2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I buy this exhaust system?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 11:04 AM
Osvani125

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Should I buy this exhaust system?

Hey guys I drive a Nissan 350z 2007 and the exhaust system it has is stock, so I was wondering if I should buy this used "stillen exhaust system" for 550$ with installation? So I looked up this stillen exhaust system and the retail price is around 1400$. I'm here thinking that it's worth it but I don't really know because when I went to go see the exhaust system it looked a bit rusty!
So what do you guys think should I do it? There are picture of it up above!

Old 08-18-2017, 01:19 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Looks like it's actually in pretty nice condition. Get yourself some metal polish and those mufflers and tips should shine up well. Whether or not it's worth the money is up to you, but that seems like a pretty fair price for a quality system in used condition.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:35 PM
deeliciousqueen

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would if no leaks! that's a great offer installed!
Old 08-18-2017, 03:04 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Its stainless steel it shouldn't have any rust. You just need to clean it up and it will look brand new... I would get it...

Looks like it has some ghetto extension pipes on it for a G35. Hopefully they didnt mess up the tubing with those clamps.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:18 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
Its stainless steel it shouldn't have any rust. You just need to clean it up and it will look brand new... I would get it...

Looks like it has some ghetto extension pipes on it for a G35. Hopefully they didnt mess up the tubing with those clamps.
That is messed up!! I went from "OG" to "ghetto"?? Back when I couldn't legally drink, slip joints was all the shizz! Nowadays, you kids got all them fancy dancy V-band clamps and stainless geegaws! Hmmmph.

But yeah, good eye, Mike. Interestingly enough, a guy I sold one of my S-Tunes to was installing on a G. He took it in and had the V-band flanges welded on and it's held together with V-clamps. Very sano install. I can imagine the buyer of this could do the same if the pipes are munged.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:51 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Originally Posted by MicVelo
That is messed up!! I went from "OG" to "ghetto"?? Back when I couldn't legally drink, slip joints was all the shizz! Nowadays, you kids got all them fancy dancy V-band clamps and stainless geegaws! Hmmmph.

But yeah, good eye, Mike. Interestingly enough, a guy I sold one of my S-Tunes to was installing on a G. He took it in and had the V-band flanges welded on and it's held together with V-clamps. Very sano install. I can imagine the buyer of this could do the same if the pipes are munged.

We all know im no stranger to ghetto...

Remember.

Actually my borla is all slip joints also, but it has some better looking clamps.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:13 PM
MatthewBouchard

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

I'm pretty sure those clamps and pipe length are normal and are there for adjustment. I could be wrong, but my stillen exhaust has the same thing.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:44 AM
eddiethree50z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This exhaust is not loud at all, in fact its probably just as loud as resonator delete.
Had it on my Z and didn't like it at all