Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Centerlock conversion for 350z

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2023, 11:52 AM
Heel Til I Die

Received 1,108 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by bealljk
I hope you continue to make progress on your build, sounds costly, sounds intense, but post your progress and be a productive member of this forum. And you too will too see these frequent posts and become a dick too.
To quote one of the most legendary members of this forum that graced us with his presence for the briefest of moments:

Originally Posted by dugan33
**** you guys and this site.
​​​​​​​
The following 2 users liked this post by Heel Til I Die:
bealljk (07-20-2023), DarkZ03 (07-20-2023)
Old 07-20-2023, 01:25 PM
DarkZ03

Received 494 Likes on 414 Posts

You know ONE thing I never see these project owners do?
introduce themselves, tell us what is their field of expertise, goal of the car, and a budget.
anything can be had with enough money and knowledge, but will it be functional and live up to expectations?

People say "I want this much power" "want this or that swap" but never take time to explain other than "I want" or "I think it would be cool"
That's why people get apprehensive about one-off projects, people that have what it takes do not come to the forum and ask.
Look at Sasha for example, he doesn't come here to ask because it would be nonsensical, it's a one-off, you are a pioneer, you will not get answers from the 99% of car guys.

You can say you want to clone a race car, but what is the purpose? Does it just need to look like it or drive like it, or both?
If the purpose is racecar and you are loaded, why not order a race Z from Nismo?
I guarantee those cars will be WAY more engineered and functional to anything the average person can build.

Last edited by DarkZ03; 07-20-2023 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-20-2023, 01:34 PM
Heel Til I Die

Received 1,108 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkZ03
You can say you want to clone a race car, but what is the purpose? Does it just need to look like it or drive like it, or both?
I remember those Ferrari body kits for the Fiero. Those were hawt.
Old 07-20-2023, 02:28 PM
DarkZ03

Lol, Vaydor G35 comes to mind, but that's kit car, not race car.
Old 07-20-2023, 03:24 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,298 Likes on 2,346 Posts

Originally Posted by Heel Til I Die
How soon we forget the lovelies of yesterday....

The following users liked this post:
bealljk (07-20-2023)
Old 07-20-2023, 10:26 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,299 Likes on 1,023 Posts

Originally Posted by MicVelo
How soon we forget the lovelies of yesterday....

that conversion took $28,000 and 9months of non-stop work …

Now, AI gets you a picture in 15seconds

wait a minute! OP can fab up some centerlocks with ChapGPT!
Old 07-21-2023, 02:19 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,143 Likes on 6,594 Posts

op be like

Old 07-21-2023, 09:11 AM
supergtproject

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Document the build. Sounds interesting and we need some new builds to fawn over. Check out some of the other builds - pretty cool stuff.
I'll make a separate thread for that if you guys are interested, checked out one other build there are some nice builds.

Originally Posted by bealljk
Thank you! My work is done here … I joke I joke - I’m actually a really nice person (both on this forum and in real life) but I’ll hide behind the safety of my keyboard for this thread.

You should post up some pictures of your build…

And I’m only a dick because we get the pie-in-the-sky type questions 6 or 8 times a year where the OP simply does not listen or gets upset because they dont want to hear that reality of the answer. Then said OP goes to facebook or the other z forums and asks the same questions looking for an answer they want to hear.

I suspect you wont last here - which is a shame. I hope you continue to make progress on your build, sounds costly, sounds intense, but post your progress and be a productive member of this forum. And you too will too see these frequent posts and become a dick too.
I'll create a build progress thread. "I suspect you won't last here" I'll last just to prove you wrong I'm spiteful. It'll be a costly build and that's fine it won't be done by tomorrow or maybe even the next few years.

You know ONE thing I never see these project owners do?
introduce themselves, tell us what is their field of expertise, goal of the car, and a budget.
anything can be had with enough money and knowledge, but will it be functional and live up to expectations?

People say "I want this much power" "want this or that swap" but never take time to explain other than "I want" or "I think it would be cool"
That's why people get apprehensive about one-off projects, people that have what it takes do not come to the forum and ask.
Look at Sasha for example, he doesn't come here to ask because it would be nonsensical, it's a one-off, you are a pioneer, you will not get answers from the 99% of car guys.

If the purpose is racecar and you are loaded, why not order a race Z from Nismo?
I guarantee those cars will be WAY more engineered and functional to anything the average person can build.
Sorry to be blunt but in all reality I couldn't care any less about the users on this forum just as you shouldn't care for me. Came here to ask questions and get answers I couldn't find with just a simple google search. I'll document my build and the progress I make but I won't be involving my personal life with your wants. You cannot purchase a Super GT 350z from nismo / nissan. Don't underestimate my engineering capabilities

Originally Posted by Heel Til I Die
They were definitely not hot.

