2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

fairlady changes

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 05:25 AM
Acidizer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fairlady changes

was thinking of getting a 350z.

this one is listed as a fairlady. the reg plate is square and the brakes are not brembo.

so I have two question - can the front reg plate be changed to a long one? I can see the rear reg plate is built into the bumped so therefore can't be changed. not sure about the front...

also - how easy would it be be add bremo's? is that a very expensive or complicated proposition?

thank you!
Old 04-17-2017, 06:19 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by Acidizer
was thinking of getting a 350z.

also - how easy would it be be add bremo's? is that a very expensive or complicated proposition?

thank you!
Straightforward bolt on swap:

https://www.google.com/search?q=brem...utf-8&oe=utf-8
Old 04-17-2017, 07:03 AM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

Yes, and easy.

Brembos assuming you mean OEM calipers are a bolt on replacement.

But honestly unless your tracking the car I'd skip it. When looking to buy mine I saw a lot of data from hard core guys saying it's hardly a difference in preformance. Some guys side by side tested this.

The only thing you gain is unsprung gun weight. Which again if your not tracking it hard you probably won't even notice. But hey your money, wouldnt be a bad mod if you do it anyways.

Mine just happened to come with them so
The following 2 users liked this post by CK_32:
ARRRT (04-17-2017), Atreyu'z 350 (04-18-2017)
Old 04-17-2017, 07:57 AM
Acidizer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think they would improve the looks of the car i had in mind a lot in particular. i had the same brakes on my old car and they were great.

what would the best way of doing this? never upgraded or modded a car before. i don't know what needs changed. can i keep the discs that are already on there?

i presume this would cost a fortune for new all around brembo's? and where to even buy?

i seen some second hand on ebay - looked pretty rough and weren't cheap.

Last edited by Acidizer; 04-17-2017 at 08:05 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:50 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by Acidizer
i think they would improve the looks of the car i had in mind a lot in particular. i had the same brakes on my old car and they were great.

what would the best way of doing this? never upgraded or modded a car before. i don't know what needs changed. can i keep the discs that are already on there?

i presume this would cost a fortune for new all around brembo's? and where to even buy?

i seen some second hand on ebay - looked pretty rough and weren't cheap.
Brembo is a great set-up due to the ability to take and expel heat from high performance use, e.g. track use. But doing it for looks is a joke and huge waste of money.

If you think eBay is too expensive, you'd better just skip it because...

No, you can't keep anything that's on the car now. You'll need calipers, rotors at minimum and if you're doing it smart, you'll budget in all new bearings (since its pretty much all apart), brake lines, pads, and of course fluid (along with the Motive bleeder to do it properly.)
Old 04-17-2017, 12:01 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

Crushed dreamer thread