Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z car has Character....

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 09:31 PM
Mozi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike,

No there aren't. I know of 2 other than myself, but I don't know them. However, there might be others that I am not aware of.
But there are definately very few anyway, and I like it ;)

What I don't like is the fact that we cannot form Z club meetings etc. By the summer, we are planning some sports cars trips. So, far, the interested parties are a 996, a 456, a Maserati and my Z, which I like better than all three.

MoZi
Old 02-23-2004, 08:06 PM
straderp

Default Re: Z car has Character....

I have to say man, I totally agree. I'm on week 5 of owning my Z, and I could *not* be happier. It's amazing to me how it still catches my eye and stops my breath.....is that really MY car? Even better are the looks you get, and the crowd that gathers around the car while I'm in the grocery store. <sly wink>

2,200 miles....most with the top down, all pure heaven.
Old 02-24-2004, 06:47 PM
shezzzhot
Abzolutely Zexy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Re: Z car has Character....

Originally posted by straderp
I have to say man, I totally agree. I'm on week 5 of owning my Z, and I could *not* be happier. It's amazing to me how it still catches my eye and stops my breath.....is that really MY car? Even better are the looks you get, and the crowd that gathers around the car while I'm in the grocery store. <sly wink>

2,200 miles....most with the top down, all pure heaven.

I must say getting in and cranking her up, sitting there listening to her purr, then letting her loose to run up the road is such a pleasure...I can't imagine what it feels like to have the top down and experience this too. Sensory overload! LOL

Straderp, how does she feel at 2200?
Old 02-24-2004, 06:54 PM
straderp

Default Re: Re: Re: Z car has Character....

Originally posted by shezzzhot
Straderp, how does she feel at 2200?
She feels tight and smooth...just like they all ought to be <sly wink>

Seriously though, she's as sweet as the day I bought her and drove right by my house on the way home (because I wasn't ready to park her yet). I've finally found the "spot" for the seat adjustment that suits me best, and I've had my zen moment and am one with the finicky clutch. She is pure heaven to drive!
Old 02-24-2004, 06:59 PM
shezzzhot
Abzolutely Zexy

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Z car has Character....

Originally posted by straderp
She feels tight and smooth...just like they all ought to be <sly wink>

Seriously though, she's as sweet as the day I bought her and drove right by my house on the way home (because I wasn't ready to park her yet). I've finally found the "spot" for the seat adjustment that suits me best, and I've had my zen moment and am one with the finicky clutch. She is pure heaven to drive!

Yes, I'm still playing with the seat but it's only been 11 days. The clutch...well that will take some time. I have yet to figure out the downshift but love practicing...goes along with your fist line there...(wink) lol Nuf said.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:29 AM
Beaker02

Enjoyed every minute of this thread this morning. We are pitiful.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:48 AM
Zonda

Hey y'all.
I've decided to break my silence.
I have been roaming this forum for the last couple of months basically trying to get a feel of the 350Z experience. I wanted to know if the car had problems, etc. but I also wanted to hear how much (or little) people liked it.

This post has sealed the deal for me.

I want a 350Z performance. However, my day is still far away because I have a lease that won't expire until Apr 2005 sometimes I feel it will never expire).

Until now, I had 2 other cars in my mind: the Mini Cooper S and the VW R32 but the 350Z and me belong together.

This is going to be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong year.
Cheers!
Old 02-25-2004, 09:59 AM
shezzzhot
Abzolutely Zexy

Originally posted by Zonda
Hey y'all.
I've decided to break my silence.
I have been roaming this forum for the last couple of months basically trying to get a feel of the 350Z experience. I wanted to know if the car had problems, etc. but I also wanted to hear how much (or little) people liked it.

This post has sealed the deal for me.

I want a 350Z performance. However, my day is still far away because I have a lease that won't expire until Apr 2005 sometimes I feel it will never expire).

Until now, I had 2 other cars in my mind: the Mini Cooper S and the VW R32 but the 350Z and me belong together.

Cheers!

I will tell you that I have held out for what I know to be the best. Nissan offers what few can attain: affordable pleasure in a sports car.

Living vicariously through pleasant boards helped me in my quest. I started looking/researching in April 2003.
The best part is now driving my dream...hang in there!!
Old 02-25-2004, 12:41 PM
Zonda

I will tell you that I have held out for what I know to be the best. Nissan offers what few can attain: affordable pleasure in a sports car.

Living vicariously through pleasant boards helped me in my quest. I started looking/researching in April 2003.
The best part is now driving my dream...hang in there!!
thanks!!
will do
Old 02-25-2004, 06:54 PM

And then you hit 90mph like 40 mph in your old car... And then someone stops you and asks you how you like it... And then, when you pull in at the office, everyone is at the windows... And then the chick in BMW turns after me... and then...

Who said that 350Z is a she. It is even younger, more youthful me!

Last edited by 1337; 02-25-2004 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-26-2004, 03:20 AM
straderp

Originally posted by Zonda

Cheers!
As you're in Miami, I would highly recommend getting the Roadster version since you'll be very able to take advantage of the convertible.

I got the convertible myself, and I've been driving with the seat warmer and the heat on high any time it gets above 40 degrees. <grin>
Old 02-26-2004, 03:42 AM
rudypanama

Smile

I am so happy to hear that it is not just a guy thing and girls feel the same way. It is just a seXy car.

My car arrived Feb 5th. I picked her up Friday Feb 13th. I ordered her 3 months ago, live 3 1/2 hrs from the dealer and joined a Z club a month before I ordered. I'm hooked!!

But NOTHING prepared me for the nervousness, tinlgy-all-over feeling, jittery, sweaty palmed, totally whipped feeling I had when I saw her, in the showroom, for the first time Friday.

I was star struck. That LeMans color blinging back at me, winking. Those seats huggin' my hips and thighs. I was all grins when I cranked her up for the first time in the dealership. She purrs better than I do. Heheheee...and her scent...well, we won't go there New car smell is an orgasmic thing.

Needless to say I'm in love with this Babe. She's my second Z but my first new Z. My first sports car that's all mine.

Now I know what you guys feel like when you eye a woman of beauty, well rounded and sexy as hell. As a female I can appreciate that feeling, never really thinking I'd feel it, but oh so glad my first affair with this Nissan FairLady. This aphrodesiac Nissan will have me dreaming and tossing all night, just like lastnight.

PEAS.....

Pamela
Old 02-26-2004, 01:08 PM
KManZ
Banned

I had a newer model Eclipse before my girl, and I thought it was fun.......

Then I was at the movie theater and a short propaganda film called "The Run" flashed on screen. As soon as that sweet, mellow exhaust tone assaulted my hearing, something made my heart skip a beat... the rest of the film was bliss.

A few months later I let myself go and became the owner of the beautiful machina I have sitting out front of my door.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:58 PM
NzZ

Default I Totally Agree

The Z rules. I had an S2k before...S2k people will swear by it, but upgrading to the Z was the best thing I ever did. I _love_ the exhaust, the turbine smoothness of the motor, and the torque that pins you to the shapely seats.

I tried the G35...just didn't move me...the boring grandma'n'grandpa seat bolsters said it all. Tried the Subies and the Mitsus...felt like a little kid. Tried the Z and it fit like a glove.
All I have to say is push the accelerator down hard for best performance...and you will be wowed. You really do have to get on the gas in this car to make it feel fast (even with the 6mt as I have). But power is there, in any gear, at any time. No waiting for spooling, no waiting for VTEC to kick in...just thrust.

Plus u can't beat the way everyone's head snaps around at the intersection as your exhaust burble turns into a roar!!!

So sweet.

NzZ