Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Clear Bra Costs

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 10:00 AM
gohorhay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear Bra Costs

I just purchased a 350z roadster 2 weeks ago and already have my first small chip on the bumper. I've heard some of the nightmares people are having with paint chips so I'm getting a clear bra.

I was quoted $450 installed on the 3M bra for the front bumper, headlights, and the front quarter of the hood. Is that a fair price? Anyone recommend any shops in SoCal and the Inland Empire?

Thanks for any help.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:21 AM
Bertg

Go here: http://www.xpel.com/products/default.asp - click on Installation, put in your Zip Code to find the installer closest to you. Good luck!
Old 02-05-2004, 11:35 AM
EL Diablo

Run a search. There's a great place that many of us SoCal owners went to. I forgot the name. It's in Torrance.
Cost me 300 out the door for front bumper and the headlights.

IMO The hood looks ugly with the 3M cuz you can clearly see the line. I didnt get it.
Old 02-05-2004, 11:56 AM
EnglishSteve

I just got the front bumper done and it cost me $270. I was quoted $550 for the bumper, hood, lights, fenders and mirrors.

I have noticed that rocks seem to hit either the bumper or the windshield, so I just got the bumper done. I may get the lights done as well though.
Old 02-05-2004, 12:07 PM
fuzion

El Diablo - I was fortunate that my car had the bra installed at the dealer before I bought it. It covers the front, lights, rear view mirrors and a quarter of the hood.

Just 2 days ago I went to wash my car and noticed a small hole in the bra on the hood. Thank god it was there or id have a fugly chip on my hood. Much better to look at a line rather then a crack/dent - imo, of course.
Old 02-05-2004, 12:11 PM
gohorhay

Thanks guys. I just got quoted $560 for bumper, full hood, and lights. This guy uses x-pel (avery dennison?) and says it looks better on the hood than 3M.

Just lights and bumper would be $360 out the door.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:30 PM
b3n84

Would it cost more to get the clear bra over an aftermarket body kit front bumper? It's made of Flexiglass and I heard a clear bra will protect it from cracking.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:50 PM
EL Diablo

Originally posted by b3n84
Would it cost more to get the clear bra over an aftermarket body kit front bumper? It's made of Flexiglass and I heard a clear bra will protect it from cracking.

The place I went to can custom cut the 3M bra material to fit just about any body kit. I am sure most experienced shops can do it.
they already had templates for some and said they could make
one for just about any car bumper. Mine was a 3M factory template for the 350Z.

I know a few guys with aftermarket front lips with a custom fitting
3M clear bra. They charged a little extra for it.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:06 PM
C5DEMON

I was lucky in the sense that I negotiated mine in for free. I picked up my new Z on Monday and the dealer quote was $599.00 for bumper, hood, and lights.

By the way, you can't see the line on the hood at all in white.
Old 02-05-2004, 04:55 PM
se-ex

Default Re: Clear Bra Costs

Originally posted by gohorhay
I just purchased a 350z roadster 2 weeks ago and already have my first small chip on the bumper. I've heard some of the nightmares people are having with paint chips so I'm getting a clear bra.

I was quoted $450 installed on the 3M bra for the front bumper, headlights, and the front quarter of the hood. Is that a fair price? Anyone recommend any shops in SoCal and the Inland Empire?

Thanks for any help.
Email Daniel at transparentbra.com. Prices usually vary based on the experience of the installer and his overhead. So a competent travelling installer will usually charge less than a competent installer with a fancy shop. But his price might be comparable to a beginner with a shop. Just keep in mind that the key is the installer. The material/kit and price is secondary. So first search for reputation and then price.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:00 PM
311roadster

Full Coverage 3m product, bumper, hood, mirrors, front sides and headlights-$460 in NC
Old 02-08-2004, 09:48 PM
krinkov

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also keep in mind that when it comes to skilled labor, price is relative. Its not like going across town to get the same TV at a different store to save a couple bucks. Just like getting a paint job, you can always find someone to do it for a couple bucks less

That said, Edre and Daniel at Envisage in Torrance(transparentbra.com from above) are very reasonably priced for the outstanding quality of their work and the reputation they keep on this forum and others. Tell them Jeremy from Invisiguard sent you, they'll take care of you!

Jeremy
Invisiguard@sbcglobal.net
Old 02-09-2004, 06:23 AM
Liberation

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Clear Bra Costs

Originally posted by gohorhay

Thanks for any help.

Anyone in the Baltimore/Washington area have this done? I was quoted $995 and I knew he was bugging! I was hoping for quotes around $500. Let me know!

One...Jas
Old 02-09-2004, 06:29 AM
EL Diablo

Originally posted by se-ex
Daniel at transparentbra.com.

Yeah thats the guy. They do very good work.
Just about every Z owner I know from SoCal had it installed by them.