Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Favorite Mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 09:49 AM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by MicVelo
I get that and while I ended up with a Porter-C, Menzerna and other stuff, one can still find decent stuff that does a good job (or do it by hand ) for less. Harbor Freight polisher is OK, off the Pep Boys shelf polishing stuff, etc. May not be concours finish but better than just letting it sit there and rot.

Point: make the car look nice - as is - and be happy with it.

I also concur with the opinions on saving for needed stuff like tahrs and insurance but wanted to suggest something "fun" with a nice result given the budget.

Not everyone can afford 18 wheels and tires. You waiting for the next paycheck for the last two?
Drift spare yo, cause im swag! Haha

I knoe what ya mean, but imo i rather use good polish and sealer with good pads and do the work by hand than to have a polisher and mediocre products. Just me though. Im the "if youre gonna do it, do it right the first time even if it take longer to get done" type of guy.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:25 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Whenever you talk about polishing I always think your talking about taking the aluminum parts on the engine and polishing them lol... You can do that for cheap... It just takes some time... Ask me how I know

Then you can figure out you dont have a show car and paint it

Then buy a v+ and never actually put it on your car.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:36 AM
turboed350z

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
Whenever you talk about polishing I always think your talking about taking the aluminum parts on the engine and polishing them lol... You can do that for cheap... It just takes some time... Ask me how I know

Then you can figure out you dont have a show car and paint it

Then buy a v+ and never actually put it on your car.
Shoot, im about to paint mine black. Thats sexy
Old 12-31-2015, 10:46 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Originally Posted by turboed350z
Shoot, im about to paint mine black. Thats sexy
I like the black.. I was thinking if I had a polished plenum it would look great and the rest of the engine bay would look like poo.

I really should get on engine cleaning detail.
Old 12-31-2015, 02:00 PM
savedbygrace

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I like the black.. I was thinking if I had a polished plenum it would look great and the rest of the engine bay would look like poo.

I really should get on engine cleaning detail.
Can you guys stop being adolescent and talk somewhere else....stop hijacking this guy's thread...he's new...he asked a simple question, and you guys are using his new-to-Z status to puff up like you're something simply because you have owned a Z longer than he has? You guys have been jerks longer than he has since he's not one....so chill out and grow up please. Since that's been too hard for you thus far...at least be quiet and let this guy get the answers he needs...this forum is to help people, not harass them.

OP....keep bringing your questions....you didn't ask anything that warrants anything negative...you'll find this forum is a mix of decent people with the most vocal being the least mature and least competent at thinking and social skills...like everywhere else.

A K&N filter used for $20 is a great add....does give you a touch of torque and hp, (they can be cleaned over and over....so wait it out and find someone with a used one that is clean or clean it).

Pick something about your car you want to improve, and focus on that...but honestly.....save for tires, buy them online or used, generally you can get a great set of daily driver tires for four hundred or so, but nicer tires do make the ride better and better, so you'll at some point be striving for higher end tires. Quick tip....the Sumitomo HTR ZII and HTR ZIII are both really good budget tires for daily driving with good handling and quiet ride and tread life. Knowing what tires to buy is key...because you don't want to have to buy them when you absolutely need them...know what you want, then save, then buy them when you see them for a great price, even buying them one at at time, and then when you need them you don't have to pay full retail for whatever is available. You WILL need rear tires sooner than you think. The fronts will last ABOUT double the life of the rears...so budget accordingly.

For driving experience....upgrade to a used set of Bi-Xenon headlights, which CAN be found for $300 a pair with bulbs and ballast (normally about $450-$650 used, $1400+ new), and that will be a huge improvement in driving at night....you do have to learn the wiring and it will take an evening to do...but that would be my number one spend if you do much driving at night off the highway. You'd obviously need a little more money...but that can come with being a little patient.

Don't worry about the window motor...they do go....but not every eight months....I've had mine for years and done them twice...total pain to DIY them alone, very awkward to align some things when re-assembling, but not a nightmare, and bring a friend. But they will break...worst part quality in the entire Z in my opinion....and when you replace it the new style window motor will be twice as fast as what you probably have now in terms of rolling the window up. Then you'll want the other side to match.

