2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

2005 Nissan 350z - Damaged HKS Hi-Power Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 07:47 PM
USDMXN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question 2005 Nissan 350z - Damaged HKS Hi-Power Exhaust

Good Evening guys!

I hope you guys have had a dope week so far! Just a few hours ago I was going on a cruise and did a quick pit stop at the nearest gas station. As I was passing through, I unfortunately ran over a cracked piece of a metal sewer-lid like object. A lid that was supposed to be covering some sort of gas connection to the floor. I wasnt able to dodge it at the last second, and whaddayaknow, it absolutely wrecked the metal wire threading connections on the mid-section of the exhaust. I labeled it in the photo below for you guys.

So now I have an exhaust leak. I need a replacement. What do you guys recommend would be the best option? I browsed HKS manufacturers but it seems like they dont sell the mid-section separately. I am going to give them a call in the morning and see what they say. Hopefully they will sell me it. If not, what would be the best option to replace it with?

Thanks guys, help would be much appreciated!

Old 10-01-2020, 08:31 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,288 Likes on 2,339 Posts

Originally Posted by USDMXN
Good Evening guys!

I hope you guys have had a dope week so far! Just a few hours ago I was going on a cruise and did a quick pit stop at the nearest gas station. As I was passing through, I unfortunately ran over a cracked piece of a metal sewer-lid like object. A lid that was supposed to be covering some sort of gas connection to the floor. I wasnt able to dodge it at the last second, and whaddayaknow, it absolutely wrecked the metal wire threading connections on the mid-section of the exhaust. I labeled it in the photo below for you guys.

So now I have an exhaust leak. I need a replacement. What do you guys recommend would be the best option? I browsed HKS manufacturers but it seems like they dont sell the mid-section separately. I am going to give them a call in the morning and see what they say. Hopefully they will sell me it. If not, what would be the best option to replace it with?

Thanks guys, help would be much appreciated!

Take it to a muffler shop and have 'em install a new flex joint. Or worse case, just have a pipe welded in.
The following users liked this post:
bad boyz (10-06-2020)
Old 10-02-2020, 04:36 AM
USDMXN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Take it to a muffler shop and have 'em install a new flex joint. Or worse case, just have a pipe welded in.
Awesome, thanks for the help. Going to reach out to a exhaust shop.
The following users liked this post:
WYZIWYG (10-02-2020)
Old 10-02-2020, 10:13 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 207 Likes on 154 Posts

I have that exact same exhaust and experienced a leak in the same spot [actually one of three spots]. Took it to a reputable muffler spot and he welded everything back and it's been doing well for a few years.