Shoomakan's Build Thread - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Old 11-10-2017, 01:30 AM   #1
Shoomakan

Default Shoomakan's Build Thread

Hello ladies and gents,

Here's a link to my initial introduction thread where I introduced myself and Liza, my Z33.

https://my350z.com/forum/new-owners/...ld-thread.html

Have a couple of updates!

Found and installed another set of disco'd XERD long tube headers. Fitment was perfect. No knocking, bending or otherwise to make them fit. Brackets lined up and O2 sensors plugged in. Car sounds great!

I also installed a Gripforce 15lb flywheel with an OEM clutch and PP. I love how more responsive the car feels and how much easier and smoother it is to shift into gear. I'm also glad to see that I didn't feel any extra NVH or harshness due to the flywheel.

Installed a BLOX 5/16 plenum. Didn't feel the massive gain some have touted but it feels a bit peppier past 5k RPM? Maybe that's due to the headers? I donno.

Lastly, got those Wedsport SA-70 wheels I spoke about previously. Had them resprayed in bronze, currently waiting for my Bilstein B12 kit to arrive before I install them. Goal is to run 265 fronts and 285 rears. If I can't find those, I'm going to run the more common 255/40/18 fronts and 275/35/18 rears.

Next in line is a Whiteline bushing conversion front and rear. I'm going to order the "essentials" kit and then supplement it by separately purchasing a full rear set (as they don't make a complete kit like StrongFlex/Energy do). The essentials kit is mostly for the front end with just a rear diff bushing. I'll also be doing an UpRev tune in the near future, probably around NY when I get my work bonus. Hoping for a reasonable ~305hp after the tune.

After that, a set of poly motor and trans mounts and she should be good for a while. I also have front and rear camber arms in my build list but I want to make sure the foundation is there first.

As always, would love some input/opinions/advice. Have a lovely Friday everybody.
Attached Thumbnails
Shoomakan's Build Thread-whatsapp-image-2017-11-10-at-11.20.32-am.jpeg   Shoomakan's Build Thread-whatsapp-image-2017-11-10-at-11.20.32-am-1-.jpeg  
Shoomakan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shoomakan For This Useful Post:
Atreyu'z 350 (11-13-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 06:11 AM   #2
lifekenophobic

Looks like you're off to a good start. Looking forward to seeing your progress.
lifekenophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lifekenophobic For This Useful Post:
Shoomakan (11-10-2017)