Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Car went in for TSBs today and ??? (help)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 06:37 AM
JeepRage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car went in for TSBs today and ??? (help)

Ok, just dropped my car off today to have the Bose amp recall done, my CD player checked out (its skipping) and a check up to make sure my new tires are doing OK.

My vin ends with 7008 i believe (car at shop, not with me), April build date. From what I have seen, this covers the AMP recall range on my Touring. Dealer stated that my car was not included, although the range may cover my car, my VIN was not. Can anyone confirm this?? Should I take apart my car and read the AMP model # to make sure its not the TSB one? Do you have the old #? All I know is my car still sounds like sh*t weather its the better amp or not.

CD wont skip now, can't do anything about it, and they say tires are fine. What a useless trip. Told them not to touch the window grease, SURE that will cause more problems than its worth.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:58 AM
Boomer

Default Re: Car went in for TSBs today and ??? (help)

Originally posted by JeepRage
Ok, just dropped my car off today to have the Bose amp recall done, my CD player checked out (its skipping) and a check up to make sure my new tires are doing OK.

My vin ends with 7008 i believe (car at shop, not with me), April build date. From what I have seen, this covers the AMP recall range on my Touring. Dealer stated that my car was not included, although the range may cover my car, my VIN was not. Can anyone confirm this?? Should I take apart my car and read the AMP model # to make sure its not the TSB one? Do you have the old #? All I know is my car still sounds like sh*t weather its the better amp or not.

CD wont skip now, can't do anything about it, and they say tires are fine. What a useless trip. Told them not to touch the window grease, SURE that will cause more problems than its worth.
The TSB for the early cars targeted models with VINs less than 6000, over 10,000 of them since there were 2 sets. One was T005000+ and the other was 0005000+. The difference was an optional equipment difference, side curtain airbags if I remember correctly. The upgrade amp that works ends in 400E, so don't tell your dealer to replace because of the TSB, just say its crap and the amp that works is 400E, not 400D. You are still under warranty, correct? If you are, tell NNA the dealer isn't cooperating on getting you the amp you need. Only do this if the dealer won't fix your problem after this. Use this site to tell him where you got the info.

Last edited by Boomer; 02-03-2004 at 07:01 AM.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:25 AM
JeepRage

Default Re: Re: Car went in for TSBs today and ??? (help)

Originally posted by Boomer
The TSB for the early cars targeted models with VINs less than 6000, over 10,000 of them since there were 2 sets. One was T005000+ and the other was 0005000+. The difference was an optional equipment difference, side curtain airbags if I remember correctly. The upgrade amp that works ends in 400E, so don't tell your dealer to replace because of the TSB, just say its crap and the amp that works is 400E, not 400D. You are still under warranty, correct? If you are, tell NNA the dealer isn't cooperating on getting you the amp you need. Only do this if the dealer won't fix your problem after this. Use this site to tell him where you got the info.
Thanks, now only if YOU worked at the dealer. I have 15k on the car, still under warantee. I was searching, but I dont see or remember where the amp is located. In the hatch area somewhere is it? If you could let me know, I will check the part # out.

Thanks again, Hall
Old 02-03-2004, 07:35 AM
pearl430
Banned

we are on the same boat

call NNA and complaints please

1 800 647 7261
Old 02-03-2004, 09:32 AM
Boomer

Default Re: Re: Re: Car went in for TSBs today and ??? (help)

Thanks, now only if YOU worked at the dealer. I have 15k on the car, still under warantee. I was searching, but I dont see or remember where the amp is located. In the hatch area somewhere is it? If you could let me know, I will check the part # out.

Thanks again, Hall
Its in the left back corner of the hatch area. You may want to do a search, some pictures were posted from the TSB showing exactly where it is located.
Old 02-03-2004, 05:51 PM
mpfstew

Default Re: Car went in for TSBs today and ??? (help)

Told them not to touch the window grease, SURE that will cause more problems than its worth.
That is probably a good idea. I had the window streak fixed on the passenger side. Since then my door has been ripped apart 5 more times and the motor/electronics have been replaced twice.
Old 02-04-2004, 01:00 PM
JeepRage

Default Re: Re: Car went in for TSBs today and ??? (help)

Well my visit went no where, I called the dealer back today after i VERIFIED i had the CD400 older amp. Same story, "car isnt in the vin range." After telling him it was by part # and build date, not VIN i was still making no progress. Asked him for the NNA # and called them. The guy didnt see TSB 03-087 listed, but listened to me, did some looking and found it. Told me I was right, and told him to call the dealer back to give him this mans person extension and reference # for my call to get this done.

Well i call my dealer back and tell him to call NNA. 45 mins go by, call him back, "been too busy to call, i will try later." Wait 15 mins, nothing, call other smaller dealer (where i got my car) and doesnt know of TSB 03-087 either, says they will look into it, order part, stop by next wed and they'll do it.

OK, so @$$ at first dealer calls back (another hour later), tried calling NNA no answer (BullSh*T) but "it doesnt matter because my car isnt in the VIN range." So I explain he is wrong NNA confirmed this, told him to look into TSB 03-087 instead of disregarding customers and in this case, was right. He continues to explain they cant do it because my car doesnt qualify by VIN and because I came in requesting it... Just didn't get the picture, and turns out my car DOES qualify by VIN, he just wouldnt look for TSB 087, only at 086 because it was in front of him. So I told him I will never go back to you and your dealer for anything, lost my business forever and set up an appointment at another dealer, hanging up while he still argued.

Sorry about the Bose and Dealer rant...
Old 02-04-2004, 01:28 PM
pearl430
Banned

now u know what thieves and nissan have in common
Old 02-04-2004, 01:30 PM
FairladyZ

NISSAN SERVICE SUCKS. end of story. Sh^t I have two Z's and they could could care less.