Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

why can't they understand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 06:37 AM
mattbruhin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why can't they understand?

OK, am I the only guy out there who gets flack from his g-friend/wife because all I "do" and "talk" about is my "precious Z"!
I realize that women will never have the same attatchment to their chariot, but please. Sorry just had to vent. Intrestingly enough I am an interning Psychotherapist, and I still cant say the right things. O-well at least I can talk to my beautiful Z (might have to sleep in it to). On another note just got "pumkin" leather seat covers from classic soft trim. This leather is way nicer than factory for all those wondering. Highly recomended! Long live the Z
Old 02-25-2004, 07:20 AM
ElBombastico

my GF loves the Z!
Old 02-25-2004, 07:28 AM
jj1814

Default Re: why can't they understand?

Originally posted by mattbruhin

I realize that women will never have the same attatchment to their chariot, but please.
Not all women

And I'm sure Christy and Iris will chime in any minute now to agree.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:35 AM
Jun
350Z-holic

i'm on the board on a daily basis, my g/f knows, she know i love my car, i wash it every chance i get (if i don't see clouds and stuff). Last Saturday i spent four hours waxing my car (first coat of Zaino, woohoo!).
Cool thing is, she loves cars, she loves my car, she is the one who wants to mod my car, she bought me my intake.

I guess i'm lucky?
Old 02-25-2004, 07:55 AM
DiRN

Originally posted by Jun
i'm on the board on a daily basis, my g/f knows, she know i love my car, i wash it every chance i get (if i don't see clouds and stuff). Last Saturday i spent four hours waxing my car (first coat of Zaino, woohoo!).
Cool thing is, she loves cars, she loves my car, she is the one who wants to mod my car, she bought me my intake.

I guess i'm lucky?
You are the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:02 AM
SCDOO 2

I love my Z. My husband calls it the go-kart, but that's okay. He has his toy, too.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/msg...Sweet+Home.jpg

Last edited by SCDOO 2; 02-25-2004 at 08:06 AM.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:12 AM
Reese

my gf doesn't understand either , she gets pissed cause i am paranoid about parking it in crowded places. She has also stated on several occasions her disappointment with the location of inside door handle on passenger side. Anyone else had this complaint? I really don't care though cause i love this car and i have wanted one ever since it came out. She is just gonna have to live with it cause its a packaged deal now! I can't wait til the day they actually make transformer cars though . Its a Z right now but when i push this button its a hummer.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:24 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally posted by Reese
my gf doesn't understand either , she gets pissed cause i am paranoid about parking it in crowded places.
I could tell my g/f's displeasure about me parking far and away in every parking lot, making a longer walk to whatever building structure we are going to. But now that she has her new car (purchased in Dec), she seemingly understands my perspective on the issue. Albeit she is not as fanatical (or paranoid) about it as I am.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:25 AM
perucho

My wife thinks that I love the Z more than her. I keep telling her "Of course I love you more....it's just that my real wife doesn't understand why ride you so much".
Old 02-25-2004, 08:28 AM
jackie chan

did you get the leather from Ross? I can't get ahold of him.

Im lucky with my gf, her Dad has 3 bullitt mustangs and only drives one of them. She is used to guys and their love of cars. My car has been sitting dead in the water waiting for me to pick up my axles for the rear end i upgraded to due to a few too many limiter launches on slicks. now she is saying how she misses riding around in it
Old 02-25-2004, 08:37 AM
cybercath

Default Re: why can't they understand?

Originally posted by mattbruhin
I realize that women will never have the same attatchment to their chariot, but please.
OMG...what women are you talking about?!?!? LOL Hey, there are those of us out there who love their car just as much, if not more, than most men! Check out ZChickz.com and you'll see there are more of us out there than you think!
Old 02-25-2004, 12:27 PM
ViZion

i've ditched my bf to wash my z or drive my z before. there are just some things that i can't share with him. my z understands me.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:45 PM
onii

Default Re: Re: why can't they understand?

Originally posted by cybercath
OMG...what women are you talking about?!?!? LOL Hey, there are those of us out there who love their car just as much, if not more, than most men! Check out ZChickz.com and you'll see there are more of us out there than you think!

Zchicks.com?? wow. gotta check that out. =P
Old 02-25-2004, 12:47 PM
drew703

My girlfriend has explicitly told me she WILL leave me one day due to the amount of time I spend

A. Driving my Z

B. Talking about my Z, and cars in general for that matter

C. www.my350z.com

I'm really starting to think she's serious, but eh what are you going to do. A, B, C are aren't gonna change most likely

-drew
Old 02-25-2004, 06:00 PM
BoostTed

sucks to be with a SO who dont understands. Funny thing is my last GF was even more carefull with her car than i was with mine. I would park away from other cars but she would park in the very corner of a parking lot. I remeber when i had to wash and wax my car for a show, she wouldnt let me touch it cuz she was afraid i'd mess up the waxing process so she spent like 6 hrs that day washing, clay barring and then waxing thecar. She boughtt a lot of mods for my car too...and i mean a lot!
Old 02-25-2004, 06:33 PM
EL Diablo

My girl loves my TRACK. She cant wait to get it back from the shop with a brand new NISMO kit on it
Old 02-25-2004, 06:41 PM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its not just the Z, but all cars in general. Girls cant understand how a human can get so attached to a machine, but its something that many males have. I consider my cars as my friends in almost a human like way. Hard to explain to females.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:49 PM
Richardew

My previous GF accused me of loving my 911s more than her ('89 Silver Anniversary Cab, '95 C2). I told her it wasn't so, I definately loved her more then the '89 Cab. She left shortly therafter. Good riddence. There are only thousands of sports cars but billions of women. Much easier to replace.
Rich
'03 FX 45 w/tech, Black/Brick
'96 911 C4 Cab, Iris Blue/marble/marble
'04 350 ZR 6MT, SS/BO w/18's & NAV
Old 02-25-2004, 09:26 PM
ViZion

Originally posted by Reggi914
Its not just the Z, but all cars in general. Girls cant understand how a human can get so attached to a machine, but its something that many males have. I consider my cars as my friends in almost a human like way. Hard to explain to females.
then you've been hanging around the wrong women. i've never met anyone as **** retentive about their car as me. my car is like my favorite appendage (sp?) i take better care of her than i do myself most of hte time.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:14 AM
longbowe

Originally posted by Jun
Nice pic of your car there!

Quick Reply: why can't they understand?