Shift **** wise....a weighted one pound shift **** makes a HUGE difference in shift feel...makes the car feel like a luxury sports car.....can be found for about $60 on ebay..up to a little over a $100....personally....I'd recommend a shift **** extension (3" extension) and a cheap weighted stainless steel ball **** ($60) (think Ferrari style shifter) and the feel is amazing...huge improvement over stock shifting. Then I'd add an italian leather shift boot for $50 from RedLine Goods. So you're at $20 K&N filter plus $60 for shift **** plus $8 for shift **** extension (ebay aluminum silver or black) plus $60 for leather shift boot plus shipping....that's $198 I think.....that's what I'd do.

Later get your steering wheel wrapped in high quality leather....you touch the wheel and the shifter every time....improve that experience and you feel the difference every day.....it's a great improvement and affordable.

Later get the RJM adjustable fulcrum point clutch bracket...about $250 I think....and your car is TRANSFORMED from clunky shifting to beautifully smooth but not wimpy smooth shifting....and you can dial in how much resistance you want in the clutch feel....maybe buy that first? It's awesome....look in this forum for the five star reviews over and over and over...there's a thread on the RJM AFP clutch bracket..owner is Ryan...could not be a better guy.

Ignore the jerks....how they see themselves is an imaginary playground they don't exit....there's plenty of helpful people in the forum and lurking in the background.

Welcome,

Saved
The following 2 users liked this post by savedbygrace:
SirSpeedyZ (01-02-2016), terrasmak (01-01-2016)
Old 12-31-2015, 02:08 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,048 Likes on 6,514 Posts

tldr......
The following users liked this post:
abarclay (01-01-2016)
Old 12-31-2015, 02:33 PM
RUNWDVL

Received 236 Likes on 135 Posts

Tldc-too long don't care..
Old 12-31-2015, 02:45 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Originally Posted by savedbygrace
Can you guys stop being adolescent and talk somewhere else....stop hijacking this guy's thread...he's new...he asked a simple question, and you guys are using his new-to-Z status to puff up like you're something simply because you have owned a Z longer than he has? You guys have been jerks longer than he has since he's not one....so chill out and grow up please. Since that's been too hard for you thus far...at least be quiet and let this guy get the answers he needs...this forum is to help people, not harass them.

OP....keep bringing your questions....you didn't ask anything that warrants anything negative...you'll find this forum is a mix of decent people with the most vocal being the least mature and least competent at thinking and social skills...like everywhere else.

A K&N filter used for $20 is a great add....does give you a touch of torque and hp, (they can be cleaned over and over....so wait it out and find someone with a used one that is clean or clean it).

Pick something about your car you want to improve, and focus on that...but honestly.....save for tires, buy them online or used, generally you can get a great set of daily driver tires for four hundred or so, but nicer tires do make the ride better and better, so you'll at some point be striving for higher end tires. Quick tip....the Sumitomo HTR ZII and HTR ZIII are both really good budget tires for daily driving with good handling and quiet ride and tread life. Knowing what tires to buy is key...because you don't want to have to buy them when you absolutely need them...know what you want, then save, then buy them when you see them for a great price, even buying them one at at time, and then when you need them you don't have to pay full retail for whatever is available. You WILL need rear tires sooner than you think. The fronts will last ABOUT double the life of the rears...so budget accordingly.

For driving experience....upgrade to a used set of Bi-Xenon headlights, which CAN be found for $300 a pair with bulbs and ballast (normally about $450-$650 used, $1400+ new), and that will be a huge improvement in driving at night....you do have to learn the wiring and it will take an evening to do...but that would be my number one spend if you do much driving at night off the highway. You'd obviously need a little more money...but that can come with being a little patient.

Don't worry about the window motor...they do go....but not every eight months....I've had mine for years and done them twice...total pain to DIY them alone, very awkward to align some things when re-assembling, but not a nightmare, and bring a friend. But they will break...worst part quality in the entire Z in my opinion....and when you replace it the new style window motor will be twice as fast as what you probably have now in terms of rolling the window up. Then you'll want the other side to match.

Shift **** wise....a weighted one pound shift **** makes a HUGE difference in shift feel...makes the car feel like a luxury sports car.....can be found for about $60 on ebay..up to a little over a $100....personally....I'd recommend a shift **** extension (3" extension) and a cheap weighted stainless steel ball **** ($60) (think Ferrari style shifter) and the feel is amazing...huge improvement over stock shifting. Then I'd add an italian leather shift boot for $50 from RedLine Goods. So you're at $20 K&N filter plus $60 for shift **** plus $8 for shift **** extension (ebay aluminum silver or black) plus $60 for leather shift boot plus shipping....that's $198 I think.....that's what I'd do.

