Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z STOCK exhaust SIZE

Old 02-28-2019, 07:41 AM
Sam Scimouni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z STOCK exhaust SIZE

Okay Iíve seen some people talking about it but I never came to a satisfied answer from anyone because they werenít certain themselves.
I just got 2 state refs for my exhaust and fortunately I played the system and some how got their noncorrectable ticket flipped and only paid $25 for each. Thought thatíd be cool to mention
anyway I miss my pops and crackles and where I live thereís no action so cops make a living off traffic violations and any noise they hear.
Im running full stock exhust system right now and Iím looking to buy an e cut out. Hopefully itís not cheap and it still makes it sound good, weíll see.
i am going to put the e cut out right before the muffler on that straight part. Usually people put it near the y pipe but that just sounds nasty if you donít build your exhaust all the way back and I wonít be able to because thereís no space to weld another pipe under there since Iím lowered.

Anyway my my question is... what is the size of the pipe right before the muffler. I say that because some people claim thereís a difference between the sizes for where you put it. So thatís where Iím putting it. Should I get a 2.25 or 2.5 please let me know.

Also so does anyone know if there are any e cut outs that are blue tooth so thereís only a remote. I donít like the wires. If so let me know.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:17 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 226 Likes on 179 Posts

I used a 2.5" on my stock exhaust, but I installed it before the resonator so I ended up taking it out because it sounded awful and I did't notice any gain from it
Old 02-28-2019, 08:11 PM
Sam Scimouni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iideadeyeii View Post
I used a 2.5" on my stock exhaust, but I installed it before the resonator so I ended up taking it out because it sounded awful and I did't notice any gain from it
yeah I wouldnít install it before the rez like I said or else itíll sound really bad. Youíd have to weld from the cut out all the way back like a second exhust but my car doesnít have that space. So Iím putting it before the muffler
Old 03-04-2019, 07:40 PM
Kevin Skene

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

It's 2.25 OD