Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Fuel Injector Plastic Ring Broken, Are They Nessasary?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2023, 01:49 PM
Tech Territory

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Fuel Injector Plastic Ring Broken, Are They Nessasary?

Hello! I have a 2003 Nissan 350z Touring Hatchback, and I was working on replacing the Knock Sensor because I had a code for it a while back and to do that you have to remove the fuel rails aswell as the intake manifold and I was slotting the fuel rails/injectors back in and "spaced" putting the spacers in so i bolted the rail in without them and then once I had the lower plenum in I realized that the 4 plastic spacers were not in. So I unbolted the fuel rails and removed them and inspected the injectors and only on the right side (looking at the car from the front) injectors showed any signs of damage the plastic ring things on the tips of the injectors were broken some of them completely and one of them just halfway... I am really not in a good situation where I can buy 6 injectors or even really 3 so im wondering if i need to replace them or if it is okay to run it without them??? I am assuming no but thought I would ask... also if i need to replace them can you guys send some sort of link to a good set of injectors that is also somewhat budget friendly.. thanks guys
Old 10-06-2023, 01:56 PM
Tech Territory

here are the images for the injector caps... also i found this.. would this work???

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35429109419...RoCrvEQAvD_BwE
Attached Thumbnails Fuel Injector Plastic Ring Broken, Are They Nessasary?-what-it-is-supposed-to-look-like-_not-broken_.jpg   Fuel Injector Plastic Ring Broken, Are They Nessasary?-broken-2.jpg   Fuel Injector Plastic Ring Broken, Are They Nessasary?-broken.jpg  
Old 10-07-2023, 03:03 PM
Tech Territory

Also how nessasary is it for me to remove the head and take that plastic piece that broke off out of 2 of the cylinders... because it fell through the valves on 2 of the three the other one I got out