Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

do you.......look at your Z after u have parked?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 08:03 AM
zlove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 350black

Does it make me a pervert that I like to watch onii's avitar bounce around, even though it is only a cartoon?
She is from an arcade game, "Super Money Puzzle Exchanger".....you should get it, good times.

Oh yeah, I look at the car all the time, but the good thing is, so does my girlfriend!

One night we went out to eat and we were seated at the back of the restaurant next to huge full floor to ceiling windows. I had parked the Z around front so my girlfriend made me go act like I was going to the restroom and move the car so it was right outside next to our table......yeah like that wasn't obvious or anything...I don't think we looked at each other once during the meal.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:24 AM
drew703

I definitely check out my car every single time I walk away from it. Depending on location and parking spot, I see it a LOT. I also definitely do the whole "re-parking" usually at least once or twice. I always get out and check to see how close I am to the curb or other cars, and if my g/f is in the car, she happily gets out and checks

-drew
Old 02-26-2004, 10:29 AM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

guilty. Of looking back, out the window, etc, etc... Had mine for 1 year 1 month... Still looking...

So far, no GF trouble.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:39 AM
MASTERPLAU

Hello,
Yes, i am addicted to looking at my vehicle whenever i can... sometimes... i also like to watch people looking at my Z, too...
but i get nervous when they get to close to her... is it paranoia or just an obsession...
Old 02-26-2004, 10:48 AM
Yielar

I too am guilty of sneeking a peek while walking away from my Z. Sometimes I try not to but no matter how much I try, it seems impossible. I can't just park beside everyone else either in fear of getting door dinged, so I'll park in the farthest, safest spot possible. I often park and then move a few times trying to find the safest spot for my baby. If someone were watching me while parking it would be quite amusing to them I'm sure. We have had a few vehicle break-ins at the gym my girlfriend and I go to which makes me nervous because there are no windows in the gym for me to keep a look out! So quite often I'll run out and check to see if there are any criminials lurking around the parking lot during our workout. My girlfriend understands how I feel about my car and doesn't give me grief about it which is good.

Yielar
Old 02-26-2004, 11:02 AM
cincyspider

LOL...yea, I do it too. My favorite is this one restaurant with an outdoor patio for dining. I can park right there where it's visible and I can hear all the comments people make about it....

Do you especially take a sec to look outside at it after you've washed and waxed it??
Old 02-26-2004, 11:35 AM
DiRN

I definitely stare every chance I get. So does one of my buddies. He makes me drive everywhere (as do most people), and I think he stares at it more than I do. One time we were at a diner and he kept opening the blinds on the window to look at her. One time he said "Dude, the Z's gone." I nearly sh*t myself.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:52 PM
erock

I don't think the question is "do you......", should be more like "who doesn't......"

I'm guilty of everything said so far....
Old 02-26-2004, 02:06 PM
aalzuhair

Originally posted by onii
when i can, i park it so i can look at it while im inside, but mainly to make sure no stupid kid scratches it. but usually, when im in a parking garage, i park top level away from everyone in the corner, facing out at a diagonal...when i walk away i definitely turn around and stare for a while.
Sounds like my wife
Old 02-26-2004, 02:36 PM
onii

:asses around bouncing girls to all::
Old 02-26-2004, 04:56 PM
christurismohk

I m soooooooo glad that i m not the only one!!

Hello,
Yes, i am addicted to looking at my vehicle whenever i can... sometimes... i also like to watch people looking at my Z, too...
but i get nervous when they get to close to her... is it paranoia or just an obsession...
ditto!!

my feeling after i have parked my car---"I will miss you" (in my head to myself), and then turn around and give it a last look before i cant see it anymore.

when i m going to get my car...i walk faster as i can see my car and think to my self (YEA!! LETS GET OUTTA HERE!!)

folks...i m crazy......
Old 02-26-2004, 06:10 PM
guerojo

Everytime I get of the car, I turn around set the alarm, look make sure my blinkers flash. Then I stare and say to myself, "Damn, my car looks good."
Old 02-26-2004, 07:06 PM
CelticPride2

I stop and look back every time I park it...to not take a long last look is simply not possible.

I'm probably most guilty of this when I'm at the local Starbucks. I always end up taking one of the two parallel parking spaces right in front so nobody parks too close to me, then end up sitting at a table by the window so I can keep staring. Ridiculous? Probably...but I am what I am.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:51 PM
drew703

Originally posted by guerojo
Everytime I get of the car, I turn around set the alarm, look make sure my blinkers flash. Then I stare and say to myself, "Damn, my car looks good."
AMEN!

Hey do you mind if I use that for my quote of the moment? It's so simple, yet so powerful...

Last edited by drew703; 02-26-2004 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:07 AM
Beaker02

Originally posted by yobri
I usually look to see if I really left enough room between me and the car next to me... there are plenty o' times when I've gotten back into the car just to park a little closer to the wall/curb on the other side.
I thought I was the only guy to do that.

and yes.........

I look.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:33 AM
Rushguy

I know its bad but I smoke and not in the car. Whenever I park the Z running errands I get out and light a smoke and just walk around the car looking at it from every angle. When I finish my smoke I walk away to do my business, and I still turn around a few times to look again. I repeat the whole process when I go back to drive away as well.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:21 AM
mk350z

Oh yeah...I look...
Old 02-27-2004, 09:30 AM
DiRN

Originally posted by Rushguy
I know its bad but I smoke and not in the car. Whenever I park the Z running errands I get out and light a smoke and just walk around the car looking at it from every angle. When I finish my smoke I walk away to do my business, and I still turn around a few times to look again. I repeat the whole process when I go back to drive away as well.
You're not alone. I do the exact same thing. Most of my friends don't get it. They tell me to open the window and I just shake my head and say they don't get it.

You just don't smoke in a Z.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:40 AM
TruBluZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotta look back. Just to let her know I'll be back for her shortly!
Old 02-27-2004, 11:18 AM
Phatmitzu

heehee, and I thought I was weird...
Weirdos!!

Quick Reply: do you.......look at your Z after u have parked?