Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Help Bleeding Fuel Lines?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 03:33 PM
IcyKnova

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Bleeding Fuel Lines?

Hey guys. My 2003 350z isn’t starting. It just cranks and cranks. I assumed it was the camshaft sensors, but we changed those and it wasn’t it. It’s not shooting any codes, so I’m pretty sure there’s air in the fuel lines because it was sitting for around a year. I looked everywhere and nobody has done a video on it or a forum. Can someone please help me figure it out, or if any of y’all know how to do it? Or if y’all think it’s something other than that? We just dropped the transmission and fixed a real nasty rear main seal leak. We did make sure over and over to plug everything back in. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by IcyKnova; 01-19-2021 at 05:21 PM.
Old 01-19-2021, 08:36 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,293 Likes on 1,017 Posts

help? bleeding? fuel line?

Welcome to the forum...

When you replaced the cam sensors what sensor did you put back in?? OEM nissan, bought from a nissan dealership?? Hitachi brand bought from a reliable source? or any other brand?

Did you replace the Crank Shaft Position Sensor too?

Here's how the start-up procedure works

1. Key on, fuel pump primes for ~3seconds and turns off
2. Key to start (cranking) engine cranks and turns over and the passenger side cam shaft position sensor and crank shaft position must be in sync with eachother
3. Until the ECU recognizes where the crank and passenger side cam shaft are, it will not fire the ignition coils and engine will not catch.
4. Once the ECU knows where each of the crank and passenger side cam shafts are, it will then fire an ignition spark and your engine will start.
5. At this point the ECU triggers the fuel pump relay and a constant 12volts is sent to the fuel pump to indefinitely deliver fuel.

Moving Forward:
If you put anything BUT OEM Nissan or Hitachi sensors in the car take them back and only buy OEM nissan or Hitachi ... replace all three..trust me, spend the money

Do you hear the fuel pump prime when you go 'key on'?

check every fuel in both fuse boxes

double check that the battery cables are tightly secured

double check that the grounds are secured throughout the engine bay (google: engine bay grounds and/or look it up in the factory service manual)

doubled check that you have fuel in the car

Last edited by bealljk; 01-19-2021 at 08:53 PM.