Kit cars are gross.

Originally Posted by travlee
It's true.
Old 07-21-2023, 11:09 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,299 Likes on 1,023 Posts

Originally Posted by supergtproject
I'll make a separate thread
Def create a build thread …

and yes please, us me as motivation … but dont be spiteful (that brings you down, not me) just go out and do it…

My greddy twin turbo build thread is around 10years old now?? So you got nothing but time!
supergtproject (07-21-2023)
Old 07-21-2023, 03:09 PM
DarkZ03

I'll make a separate thread for that if you guys are interested, checked out one other build there are some nice builds.

I'll create a build progress thread. "I suspect you won't last here" I'll last just to prove you wrong I'm spiteful. It'll be a costly build and that's fine it won't be done by tomorrow or maybe even the next few years.

Sorry to be blunt but in all reality I couldn't care any less about the users on this forum just as you shouldn't care for me. Came here to ask questions and get answers I couldn't find with just a simple google search. I'll document my build and the progress I make but I won't be involving my personal life with your wants. You cannot purchase a Super GT 350z from nismo / nissan. Don't underestimate my engineering capabilities

They were definitely not hot.

Kit cars are gross.

It's true.
It's not my wants or needs, I don't care if you succeed or fail!
It's just useful info to help out where possible, but if you are going to act like a child it's the last time I'll check this thread lol.
​​​​​@travlee says it best: dreamer thread, until proven wrong.
travlee (07-24-2023)
Old 07-24-2023, 10:03 AM
supergtproject

It's not my wants or needs, I don't care if you succeed or fail!
It's just useful info to help out where possible, but if you are going to act like a child it's the last time I'll check this thread lol.
​​​​​@travlee says it best: dreamer thread, until proven wrong.
Then don't that's your decision, want me to baby you in my responses instead? None of what you asked for is relevant.
Old 07-24-2023, 12:21 PM
iideadeyeii

Received 454 Likes on 369 Posts

I just looked this up and ngl it's kinda sick af
Old 07-26-2023, 08:56 AM
DarkZ03

Originally Posted by iideadeyeii
Lol, not terrible if done right.
Old 07-26-2023, 08:59 AM
DarkZ03

Then don't that's your decision, want me to baby you in my responses instead? None of what you asked for is relevant.
I didn't really ask for anything?
Look at it from our perspective, you come hear asking questions we can't answer.
When we give you options or answers you dont want to hear, then you don't like it.
Old 07-26-2023, 11:13 AM
supergtproject

Actually, I took all responses into account, you're creating your own scenario on how things played out. I asked whether or not anyone knew of a company that produced Center locking systems for wheels and whether or not there were any videos of anyone out there doing this. Most of the responses were telling me how expensive a setup like this would be, which is irrelevant to my question. Someone suggested a wheel brand called Braid I believe which is fine and all just not what I was looking for as I already had a plan for which wheels, I'd be running. That doesn't make me someone who doesn't listen to suggestions it's just not going to work with my idea. I didn't dislike your ideas they just don't align with my plan as I've already said, and thought was obvious from the start. "We answered your question at least four times now" Hey, I don't go making assumptions about people unlike this guy. Someone out there might have information that you or bealljk don't have. If you disagree, you're wrong. Claiming I asked the same question over and over again is moronic. I asked the question, got plenty of answers regarding the price and that I'll need to have a specialty shop if anything create what I'm looking for as nobody out there makes them specifically for my car. I adhered to all of these suggestions and stated why the other options that were listed such as braid wheels and adapters etc. weren't going to work out for me. You're horrible at conversing if you believe I was asking the same question over and over again.
Old 07-26-2023, 02:15 PM
DarkZ03

I never said you asked over and over, you got me confused with someone else?
My response was what it was because we see it a lot, someone says "I want to do X" and doesn't take what we say in account because it doesn't align with his/her plans.
Then they disappear and never come back.
Hopefully you won't be one of those people, but having a $40k+ NA engine that's basically "consumable" isn't for the average person.
Good luck!
The following 2 users liked this post by DarkZ03:
supergtproject (07-26-2023), travlee (07-26-2023)
Old 07-26-2023, 08:02 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by iideadeyeii
Shaq had one built, a few things had to be extended for him to fit. I watched the build years ago, can't remember if it was WCC. lol
Old 07-27-2023, 04:58 AM
supergtproject

Originally Posted by mr. sparco

Shaq had one built, a few things had to be extended for him to fit. I watched the build years ago, can't remember if it was WCC. lol
For a kit car they're not bad looking. Never been a fan of exotics unfortunately.