Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Private sellers beware! SCAM on my350z

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 07:28 AM
350zHalleck

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SQuaLZ
You can request the shipment to be redirected to another address. Worked at a shipping warehouse for several years and dealt with USPS, UPS, and DHL. Never had a issue with it as long as it wasn't delivered by then. Of course you get charged for the redirection.

Sorry for your experience OP. This is why I only purchase and sell local. I sold and shipped a car part years ago and a simple sale became this huge problem where the person must have installed the part wrong and it "fell off the car" and demanded I refund the money. They put a claim into PayPal and it was really a big headache. After that said I would never buy or sell anything other than local.
Interesting. It was my understanding that only the receiver could change the delivery address once it was shipped.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:43 AM
ksuberk54

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I never post my number when I sell things on this site. I will give it out after I find someone when we agree to a price or after they send the paypal. I've sold a ton of things on this site and never had a problem. I'm actually in the process of purchasing an item on here from someone.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:51 AM
350zHalleck

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ksuberk54
I never post my number when I sell things on this site. I will give it out after I find someone when we agree to a price or after they send the paypal. I've sold a ton of things on this site and never had a problem. I'm actually in the process of purchasing an item on here from someone.

There are a lot of good people in this community I wouldn't think twice about doing business with. You just have to use some common sense.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:37 AM
Willis cabbage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol, the spammer has my brothers name... But he doesn't even have a car, it's not him. And he lives in fl
Old 09-10-2014, 02:21 PM
Unicus

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I've been in the online trading business for quite some time. I've overseen a lot of trades and have made many myself. There are ways that this never happens to where you have anything to worry about via Paypal and physical shipping orders.

Thanks a lot for posting, it helps to get scumbags like this publically noted, but many times they'll use dump phones and VPN's on their emails and web surfing anyway. To mods/admins, I highly suggest making a registry of all users who have attempted to scam my350z members here or on CL. Traders should search before dealing with anyone, it helps quite a bit on sites like these where high dollar value trades occur.

Last edited by SR71; 09-10-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:51 PM
redboostzed

Originally Posted by Unicus
There are ways that this never happens to where you have anything to worry about via Paypal and physical shipping orders.
Those would be?
Old 09-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Unicus

Originally Posted by redboostzed
Those would be?
I offered to post a guide, but a mod edited it out of my post. I suppose he doesn't want anyone knowing.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:22 PM
redboostzed

Well obviously its pretty important to the community. I'd post it regardless or post it elsewhere and post link here.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:23 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,046 Likes on 6,512 Posts

Well obviously its pretty important to the community. I'd post it regardless or post it elsewhere and post link here.
do you not see that his post was edited by sr71 (aka a mod)....
Old 09-10-2014, 05:26 PM
SR71
Lead Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 305 Likes on 166 Posts

I offered to post a guide, but a mod edited it out of my post. I suppose he doesn't want anyone knowing.
You can post the steps to your system here, what you can't do solicit anyone here or advertise for a business. That is what was removed from your post, the direction it was going in was a no no.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Unicus

See trav.

Originally Posted by SR71
You can post the steps to your system here, what you can't do solicit anyone here or advertise for a business. That is what was removed from your post, the direction it was going in was a no no.
I wasn't advertising for a business. I specifically said in the portion you removed that I'm not posting any links. I simply offered my copious online trading reputation for any mod who questioned my experience to post such a guide.
I don't know cars as well as I wish I did (but far on my way, been-a-studyin') but I know the online market and how to get around just about every scam in the book.

The point is, if I post it on this thread maybe 20 people would see it, that sort of defeats the purpose of writing something like that out.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:41 PM
Zesty

Originally Posted by 350zHalleck
I have a feeling there is a lot more to this story and the OP is holding details that would change things a bit. Just speculation but I'll bet it's not cut and dry.

I've never been able to stop a shipment once it has been dropped off. Ever. And I've tried. Ups, FedEx, USPS all say that once you drop off a package it doesn't belong to you. How did you get your wheels back if they had been shipped?
The wheels were on the truck on delivery to the destination through UPS. I called just in time to have the shipment canceled once I came to realize I was being scammed.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:50 PM
Zesty

I did not want to share too many details as this was a personal case that had my lawyer and bank involved.

I just wanted to aware sellers/buyers on this forum and anywhere on the internet about these lowlife scumbag scam artists who have nothing better to do. Please be careful and pay very close attention to details so this does not happen to you.

I have had very good experience buying from other members on this forum and I must've trusted my instincts too much on this one before doing my research.

I'm just glad I got my wheels and money back, but it wasn't easy
Old 09-11-2014, 05:01 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,046 Likes on 6,512 Posts

was his name anthony giambi by chance... ( i might have misspelled last name )
Old 09-12-2014, 06:50 AM
redboostzed

I'm prettyyyy sure that the number of people on this forum that do not want to get ripped on paysuck exceeds 20, friend. The info is valuable to your community. Keep the sales/link/business and all that aside so the mods don't cry, and just give us the tips. Thanks
See trav.

I wasn't advertising for a business. I specifically said in the portion you removed that I'm not posting any links. I simply offered my copious online trading reputation for any mod who questioned my experience to post such a guide.
I don't know cars as well as I wish I did (but far on my way, been-a-studyin') but I know the online market and how to get around just about every scam in the book.

The point is, if I post it on this thread maybe 20 people would see it, that sort of defeats the purpose of writing something like that out.

Last edited by redboostzed; 09-12-2014 at 06:51 AM.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:40 AM
Unicus

I'm prettyyyy sure that the number of people on this forum that do not want to get ripped on paysuck exceeds 20, friend. The info is valuable to your community. Keep the sales/link/business and all that aside so the mods don't cry, and just give us the tips. Thanks
Not the forum, but that would view this thread.

I'll post it on Sunday, that's my next day off.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:25 PM
WSchli1672

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good Information for all. Excellent Post. Glad you didn't get taken.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:53 PM
Going for broke

Real bummer was I thought I had these wheels bought over the Labor Day holiday. Was waiting on final shipping charges to be determined when I seen they were posted as sold. I just figured that someone local had came and purchased the wheels. I started searching for other wheels and actually had an offset/clearance question and texted the op. That's how I found out what happened because he said he still has the wheels. Sad thing is that now he doesn't want to ship wheels, so I have no wheels and he has no buyer.. A shame that people have to take advantage of others in an online community. Unfortunately had we firmed up details sooner this whole post would of been avoided and I'd be rocking some sweet wheels by now.