Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

VDC kicks in on right turns, but why?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 05:48 AM
The Swede

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Update!

Took the steering wheel off, looked like it was on straight when comparing how the teeth aligned to my oem wheel so I went down to the alignment shop to ask them to take some measurements.

I asked the guy if he could read the steering angle sensor, he looked at me like I was stupid so I argued that I knew more about cars than he did (which I dont), he went to talk to his buddy and his buddy went out and got a scanner from a nearby shop.

The steering angle checked out dead on when comparing the level sensor they put on the steering wheel in the Hunter alignment machine.

So I asked the guy about the toe settings in the front and he dead on insisted to not change anything because he said, and I quote him, "bro, trust me, this is how you want this thing set up, like go hit some twisties and if you dont like it I'll change it back and buy you a beer".

I took his advice and spent half a tank of gas blitzing through back roads and wouldn't you know it the guy who earns his living doing alignments on sports and racing cars actually knew how to align a sports car...

I went back to the alignment shop to give the guy cred and before I could get out of the car the dude, who saw my big ugly smiling face, yelled out the door of the shop "I told you bro!"

Drove my humbled self home and happy because I've never had this much fun in my car and on top of that I couldn't replicate the issue.

So I'm a bit stumped, not sure what caused or fixed the issue unless it was the tyre pressure amd wearing in the new rears. Oh well, happy days.

The following users liked this post:
Bak3rme (04-27-2020)
Old 04-26-2020, 07:00 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,305 Likes on 905 Posts

Some problems can be mysteries, but I think your Z just had overinflated tires. It's also interesting that Swedes use the American slang of "bros" in everyday language.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:19 AM
The Swede

Originally Posted by dkmura
It's also interesting that Swedes use the American slang of "bros" in everyday language.
We use so many american terms and expressions I sometimes forget the swedish words for it. Some things just sound better in english too.

The current swedish term for "bro" would be "brushan" or shorter "brush" spoken in a sarcastic arabic accent (why not ) in case you wanna hang with the swedish crowd!
Old 04-26-2020, 07:58 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,305 Likes on 905 Posts

Originally Posted by The Swede
We use so many american terms and expressions I sometimes forget the swedish words for it. Some things just sound better in english too.

The current swedish term for "bro" would be "brushan" or shorter "brush" spoken in a sarcastic arabic accent (why not ) in case you wanna hang with the swedish crowd!
Thanks for taking this thread a bit OT to expose us to a bit of Swedish idiom. And yes, "I wanna hang with the Swedish crowd" when I bring my race Z to Anderstorp or Ring Knutsorp to compete with the best (in my dreams).
Old 04-27-2020, 01:08 PM
Bak3rme

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

thanks for the update OP, still scratching my head on why VDC kicked in at low speeds. Mine kicked on when i put new tires and went all out on a left hand sweeper. Later I realized about the whole mold-release thing and allowing proper wear in of your tires before doing any spirited driving. That was at higher speeds, whereas yours was at very low speeds so I wouldn't expect the tires to slip causing VDC to kick in. are you running spacers or any of the sort?

I guess since you can't replicate it anymore then the issue may of been a combination of new tires and over inflation of the tires.

Last edited by Bak3rme; 04-27-2020 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-27-2020, 01:50 PM
The Swede

No spacers. 9.5/10.5s +12 offset.

I had no idea about like half the things you guys mentioned so im learning alot even though we're not getting any wiser, so to speak!
Old 04-27-2020, 04:21 PM
Bak3rme

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by The Swede
No spacers. 9.5/10.5s +12 offset.

I had no idea about like half the things you guys mentioned so im learning alot even though we're not getting any wiser, so to speak!
same, icobra taught and i learnt.