Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

440 RC Injectors HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 10:57 AM
sja177
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 440 RC Injectors HELP

I installed these with relative ease, oiled the o rings, popped all 6 in everything was in good. I tightened the rail down bolts to about 100 inch lbs.

Im getting a little fuel smell under the engine bay, but I havent run the car long, because Im afraid of it catching on fire.

I am almost positive the injectors are not leaking, the rail was down very tight, but the injectors were free to move left and right because I could not fit the oem clamps over the injector body. What torque should the fuel rail bolts be at? And should I run the car longer to see if it goes away, or take the damn plenum off and redo all this **** (PITA) TIA guys
Old 02-27-2006, 12:11 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sja177
I installed these with relative ease, oiled the o rings, popped all 6 in everything was in good. I tightened the rail down bolts to about 100 inch lbs.

Im getting a little fuel smell under the engine bay, but I havent run the car long, because Im afraid of it catching on fire.

I am almost positive the injectors are not leaking, the rail was down very tight, but the injectors were free to move left and right because I could not fit the oem clamps over the injector body. What torque should the fuel rail bolts be at? And should I run the car longer to see if it goes away, or take the damn plenum off and redo all this **** (PITA) TIA guys
not positive on the torque but i would let it run a little bit and keep a good look out for leaks.sounds like it might just be a little left over fuel that you are smelling.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:04 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by superchargedg
not positive on the torque but i would let it run a little bit and keep a good look out for leaks.sounds like it might just be a little left over fuel that you are smelling.

Did you install a return fuel system at the same time? If so...check all the fittings for leaks. I dont have the service manual in front of me, but 10-15lb sounds about right for the trq specs. There should be no "wobble" on your fuel rail or injectors. Did you use the fuel rail spacers?
Old 02-27-2006, 08:09 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

take the intake manifold off and turn the key on a few times to prime the fuel system and build pressure and look around and see where the smell is coming from. i am assuming you used some spacers to raise the fuel rails when you put in these injectors?
Old 02-27-2006, 10:00 PM
sja177
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I took everything off and reinstalled the injectors and rail, and now no more fuel smell

thx for the help guys, car idles like its stock!!

Now time for technosquare
Old 02-28-2006, 12:49 AM
MR RIZK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last edited by MR RIZK; 02-28-2006 at 02:13 AM.