Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My Z received a lot of love today.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2002, 09:10 PM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile My Z received a lot of love today.

9:00 AM wash followed by a Passport 8500 hardwire install and finally, a leather treatment. I looked high and low for a bottle of Lexol and came up empty so I gave this a try...

Eagle Ottowa Tanner's Preserve.

This is a fairly thin, lotion-like leather treatment that goes on easily and DOES NOT clog up the perforations with gunk like some thicker leather conditioners can. Once you let it sit for few minutes and buff it out, the leather has the exact, slightly matte finish that it does in stock form. It does not give the leather a glossy look at all which was a concern. I tested a small piece on the side of the passenger seat before going forward with the entire job to make sure the leather would retain it's stock finish.

I have to say I'm pretty pleased with the results as the conditioner actually put a bit of a "bite" into the leather that makes it a little grippier than stock. As a bonus, it smells great and reminds me of the women's shoe department at Neiman Marcus. This is a plus because I've got a tinge of foot fetish going on and hot girls in strappy sandals drive me nuts, but that's another story.

I've found that the easiest way to apply leather care products is with two, terry-cloth applicator pads. One to apply and one to buff it out.
Old 09-21-2002, 05:31 AM
Michael-Dallas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Brad,

Did ya check Bankston-Lewisville? I could have sworn they stock Lexol there. One of the head parts guy, Vince McCurley, owns a 95 NA and he knows better than to not stock anything but Lexol for the Z guys.

Michael.
Old 09-21-2002, 05:44 AM
droideka

Originally posted by Michael-Dallas
Hey Brad,

Did ya check Bankston-Lewisville? I could have sworn they stock Lexol there. One of the head parts guy, Vince McCurley, owns a 95 NA and he knows better than to not stock anything but Lexol for the Z guys.

Michael.
Really? Thanks, man. What are you doing later today? I want to see that TRACK!
Old 09-21-2002, 06:03 AM
Michael-Dallas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, if I ever get off this dang forum, I'm gonna go wash and put a second coat of wax on her again. I hope I get off before noon.

Hit me up on PM or something and we can meet up at Starbuck's and oogle at the cars over some fru-fru drinks.

Michael.
Old 09-21-2002, 06:31 AM
droideka

Originally posted by Michael-Dallas
Well, if I ever get off this dang forum, I'm gonna go wash and put a second coat of wax on her again. I hope I get off before noon.

Hit me up on PM or something and we can meet up at Starbuck's and oogle at the cars over some fru-fru drinks.

Michael.
Check your PM.