Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z rear cv axel length

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2024, 02:22 PM
Greasy Gabe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 350z rear cv axel length

Hey guys, I got a wide body 350z, I’m currently running 3inch wide spacers, and I’m trying to get rid of them, I also track the car so getting wheels with the right offset still will wear out my wheel bearings, so I’m looking to extend my control arms out more to either run smaller spacers, or hopefully none at all, I’ve found plenty of extended control arms for the front (because drift cars) and I’ve also found adjustable ones in the rear, only issue is my cv axels, if I’m going to push my rear knuckle out more, I’ll need to extended my cv axles. So I’m looking for the length of my current oem axels so I can find ones that are 3 inches longer that I can either modify to fit, or more preferable already fit. Thanks
Old 07-23-2024, 09:09 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 451 Likes on 366 Posts

Soooo, you are worried about wheel bearings?
Your "fix" to this worry is to make a custom suspension set-up and custom axles to compensate for it?
Old 07-23-2024, 10:23 AM
GreyZ

Received 174 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Greasy Gabe
Hey guys, I got a wide body 350z, I’m currently running 3inch wide spacers, and I’m trying to get rid of them, I also track the car so getting wheels with the right offset still will wear out my wheel bearings, so I’m looking to extend my control arms out more to either run smaller spacers, or hopefully none at all, I’ve found plenty of extended control arms for the front (because drift cars) and I’ve also found adjustable ones in the rear, only issue is my cv axels, if I’m going to push my rear knuckle out more, I’ll need to extended my cv axles. So I’m looking for the length of my current oem axels so I can find ones that are 3 inches longer that I can either modify to fit, or more preferable already fit. Thanks
You will not find anything on the same chassis with a 6" wider track width. You will need custom axles that will not be cheap. I will be easier and cheaper to upgrade to the 370z wheel bearings and just replace wheel bearings often.