2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Bye Bye Z :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2002, 10:34 AM
3rdpower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bye Bye Z :(

Sad story... but gotta tell it.

Last night I'm cruising to the Ocean in my Z. Well... I let off a lil "Z's first poot" and I roll down the window. My girl looks at me and says, "it's cold out there!" And I in turn proceed to roll up the windows. Sad thing is she had her finger in the damn window and let me tell you... those suckers are very powerful. It busted her finger right open and she started to bleed. So I pull over and notice she's in pain. I decide I'm going to jam to the next town before the ocean and since I have my radar detector no big deal right? WRONG. A cop is right ahead of me and I get hit so I push my brake pretty hard, unfortunately I was only able to slow down to 72 in a 60 zone.

So he pulls me and runs me in... long story short my license was suspend for failure to report an accident! I got into a lil fender bender and did a little ding to this ladys car like 1 year ago. So anyway, they tow my damn Z and tell me they are going to hold it for 30 days or some BS like that. So no Z until October 14th.

Needless to say I'm very sad today. That and the damn guy who put her on the flatbed reved the crap outtah the engine getting it on the ramp. He said he'd put it in a warehouse for me. I'm going to call down tomorrow and see if the are. I'm ordering the car cover anyway right now. Wow... sucky *** weekend.
Old 09-15-2002, 10:47 AM
fdao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope your GF is ok. What a freak mishap. Hang in there, your Z will come back to you soon .
Old 09-15-2002, 11:05 AM
Yuichi

Unhappy

Jesse,

I'm sorry to hear the news. Hopefully things will work out. I know how much of a Z fanatic you are to come to Japan and join me at the Tokyo Auto Show And how you placed your pre order before 2002. I might be bringing a small group to the NISMO festival this year maybe you can join us.

On a lighter note can Bill Gates pull some strings?

Best Regards!
Old 09-15-2002, 11:13 AM
rai

Um, what is the Z's first poot?

how come your girl didn't see/hear the window going up?
Old 09-15-2002, 11:24 AM
nickdtm

The Z doesn't have a pinch sensor on the windows? I thought that was required with auto-up windows??
Old 09-15-2002, 12:03 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by nickdtm
The Z doesn't have a pinch sensor on the windows? I thought that was required with auto-up windows??

The nasty **** farted in his Z, sounds like this was his punishment for doing it. JK, that actually sucks hardcore. U dont want those ****** at the impound lot driving it, more importantly u dont want to not have it.
Old 09-15-2002, 03:24 PM
ToddLuc

Default Re: Bye Bye Z :(

Originally posted by 3rdpower
So he pulls me and runs me in... long story short my license was suspend for failure to report an accident! I got into a lil fender bender and did a little ding to this ladys car like 1 year ago. So anyway, they tow my damn Z and tell me they are going to hold it for 30 days or some BS like that. So no Z until October 14th.
Sorry to hear about that! How come they impounded your Z? Couldn't your girlfriend take the Z for you?

Bad stuff,
Todd
Old 09-15-2002, 03:41 PM
Zmeflyby

oh dang man i feel for u
so how is ur gf...?
Old 09-15-2002, 03:48 PM
I want a 350Z

That sucks ***...
Old 09-15-2002, 09:31 PM
Subw00er

I think you got what you deserved for doing a hit and run.
Old 09-16-2002, 11:08 AM
Sanderman

Default If I'm supposed to feel sorry for you....

...it isn't working.

Hit and run? Outstanding warrant? Lose your car?

You should lose a lot more.

joe
Old 09-16-2002, 11:51 AM
LA-Z

I am constantly amazed at how judgemental some of you guys are. Blows my mind, you have no idea of the circumstances, no idea of what really transpired, and yet here you are passing judgment. ******.
Old 09-16-2002, 12:01 PM
mav

DAMN man... sorry.

Maybe you should get a lawyer, like NOW. A car like that, being in the impound is NOT good. A few years back, a friend of mine had his highly modded Supra impounded. 30 days later, when he got his car back, it was trashed. Keyed up, dented, front mount intercooled was missing, seats were slashed up and BLOWN engine. The cops and towing company just said too bad and laughed. He ended up sueing and lost.

Whatever it takes, you NEED to get your car out of there.
Old 09-16-2002, 12:15 PM
barnicleboy
Banned

Man, not to be rude, but what the hell where you doing buying a Z, and driving around with your license suspended? Much less, speeding!

You were asking for it dude.. Im sympathize with you but you had it coming.
Old 09-16-2002, 12:17 PM
barnicleboy
Banned

Wait a minute, hit and run as well? Oh, scratch my sympathy line above. You need to learn some hard lessons.
Old 09-16-2002, 12:20 PM
barnicleboy
Banned

Originally posted by LA-Z
I am constantly amazed at how judgemental some of you guys are. Blows my mind, you have no idea of the circumstances, no idea of what really transpired, and yet here you are passing judgment. ******.
Yea lets turn this into a positive experience. Sorry but your post is not passing judgement on our comments?

I wonder what you would say if your car was the one that was hit and run?
Old 09-16-2002, 12:29 PM
ksj

Folks, I don't think he said it was a H&R, he said he got nailed for failure to report an accident.

That is what happens if you get in an accident and the damage is over some amount yet you do not report it. In this state if the damage is over $2500 (I think that's right) you must file a police report. Not the same thing as hit & run by a long stetch.

As for the impoundment, I think in this state, a car driven by someone with a suspened license gets the vehicle impounded. It also doesn't matter whose vehicle it is...
Old 09-16-2002, 12:50 PM
Wiley

Default Mileage

3rdpower, did you make a note of how many miles were on the car? I'd hate to think of the impound guys out there thrashin your Z around town.

Quick Reply: Bye Bye Z :(