Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Ohh...Heeeeell NOoooo....

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 07:16 AM
Bertg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about that. There are just to many f'ing idiots out there who don't give a sh#t about other people's property. Don't worry, what goes around comes around. At least the damage isn't that bad. Good luck with the touch up.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:28 AM
WayneTN

Post a sign near the parking lot that says that the hit & run was captured on a 360-degree mini-cam located in the car, and, if the person comes forward to accept responsiblity, the police won't be called. Include your phone number.

WayneTN
Old 02-27-2004, 07:41 AM
MrNicholas

Your Z wants/needs revenge too..
I agree with drew703, everytime i hit this forum the worry about my car increases. Luckily folks around here have a good respect for nice cars.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:51 AM
Kas_Z

sorry guy. Thats why im keeping the old car when i go to law school. Kids cant park!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2004, 08:10 AM
ViZion

god i hate parking at school. someone has already found it necessary to leave imprints of their front license plate screws in my rear bumper.

when i had my si, some asshat backed into my door, dented the crap out of it, and didn't have the common decency to leave a note.

people on campus have no respect for other's property. jusst because you don't give a flying fack about your car doesn't mean i don't care about mine!!!! [/rant]
Old 02-27-2004, 09:35 AM
Montez

Originally posted by zland
I feel badly for you. Thank goodness I have had mine since Jan 2003 and n ot one chip or scratch on it yet. Of course i park it very far away from everyone and dont even drive it in the rain. Most of all, i have been very lucky.

I guess if I ever sell it, it will be a good car for them since i am at just over 5000 miles in 13 months of ownership. Remember, this is so cal too thus I am able to drive it year round.

Jeff - zland
Sorry to hear that from the original poster people nowadays are a mess, Zland man you are lucky not to have one nick on your car. I purchased the same month and year you did and have a few, but I have more miles than you do you drive it much with only 5000 miles?
Old 02-27-2004, 11:06 AM
Phatmitzu

Originally posted by WayneTN
Post a sign near the parking lot that says that the hit & run was captured on a 360-degree mini-cam located in the car, and, if the person comes forward to accept responsiblity, the police won't be called. Include your phone number.

WayneTN
heehee yeah...or one of those talking alarms. It gives warnings when objects are too close to the vehicle...but for some reason I doubt those a$$holes would give a damn about anything...
Old 02-27-2004, 01:17 PM
ElBombastico

Default Re: Ohh...Heeeeell NOoooo....

Originally posted by Phatmitzu
Got off class. Walked to my car in the parking lot. Heres what I see...

Donno who, what, when and why...
What can I say other than F*** ME!

is that rust i see?
Old 02-27-2004, 01:20 PM
Ultimateone

Damn why does this happen??? I hate how people just take off when they sould leave a note or something WTF
Old 02-27-2004, 01:24 PM
NismoKid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Montez
Sorry to hear that from the original poster people nowadays are a mess, Zland man you are lucky not to have one nick on your car. I purchased the same month and year you did and have a few, but I have more miles than you do you drive it much with only 5000 miles?
I've had mine since 3/25/03 and 3,500 miles. I take mine out a few times a week. It's mostly for those 250 mile round trips to Orlando. My car has a scratch from my cat that tried jumping on the right rear quarter and rear bumper damage, which both remain. The inside still smells new and I have that Japanese-English center cubby opening instruction sticker still there!
Old 02-27-2004, 01:42 PM
Mr B

Damn, that totally sucks. Sorry to hear about your new baby. Sometimes, it's an SUV or a big huge vehicle and people just don't know or feel when they rubbed up against a car. Some may say "can't they hear it?" Some people, like me, bump their music a little too loud for us to hear anything.
Good luck in repairing the car. I can suggest a body shop around Arcadia if you'd like.
Old 02-27-2004, 02:27 PM
Electro Z

YEah... I am with all the other guys here! I feel your pain man! I dont drive my DBZ unless I can see it almost all the time.. I have my ram for shopping trips.. go ahead.. beat on that.. prob hurt your car.

i wish there was a big blow up cushion you could put on the Z when away... with permenant dye packs so that when someone brushes your car it paints their car with "Im an As##ole red color.. Then we can all point and laugh or do some vigilante work on em.

Freaking pin heads

Go get it painted and buffed out.. park it and sit and look at her for a while.. ist a "Z"en thing!

EZ
Old 02-27-2004, 05:57 PM
Ruhtra

Hey here in chicago i find a scratch or a nick on my car almost daily. that is so upsetting when u dont have a garage and a good place to park at work. Sometimes i just want to drive my winter beater but the again whats the point of having a z if it just sits there. right........?
Old 02-28-2004, 12:10 AM
longbowe

Yeah, I got the same on my baby about a month ago. I was sooo upset. And the weather has been far too inclement to get anything done about it. *sigh*
Old 02-28-2004, 05:12 AM
byebyeDSM

Damn that sux! Sorry to hear man. It's crap like that that makes me worried to leave my car parked at the movies and stuff. Someone key'd the shiat out of my friend's Z06 there, he only had it like 2 weeks too. I hate people that do that kind of shiat.
Old 02-28-2004, 10:48 AM
Phatmitzu

Default Re: Re: Ohh...Heeeeell NOoooo....

Originally posted by ElBombastico
is that rust i see?
No. It looks like it rubbed across my rear fender and "chipped off" some of the paint on the bumper. The black spots you see is my bumper...without its paint!!

Okay, I got some polish and touch-up paints and went to work...I did manage to polish off all the gooos on my fender, and did some micky mouse job on the touch-ups. But I noticed something that I havent before...a ****ing dent!! Crap! I donno how to fix that...so I guess I'll have to live with it for now.

Thanks guys for the support, and here are some "after" pix for you.

Old 02-28-2004, 12:09 PM
ragtopz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mark, just came across this thread. sorry about that. i just starting going back to school as of this past monday. i know what you mean about not being able to be picky about parking stalls.

i really do not feel comfortable parking my roadster in the parking lot for 8 hours. i am always relieved when i do a walkaround and see nothing wrong with my car. i fear it is just a matter of time at that school parking lot, however.

your touch up and buffing looks pretty good on the damage. the dent is not too bad. still it is sick that it happened in the first place. probably if you dont point it out, most people wont see it.
Old 02-28-2004, 03:56 PM
VQ274

Same exact thing happened to me when I left my car in a mall parking lot. I was so pissed if anyone was near me at the time I would have punched them.
Old 02-28-2004, 04:00 PM
fuzion

real sorry to hear that happened to ur Z. know you just got it recently and all. but hey from those pics i can barely see anything. keep ya head up.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:31 AM
GamblerZ

Speaking of cowards... Friday night I am returning to our car with my wife and sons and see some guy "rub" a reasonably new VW Beetle. He gets out of the car and gives the damage a cursory look, then walks away. I was stunned. I got my business card and wrote a very brief note on the back to the owner of the VW of what I saw. It seems that I witness stuff like this at least once a month. I am starting to run out of business cards.