Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Which Color????

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 07:53 PM
ATREYU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Color????

ok right now i still have my blue WRX and before i get my Z im wandering which color shows the least amount of dust and swirl marks, the blue wrx color shows a lot of dust and also shows the swirl marks at night when light shines on it. so which color shows the least of these two problems. (right now im leaning towards either the peaks pike white or the silverstone) but you tell me which of any of the colors they make would be best. Thanks
Old 02-26-2004, 08:12 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

silver. any silver.

it doesnt get dirty, it becomes a different color of silver.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:14 PM
NzZ

I'm a big fan of PPW. :-) When the sun is out or at night the sparkle in the paint looks fantastic. There also aren't that many PPW Zs. I normally don't like white cars, but the sparkle in the finish really won me over...and the car looks so damn sharp! I think it's one of the better colors as far as dirt goes..although mud shows up pretty badly. The nice thing about white is that swirl marks and small scratches are not often visible.

Chrome silver probably shows the least dirt..but is also one of the overdone colors. I like silverstone, but the car has to be 110% clean to look good, otherwise it's not appealing to me.

NzZ
Old 02-26-2004, 08:24 PM
denman

You have to learn how to wash your car so that you don't get swirl marks. My buddy is a detailer and I have an Alfa that I show. Years back he detailed the car geting rid of 95% of the swirl marks and taught me how to wash the car. The secret it to use a clean baby's diaper. Any little bit of dirt, once particle can cause the swirls. Powrwash all the loose dirt awat starting from the top down. Try to only use a rag on the sides down. Use the diaper to clean and polish. Using this technique the cars finish has remained almost perfect. I've taken first place with the car two years running. Anyway I also have pikes peak pearl whit also. It does show some dirt but when it's clean it really sparkles!
Old 02-26-2004, 10:40 PM
Donald0730

Silver stone is awesome. It has that shiny Gun Metal look to it.

Mines was the only one there with 6mt/navi. I was OK with it at first but then it started growing on me. This color is too awesome.

Denman- U talkin bout diaper rags or Huggies?
Old 02-26-2004, 11:37 PM
ssk0771

I have both Chrome Silver & Pikes Peak White.

They are both easy to maintain. Both are great colors.

DO NOT GET BLACK
Old 02-26-2004, 11:48 PM
FormulaRX

If you are concerned with seeing dust, then any silver will mask dust better than other colors, however my favorite color for the 350Z is Pikes Peak White!!! The color just looks awesome in the bright sun and even better under the moonlight!
Old 02-27-2004, 12:39 AM
samw1978

SILVER¡@will hide those...
Old 02-27-2004, 02:23 AM
Sz28r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chrome Silver
Old 02-27-2004, 03:46 AM
350black

I got an SB. By far my favorite color when it is clean. The problem is the only time it is clean is the five minutes right after I wash it.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:39 AM
Zeenut

I had a chance to pick CS or SS. Very difficult decision until the dealer put both cars side-by-side. There had been a very light sprinkle of rain a couple of hours earlier and ! could see the water spots on the SS but not on the CS. I opted for the CS. It's all a matter of preference. The most important part of this is just getting the Z. The rest is icing on the cake!
Old 02-27-2004, 05:53 AM
kcobean

Ok, I'll be the oddball....I picked the only color aside from black that isn't a metallic paint....REDLINE....Hell, it's a sports-car, it should be red. Besides, the bronze Brembo brake calipers and the rays wheels look awesome with red. I love the SS, but I've always kind of thought that silver belongs on luxury cars like a Merc. Red=Power! It doesn't hide dust all that well, but if you want a car that hides dust, there's a rust ridden Ford Pinto just up the street from me with a For Sale sign in the window. I'm sure you won't see the dust on it ;-)

Want 2 C more of my Z?

Last edited by kcobean; 02-27-2004 at 05:57 AM.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:59 AM
NismoKid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LeMans doesn't show anything, but beauty Only time you'll see dirt on it is right behind the wheel wells if you've driven in the rain on roads with dirt. Other than that, I couldn't be happier.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:08 AM
Zeenut

I had the option of CS or SS. The dealer put both cars side-by-side for me to choose. There had been a light rain earlier that day and I noticed that you could see the waterspots on the SS and not on the CS. I opted for the CS. It's really a matter of preference. Just get the car, the color is icing on the cake!
Old 02-27-2004, 09:09 AM
Zeenut

OOOPS! Sorry about the double post! My bad!
Old 02-27-2004, 09:12 AM
ATREYU

so, so far i have mostly options of going white or silver? i read in another thread about paint chipping on the 2003's and was wandering if the 2004's have the same problem or if nissan fixed it. Isnt the Chrome silver the rarest color (atleast thats what the dealer said). thanks for the opinions. lets get some more if possible.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:18 AM
ares
Veteran

all cars have chipping problems these days. read an acura forum youll see the same stuff. we all like to complain and say no one else has this issue, nissans to blame. but IMO its the new paint process that has been required for enviromental reasons.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:19 AM
ares
Veteran

also for the record as well. chips on the hood and quarter panels will be hidden well on a white or silver car, as the metal is silver.

but the bumper is black, if you do get a chip through the paint and primer, it will be visible.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:26 AM
Montez

Originally posted by NzZ
I'm a big fan of PPW. :-) When the sun is out or at night the sparkle in the paint looks fantastic. There also aren't that many PPW Zs. I normally don't like white cars, but the sparkle in the finish really won me over...and the car looks so damn sharp! I think it's one of the better colors as far as dirt goes..although mud shows up pretty badly. The nice thing about white is that swirl marks and small scratches are not often visible.

Chrome silver probably shows the least dirt..but is also one of the overdone colors. I like silverstone, but the car has to be 110% clean to look good, otherwise it's not appealing to me.

NzZ
Your right PPW is simply a nice looking color we love it!
Old 02-27-2004, 09:31 AM
Jetpilot718

Well, for those of you who like and know how to properly clean your car, there is no color better than black to show off a good wax job.

I clean my SB every 3-4 days. I like to. It keeps me sane. And it looks better at night than any color. There, I said it

Quick Reply: Which Color????