Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 350Z 2004 Misfire issues ?

Hello everyone !

Got next issues/codes for my Nissan 350Z 2004 VQ35DE:
  • P0302 (DTC)
  • P0300 (DTC)
  • P0328 (Freeze frame)
  • P000007 (Freeze frame)

I have this car since end of 2023, got it with 66K miles, before issue started to occur, I was riding the car for like 1.500 miles, no issues at all.

Last 4 months, from April to July, car was not driven outside of the garden, just two times to refuel the car in months between from April to July (Total distance was 40-50 miles), and refueled amount was (2.64 liquid gallon), the car itself was working properly, without issues even then.

In meantime, car has been started every 3-5 days in garage, it was working in idle mode for 10-15 mins.

I could hear some strange sound but I wasn't sure about it, so I could easily said there was nothing special, that's the time when the P0328 code appeared in "Freeze frame" section on my OBD scanner app, even by then DTC section was empty and without any codes/errors.

By start of July, I got some money, I called my friend and we went to gas station, to refuel the car, once we reached gas station, we did put 100 octane (full reservoir top-up) and we did pass like 5 miles and car started to work very bad

Explanation:
  • It was like having block on rpm's
  • Couldn't pass rpm's
  • Not working on all cylinders
  • Could smell fuel around the car

I've scanned some codes and this is what I got, take a look: https://imgur.com/a/akLDEiK

I already purchased next:
  • Knock sensor & Wire set for knock sensor (AliExpress)
  • OEM Set of spark plugs

Will do:
  • Set of coils OEM (x6 total)
  • Clean fuel pump & it's components
  • Cleaning fuel injectors (x6 total) through UltraSonic method (I got them out of the car already)
  • Will check if there is any leak at valve cover under the spark plugs

Everywhere where I did ask for opinion (friends, gym, mechanics, etc)

Response was that, car has got clogged with trash from the fuel tank since car was below fuel level for last 4 months and that's issue for this misfires ?

Your opinion how to solve this ?

Thanks !

Last edited by AlligatorVS; Yesterday at 08:25 AM.
Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM
phreaktor
Design Engineer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Precise issues I had when I took my car (same year) off the road. I believe it is fuel related. Either water in the gas or trash sucked into the injectors. Because the car was in E territory for the longest and I kept moving it around until it only crawls now and yes fuel smell is what should be your red flag.

My plan is to have the injectors tested because I did all the coils and plugs. My **** is misfiring HARD. One other burgeoning concern is my valve cover spark plug seals. They all go bad eventually and on the OEM covers they're part of the casting. You have to replace the whole valve cover and the aftermarket ones with removable seals all go bad, I hear. Do you have what sounds like an exhaust leak near the left or right manifold?

Last edited by phreaktor; Yesterday at 06:19 PM.
Old Today, 04:42 AM
AlligatorVS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No exhaust leaks, my flex pipes we're damaged but I replaced them and at the moment, no exhaust leaks.