHaz

Sorry for the rant lol but if you do have questions that have not been answered people will help you.

GL and welcome!
Old 03-04-2014, 08:34 PM
npr350z

Good choice on the getting the hr,take care of it. On your 240c, you have a Ka in it I take it?
Old 03-05-2014, 03:59 AM
Firebase99

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Whats your budget? Is this gonna be a DD?
Old 03-05-2014, 04:03 AM
sportyaccordy

Originally Posted by IcanHaz
Why do you think this? if you need any info on the z this forum is full of it. If you have a question search for it. More than likely the subject has been discussed numerous times over. If you asked a question that has been asked numerous times yeah people are going to be an ******* just because you have the information right in front of you. I believe the purpose of this forum is to add new information about the z, not reitterating old information 1000+ times.
There are more posts here telling people to search than actually answering question. I would bet most of the *******s screaming "SEARCH" don't actually know anything... they never answer questions or post links to the **** they claim is so easy to search for. Not to mention the search here is horrible... I have better luck with Google

If the info here is so great... close the tech forums or forbid people from asking questions. Or if the info is so easy to find, when someone answers a question, mods should post a link to the answer and close the thread. Then it will easier to look for, instead of countless threads asking questions with no answers

The best way to use this forum is to never register here.... just search it through Google.... actually trying to interact with people here is no go, it's very cliquey, needlessly confrontational and hierarchical.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:01 AM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by sportyaccordy
There are more posts here telling people to search than actually answering question. I would bet most of the *******s screaming "SEARCH" don't actually know anything... they never answer questions or post links to the **** they claim is so easy to search for. Not to mention the search here is horrible... I have better luck with Google

If the info here is so great... close the tech forums or forbid people from asking questions. Or if the info is so easy to find, when someone answers a question, mods should post a link to the answer and close the thread. Then it will easier to look for, instead of countless threads asking questions with no answers

The best way to use this forum is to never register here.... just search it through Google.... actually trying to interact with people here is no go, it's very cliquey, needlessly confrontational and hierarchical.
Sportyaccordy, welcome to the internet.

The members on this board are more than happy to help with questions, but if one fails to even try using the search function (which works completely fine), they're not going to hold your hand the entire way. If an Admin/Mod chimes in, they will usually always point you in the right direction. You need to have thick skin on the web -- there is a ton of sarcasm if you haven't noticed. Don't let it get to you and these forums are actually quite enjoyable.

Last edited by verdict.; 03-05-2014 at 05:02 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:06 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,292 Likes on 1,652 Posts

Have you read some of the easily searched questions, is it possible to install 06 headlights on my 0X, is there anything need to put 06 taillights on my 03, will these 10.5 +15 Enkei wheels fit, has anyone run this XXR or Varstroen wheel, will I need a roll, has anyone tried Raceland coilovers etc etc.

OP , easily search, some of us understand that the target search word is a pita to figure out from time to time. Read a little and feel free to ask questions.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:12 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,059 Likes on 6,523 Posts

Originally Posted by verdict.
Sportyaccordy, welcome to the internet.

The members on this board are more than happy to help with questions, but if one fails to even try using the search function (which works completely fine), they're not going to hold your hand the entire way. If an Admin/Mod chimes in, they will usually always point you in the right direction. You need to have thick skin on the web -- there is a ton of sarcasm if you haven't noticed. Don't let it get to you and these forums are actually quite enjoyable.
he has been complaining for a while, but still comes bac
Old 03-05-2014, 05:20 AM
Landon_G03z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol.. ^someone started a noob thread and got flamed. Just brush it off and look around a little bit next time.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:33 AM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Old 03-05-2014, 06:11 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Welcome, OP. It sounds like you know exactly what you want and you've done a fair amount of research. Best of luck finding the car you're looking for.

As for you two muppets:

08 - you came on here b*tching from your first post. If you tried being a pleasant part of the community, you still would have been ribbed, but you wouldn't have been completely shunned.

Sporty - you're as dumb as they come. "Don't go FI, turbos weigh too much" If you didn't spew complete bullsh*t and throw a hissy fit when you were called out, perhaps you would have been accepted as well.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:45 AM
Diode Dynamics
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum!

I'd hold on to the S13 as a DD and get a Z after you have your job and housing situation lined up.

I actually bought my 1995 S14 with my first bonus so I could have a less expensive DD car. Parts are sooo cheap!

Nick C.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:52 PM
sportyaccordy

Originally Posted by Syner
Welcome, OP. It sounds like you know exactly what you want and you've done a fair amount of research. Best of luck finding the car you're looking for.

As for you two muppets:

08 - you came on here b*tching from your first post. If you tried being a pleasant part of the community, you still would have been ribbed, but you wouldn't have been completely shunned.

Sporty - you're as dumb as they come. "Don't go FI, turbos weigh too much" If you didn't spew complete bullsh*t and throw a hissy fit when you were called out, perhaps you would have been accepted as well.
Where did I tell anyone not to go FI?

Quick Reply: I got the Z fever!!!