Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Bye Bye Z :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 02:42 PM
FstQban

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and not blame you for a hit and run. Though the populations opinion on that topic has been clearly stated. I do feel bad for your girlfriend, who you never even mentioned again in the story. If she was in fact bleeding that profusly, most cops would surely cut you a break. This leads me to question the story , though I have heard odder things happen.
In regards to your car, well, I also feel a great bit of pity fo rit. The impound guys are not legaly responsible for anything that happens to your car while it is their possesion. This leaves you high and dry, so I would try my best not to think of your car being abused by some jerk! And you are going to have to pay them for the storage!!!!!! OUCH!
Old 09-16-2002, 08:29 PM
roberto350z

failure to report to who? and they suspended your license without notifying you?

guys...lets say he and the lady squared the accident away and got everything all fixed up. Then the insurance company notifies the motorvehicles, then motorvehicles suspends without telling. THIS WOULD SUCK FOR ALL OF US, AND IT COULD HAPPEN! maybe
Old 09-16-2002, 08:38 PM
CPA
Charter Member #23

Default Phil Hendrie

You should call into Phil Hendrie's talkshow (AM Radio) - he would be able to help you out. Or, from the sound of your prob, you might be able to help him...
Old 09-16-2002, 08:59 PM
ksj

In WA it's a 6 year license. If you moved during the 6 year period of your license there is little chance that DMV would know where you currently lived. Do you know anyone who calls up or mails DMV with a change of address?

Mail forwarding only happens for ~6months, so yeah it could happen...

In any case, it may not have been the insurance company. If the other party filed a report and you didn't then I suppose you could get in trouble as well...

BTW, I'm not defending 3rd if it was an H&R. People who do that get what they deserve when they are caught imo.
Old 09-16-2002, 11:12 PM
ZZtopp

So what are you gonna do when you get your Z back...keep driving it with a suspended license??
Old 09-17-2002, 03:31 PM
3rdpower

Hey guys lol... you guys crack me up. Always ready to pass judgment and beat a guy up.

#1 - this wasn't a hit and run If it was for goodness sake I wouldn't be posting I'd be too flippin' ashamed to. This was a simple mix up.

#2 - I had some stupid suspensions a VERY long time ago (6 years) Back in those days I was a lot younger (in age and in maturity)

#3 - I'm not looking for sympathy... none of ya are my mommy and I'm not much of a blubber. I am simply sharing a sucky story... don't try and read into something that's not there.

#4 - My licenses is already unsuspended - it was a small issue that needed resolution.

#5 - I did take down the mileage - it's on the state impound form.

#6 - the window did split her finger open (the suckers dull but it did do it). She was bleeding and crying which does suck. It didn't chop her finger off or anything like that but my thought is since the window was only cracked slightly I pulled it up and it was a short enough difference between window and seal that it didn't do an "auto/safety" stop. Just a theory of course. She's okay now but her finger tip nerve is may possibly be damaged.

The tow owner told me he's going to put it in a garage. He does realize it could be a liablity because he actually "IS" responsible for the vehicle's safe keeping. I'm going to court this Friday and then hopefully the State Patrol will let my vehicle go. I need my vehicle for work and I'm totally screwed without it. I have to be to work by 6:00 AM.

Moral of the story - always follow up with accidents.
Again, I'm not looking for your sympathy I'm sharing a story. It's your option to provide feedback but please don't pass judgement on me. Mistakes happen - if you are living a perfect life go ahead and throw the first stone. Otherwise... remember when you made your last mistake.

Last edited by 3rdpower; 09-17-2002 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-17-2002, 05:31 PM
ToddLuc

I hope your girlfriend feels better soon. Those kinds of owies hurt bad!

BTW, if my wife had split her finger open and it was actively bleeding like that, I would have hauled *** to the hospital too.
Old 09-17-2002, 06:45 PM
Alang

I gave soemone a ride in my Z last weekend, and he asked about the auto up safety feature. I told him that I hadn't tested it yet, but if he wanted to stick his head in there I would give it a shot. AFter this story, I'm glad he declined the offer

Wouldn't that have been a ***** to clean up
Old 09-30-2002, 10:10 AM
cougah

To everyone who inquired about my finger, it is fine now. I have regained feeling in the tip. Now I don't know much about the car, but I believe that the pinch sensor on the window didn't work because my boyfriend was holding the control up so the window would go up, as opposed to tapping it up once and having the window go up on its own. I also think my finger busted open because of the combination of applied pressure of the window on my finger and me trying to pull it out of the crack.
Old 09-30-2002, 03:59 PM
roberto350z

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccc ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2002, 05:55 PM
ksj

Hey 3rd,

FYI - I just read an article about the Seattle impound law in this morning's Times. You might want to check it out.

Did you make a deposit to the lot for the impound charges? Sounds like it's necessary or they auction it really quickly. I'd hate for them to do that to your Z. The article is in the local news section and is on-line as well.
Old 09-30-2002, 06:43 PM
cougah

I guess I'll answer for 3rd since he hasn't already. Not only did he pay the deposite, but he paid the bill in full. One of the women at the impound lot office said that we're lucky we came down at that time because they were getting ready to auction the car. Yeah right! I would've raised hell!
Old 09-30-2002, 06:47 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Default Re: Bye Bye Z :(

Originally posted by 3rdpower
Sad story... but gotta tell it.

Sorry to hear that bro'........
Old 09-30-2002, 08:07 PM
donnyz

Originally posted by mav
DAMN man... sorry.

Maybe you should get a lawyer, like NOW. A car like that, being in the impound is NOT good. A few years back, a friend of mine had his highly modded Supra impounded. 30 days later, when he got his car back, it was trashed. Keyed up, dented, front mount intercooled was missing, seats were slashed up and BLOWN engine. The cops and towing company just said too bad and laughed. He ended up sueing and lost.

Whatever it takes, you NEED to get your car out of there.
I'm sure this makes him feel better. jk
Old 10-03-2003, 10:44 PM
Judge

Originally posted by Alang
I gave soemone a ride in my Z last weekend, and he asked about the auto up safety feature. I told him that I hadn't tested it yet, but if he wanted to stick his head in there I would give it a shot. AFter this story, I'm glad he declined the offer

Wouldn't that have been a ***** to clean up

Probably... but I doubt he would appreciate you calling him a *****

I know this thread is old but I couldn't resist
Old 10-04-2003, 08:45 AM
rouxeny

How the heck did you find this thread? It's been a year since the last post.

Just curious.
Old 10-04-2003, 08:50 AM
Dissolved

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hope your girl is ok too.

Another example of how the police protect us
Old 10-04-2003, 01:59 PM
Judge

Did a search under Stoptech
Old 10-04-2003, 02:06 PM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by nickdtm
The Z doesn't have a pinch sensor on the windows? I thought that was required with auto-up windows??
Yes, we have a VERY nice feature.

I've demostrated it MANY times... in no WAY could it begin to break skin.

Either a) this story is BS or b) you have a defective window...

If b) is the case I would get this car to a dealer ASAP.

Quick Reply: Bye Bye Z :(