Later get your steering wheel wrapped in high quality leather....you touch the wheel and the shifter every time....improve that experience and you feel the difference every day.....it's a great improvement and affordable.

Later get the RJM adjustable fulcrum point clutch bracket...about $250 I think....and your car is TRANSFORMED from clunky shifting to beautifully smooth but not wimpy smooth shifting....and you can dial in how much resistance you want in the clutch feel....maybe buy that first? It's awesome....look in this forum for the five star reviews over and over and over...there's a thread on the RJM AFP clutch bracket..owner is Ryan...could not be a better guy.

Ignore the jerks....how they see themselves is an imaginary playground they don't exit....there's plenty of helpful people in the forum and lurking in the background.

Welcome,

Saved
Well damn I didn't think I was being a jerk, I was more keeping a crappy thread alive with some lively discussion...

A crappie thread I thought was going to be another one about favorite mods but turned out to be about what non mechanical mod is good for $200

then just asked something about carbon fiber being rice.

Sorry I hijacked the thread ill stop now and it will disappear into garbage thread land deep down in the archive's of poo
Old 12-31-2015, 03:17 PM
pondera

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is what I just added for around your budget.

http://www.kenwood.com/usa/car/excelon/dpx791bh/
Old 12-31-2015, 06:34 PM
savedbygrace

That's a nice stereo that Kenwood....good idea too..forgot how bad the oem stereo is.

So I'll chime in again since I got two seconds while munching a meal....another great option for your $200 is to get a decent set of speakers. All speakers in your new Z are 6.5" speakers, front and rear...for a mega magnigreat upgrade of audio, snag at least one pair of the semi-newish JBL GTX series....$100 a pair at Best Buy, the ones with the orange accent in the middle. I'm not a Best Buy kinda shopper, but those speakers are recommended even by audiophiles as a very very good speaker. If you can....buy two pair...one for fronts and one for rears...I recently changed my rears to these speakers and they made a huge improvement to the overall warmth of sound and removed the tinny highlights that remained in the Polk rears I took out. Not a Polk fan...but they were cheap and replaced the stock speakers a long time ago...now...the JBL GTX line....truly a very solid sounding speaker with no compromises for an affordable price.

Later buy a 10" infinity $50 sub, build your own box for about $50, and buy an amp on Amazon for $50....that would be another way to really improve your ride...good audio for great prices. World of difference and world of fun, for just a few bucks.

Saved
Old 12-31-2015, 06:36 PM
savedbygrace

Well damn I didn't think I was being a jerk, I was more keeping a crappy thread alive with some lively discussion...

A crappie thread I thought was going to be another one about favorite mods but turned out to be about what non mechanical mod is good for $200

then just asked something about carbon fiber being rice.

Sorry I hijacked the thread ill stop now and it will disappear into garbage thread land deep down in the archive's of poo

Re-think your perspective maybe? A new guy asking a basic question is in your mind a crappy thread? That's being a jerk. If you comments will help a guy, say them, if they don't help....better to keep them to yourself.

Standard adult behavior.

Saved
Old 12-31-2015, 06:58 PM
turboed350z

Re-think your perspective maybe? A new guy asking a basic question is in your mind a crappy thread? That's being a jerk. If you comments will help a guy, say them, if they don't help....better to keep them to yourself.

Standard adult behavior.

Saved

So you like spoon feeding the lazy? You sir are an enabler. Youre the reason the new generation is lazy.
The following 3 users liked this post by turboed350z:
Cux350z (01-01-2016), travlee (01-01-2016), WYZIWYG (12-31-2015)
Old 12-31-2015, 07:04 PM
RUNWDVL

Received 236 Likes on 135 Posts

Nobody does their due diligence? I had to research for my parts and read thousand of hours worth of material in this forum.
The following 2 users liked this post by RUNWDVL:
abarclay (01-01-2016), WYZIWYG (12-31-2015)
Old 01-01-2016, 02:53 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Standard adult behavior.

Saved
Dont know why your specifically using me my first reply to this thread was more helpful then yours. I spoon fed and even provided a link to where to purchase.

Just get a poop charger and save for the next round.

