Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Need Help Identifying Suspension Parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 05:29 AM
Tom B517

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need Help Identifying Suspension Parts

Hi everyone, finally getting work done on my Z, and camber has been bad since I bought it. Yeah I’m a n00b when it comes to actually working on the car so I need your help. What is the actual name of the bent bars pictured above? I think they’re called rear lower control arms, but when searching on the internet for replacement parts, I get a lot of camber arms. Nothing specifically says rear lower control arm. I pulled a diagram of the suspension, and I think it’s part # 551A0. Also, are there better aftermarket ones? All help is appreciated. Thank you
Old 03-06-2021, 02:16 PM
Chihuahuamaster

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

The main aftermarket arms for the rear you will find are camber arm, and traction arm. If you get adjustable versions of these, you will need to eliminate the eccentric bolts on both ends where the arm bolts on to the car.

You can also get aftermarket toe adjustment bolts, where you will have to slightly 'bore' out the bolt hole in the subframe. This will allow you to get more range of toe adjustment.

There are also rear toe arms, but these would eliminate the spring bucket, and you should only use these if you have a true rear coilover. Which is why I recommended the aftermarket toe bolts above, because your toe is probably out of spec, if you're having camber issues.

Most people will reccomend SPL for the brand of suspension parts, really high quality. Ive personally used Z1 for the rear camber/ traction arms, and have no complaints.
The following users liked this post:
ntwillie1 (03-08-2021)
Old 03-08-2021, 09:23 AM
Bak3rme

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

OP its a rear camber arm. The part no. u listed is correct. Go on ebay and find a used one shipped for cheap.