Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 02:46 PM
D@ActiveTuning

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do?

Alright here's the deal....I originally was planning to factory order a 2004 350Z. It would take about 2-3 months to arrive, but it would give me a pretty good amount of time to sell my car *SHAMELESS PLUG 03 3.5 Altima 5-Speed LOTS OF EXTRAS END SHAMELESS PLUG *. After selling my car, I was planning on putting $20,000 or a little more down on the Z and loan a little under $10,000.

BUTT, the dealership just called and said they found one exactly like I wanted in CT. They could have it to me basically right away...but I still have my car, as I was expecting to have a while to sell it.

So as my alternative, I can take the Z now, loan $30,000, 1st payment isn't due until 45 days..so I'd have 45 days to sell my car and basically pay off at least $20,000 of the loan.

My mom would have to co-sign this in order to make sure I can get the low interest (I don't have bad interested, just limited)....I talked to her, she doesn't really want to loan $30k...But I could still possibly convince her.

One of the upsides to getting the car now would be that I when I sell my car I have another car to drive right away. If I waited, I don't know exactly when my Z will arrive, so it would be kind of hard to sell my car within the appropriate timeframe.

What do you guys think I should do? I can't get a $30,000 loan on my own without a co-signee...although I could get a $10,000 loan just fine (which my mom would have no problem co-signing anyway).
Old 02-05-2004, 02:50 PM
NismoKid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd probably order one and wait. By that time, you probably wouldn't need a co-sign to finance and you'll have the $20,000 to put down. That's just my 2 cents.
Old 02-05-2004, 03:43 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait until your car is sold.
Old 02-05-2004, 04:26 PM
D@ActiveTuning

Well I would still co-sign even with $20k down just to get the low interest rate.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:30 PM
Nothing

Don't put your mom in a hard position by asking her to co-sign for a $30,000 loan against her better judgement. She'd probably do it for you out of love, but be a bigger man and don't ask it of her.

Order the car new... you'll get it w/o anyone else having test driven it, with about 7 - 13 miles on it. This will give you some time to prepare to sell your car and negotiate for the best price rather than probably having to accept a lower price by needing the money fast.

Also, it's winter and it will stay winter for the next 2 - 3 months... you don't need the Z in the winter and the car will be better off getting broken in during the spring / summer.

I know you're excited about getting it, but the wait will make it all the more satisfying when the car finally arrives!!!

N.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:35 PM
yohud

Amen to above. List your car now. It MAY sell quicker than you think. You can still have the option of getting one now available - or - ordering one. Your best deal might be in a window starting now until mid-March, after that sales will get stronger again.