Better yet get the z1 short ram. Similar thing
https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-pro...ge-p-3942.html
But this forum is for information and entertainment. It also gives people from different backgrounds and geographic locations a place to interact. We frequently go off topic because if we didn't it wouldn't be very entertaining.

And anyone who has done their research wouldn't be asking dumb questions. Do you ask a public forum how to spend your money? Or do you research what you might want to buy and then decided if its worth spending your money on?

Ok done with am uuutersmith Happy New Year.
Old 01-01-2016, 05:05 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 957 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by turboed350z
So you like spoon feeding the lazy? You sir are an enabler. Youre the reason the new generation is lazy.
SaveByGrace loves to be spoonfed himself and creates so many GEMS of threads....He has to stick up for the OP because they are so similar.

Might as well delete the search button off this forum.

Some of the 2 and a half pages of GARBAGE threads started by SavedByGrace on this forum...he is a clutter generating fool: Of his 532 post...75 are threads he created...for me I have over 11k post and 171 threads ( in 10.5 years vs his 4.5, he creates threads at a 10x rate)

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...ugh-where.html (please rig it up...post pics of your face when done)

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...ll-rivets.html (a drill dumbass)

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...ompletely.html (they are push nuts...youre gonna have to pry them off)

https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance...bag-light.html (never heard of the nismo delete? resistors?)

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...stay-open.html (is this not in the common problem thread...like Every 350z user has had his shin busted...but no...dont search)

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...d-harness.html (no..we don't have headlight swap threads with all this info...if you would have searched!!! now there is more clutter)

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...lor-black.html (i mean...come on!!!)

https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-...-symptoms.html (like 3 minutes...duh)

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...placement.html (no threads on the forum to discuss this...more clutter)

https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...ear-issue.html (first 350z owner...or car owner ever to have camber/toe wear, lets make a thread...dont bother searching)

Last edited by Cux350z; 01-01-2016 at 05:08 AM.
Old 01-01-2016, 06:34 AM
turboed350z

Originally Posted by Cux350z
SaveByGrace loves to be spoonfed himself and creates so many GEMS of threads....He has to stick up for the OP because they are so similar.

Might as well delete the search button off this forum.

Some of the 2 and a half pages of GARBAGE threads started by SavedByGrace on this forum...he is a clutter generating fool: Of his 532 post...75 are threads he created...for me I have over 11k post and 171 threads ( in 10.5 years vs his 4.5, he creates threads at a 10x rate)

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...ugh-where.html (please rig it up...post pics of your face when done)

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...ll-rivets.html (a drill dumbass)

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...ompletely.html (they are push nuts...youre gonna have to pry them off)

https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance...bag-light.html (never heard of the nismo delete? resistors?)

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...stay-open.html (is this not in the common problem thread...like Every 350z user has had his shin busted...but no...dont search)

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...d-harness.html (no..we don't have headlight swap threads with all this info...if you would have searched!!! now there is more clutter)

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...lor-black.html (i mean...come on!!!)

https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-...-symptoms.html (like 3 minutes...duh)

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...placement.html (no threads on the forum to discuss this...more clutter)

https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...ear-issue.html (first 350z owner...or car owner ever to have camber/toe wear, lets make a thread...dont bother searching)

Funny thing is, he always walks around with a "im better than you" attitude. Typical christian really. No offense to other christians.
Old 01-01-2016, 06:36 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Let's keep it civil and not get into personal attacks.

Thanks, gents.
The following 2 users liked this post by SmoothZ:
savedbygrace (01-01-2016), SirSpeedyZ (01-02-2016)
Old 01-01-2016, 06:39 AM
travlee
Master

my fav mods

-smoothz
-sr71
-stulax

but not jhc

bwaaaaaaaaaaahahahahah
The following 3 users liked this post by travlee:
QuintonC (01-04-2016), SmoothZ (01-01-2016), StuLax18 (01-02-2016)
Old 01-01-2016, 06:43 AM
turboed350z

Originally Posted by travlee
my fav mods

-smoothz
-sr71
-stulax

but not jhc

bwaaaaaaaaaaahahahahah
I feel bad for VO.... lol
Old 01-01-2016, 06:45 AM
travlee
Master

and technically he is an admin, not a mod.....

Last edited by travlee; 01-01-2016 at 06:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Favorite Mods