Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

random queries

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 08:38 PM
cheap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default random queries

I've decided I need to start a new post to ask questions I have that haven't been answered yet. I will return to ask new questions on occasion, when after a bit of research I have been unable to find my answer.

1. What will the estimated mpg be from this sq?

2. Just need a confirmation that the TCS can be turned off - preferrably by someone who's been IN the car, and has seen the button.

3. How many people who are purchasing the track model are actually planning on taking it to the track? And I dont mean no 1320 either... I'm talkin' a real road race track the likes of Sears Point.

4. Approx how many cubic feet are available in the trunk/hatch area? Not counting the STB or any other trim pieces or accessories.

5. How many people in here are heavy on Tech? If you claim to be a tech guru, what is your area of expertise? Metallurgy? Suspension dynamics? liquid dynamics? Structural engineering? Porting and Polishing? Body work? Competition? I think you might get the idea - either direct car related or the meat n' potatoes w/ vehicular application skills. I can kind of claim to be in the stereo dep't... not a superTech, and Im sure there are others on the board w/ more experience and knowledge than I have, but I do have a thorough understanding of the underlying principles behind car stereo and it's little intricacies.

6. How many people do I annoy by posting damn near a page every time I have something to say, or use my little banner on the bottom (which kinda even hangs over a tad) to boot?

Thus concludes my first wave of pondering...
Old 06-03-2002, 08:50 PM
LS350Z
Charter Member #56

1. No clue, I bet around 18-22mpg.
2. Saw the car at the Cleveland auto show and didn't think to look, sorry.
3. I'm sure I'll take the car to several autox & open lapping days. Actually I know I'll take it to at least one Gingerman & Putnam event per year.
4. No guess at all but I'd say not much (probably comperable to the 300ZX).
5. BS Mechanical Engineer, BS Manufacturing Engineer. I can hold my own in any conversation regarding any part of vehicle, but my main expertise is suspensions from basic background info all the way to detailed suspension design.
6. huh?
Old 06-03-2002, 09:00 PM
2003z

Nissan Hawaii says 22 city, 27 Hwy for mpg. It also has 21/26, but I think thats for auto trans.

http://www.zcarhawaii.com/compare.asp
Old 06-03-2002, 09:50 PM
Rogue350z
!!HR TT!!

Default Re: random queries

Originally posted by cheap

2. Just need a confirmation that the TCS can be turned off - preferrably by someone who's been IN the car, and has seen the button.

6. How many people do I annoy by posting damn near a page every time I have something to say, or use my little banner on the bottom (which kinda even hangs over a tad) to boot?

Thus concludes my first wave of pondering...
2. Found Pic See attachment....Left of steering wheel on dash.

6. Hate the large banner...oh ya I have one too.

Attached Thumbnails random queries-tcs2.jpg  

Last edited by Rogue350z; 06-03-2002 at 09:55 PM.
Old 06-04-2002, 01:57 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

1) Don't know
2) Someone in the car has previously said it can be turned off
3) My Track probably won't ever see a real Track.
4) Check out this picture and figure it out for yourself: http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/eeaed...W03I9Abp78KXEU

5) If you trash your Z in a 10 car pile up and your left leg ends up where your right arm was and your other leg looks like something out of Jeffery Dahmer's photo album, I can fix you. If your Z's oil needs to be changed, don't look at me, call Jiffy Lube.
6) Your endless drivel is more annoying than a pack of flaming hemmoroids..........I like the banner though.
Old 06-04-2002, 02:20 AM
brackethead

LeMans350z,

Just looked at your site, 350zfrenzy.com. Very nice start! Thanks for the link to my 350Z survey site.
Old 06-04-2002, 02:26 AM
brackethead

Default Re: random queries

No answers to #1-5 as others have covered those already.

Originally posted by cheap
I kind of like it. You have some questions to ask, and you do just that. At least you know posting novels, er, long messages might annoy people.

Your banner is kind of creepy in a devilsh Hell's Angels on crack kind of way. If that was your intention, excellent job!
Old 06-04-2002, 03:08 AM
cheap

Sweet, thanks for all the good feedback, and a superbig thanks to LeMans350z for the pic!! Dr. Bonz, do you have any info on prescription tinting? I know it's a legal way to tint your windows, and since I've been on graveshift for the last 4 years, I can't really think of anyone else more deserving. Lemme know...
Old 06-04-2002, 07:14 AM
dvlad

1. Well, i'm not to worried about mpg. I know i'll get single digits
2. Good find Lemans
3. Taking it SCCA Autocrossing, going to the Bonneville Salt Flats in September, and in 2 years plan to do the One Lap of America Or the Gumball Rally.
4. ummm...don't know...2 golf bags
5. Just from what i read. Mostly tech books.
6. have now problems with the posts. Helps keep a fresh conversation. Just so long as it doesn't get out of hand.
7. I'll have a banner when i get my Z. So no worries here.